• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

I hate you Isabelle

Isabelle needs to know that she's a secretary. Not an adviser.
She hinders creativity to no end.

What I want to know is, if I'm the bloody mayor, why can't I just go "To hell with you woman, I'm building this where I want, and if someone wants to complain, they can piss off 'cause I'm the dictator mayor!"

Seems like a perfectly functional society to me. I mean, if anyone gets too upset, I'll just send them a letter. Problem solved.

That or have Booker arrest them in the night...

Wow you guys are seriously hating on her when really it's not her fault.

Poor puppy. :(

If anything, I think it's good that someone is there to tell us where we can and can't place things. Without Isabelle, there'd always be problems.

That's not so bad! I had a bridge that was there when I originally started. I put my house near it. One day I thought, that would look better just a little to the left. I demolish it and move it.... I can't. I try for the original spot... nope. I try basically around 1/4 of my river (which is close-ish to my house because it kind of sits on this little island that the river runs around. NOTHING. And there's a lake next to it so no bridge there... nearest bridge is at least 15 spaces away. I had to restart my whole town.

People most likely to hate Isabelle because the system won't let you build PWP or because someone moved in to a wrong spot? I would rather blame those who put their house in my PWP plan's spot. In fact, Isabelle did a great job telling you that you can't build PWP on a certain spot.

If you think of it carefully, Isabelle isn't the one that put villager's house. Lol, want someone to blame? It's Tom Nook's & the villager's fault that you can't build your PWP on a certain spot.

Remember when you built your house? Who were the one that built your house for you? Tom Nook, right? Poor Isabelle. C:
Someone's a wee bit too serious XP

Wow you guys are seriously hating on her when really it's not her fault.

Poor puppy. :(

If anything, I think it's good that someone is there to tell us where we can and can't place things. Without Isabelle, there'd always be problems.
I disagree. I think she's a tad bit ridiculous. For example, I had a bridge in a spot one day, demolished it and attempted to put it back. She wouldn't let me put it anywhere within 15 spaces of where it originally was! I had to reset my entire town. The game overdid the safety features for PWPs.

There would not "always" be problems. The biggest problem is bloody Isabelle's regulations. Since when is she a contractor??
Sorry. I'm just very passionate about this. I was never able to find the same town after resetting and it was over something that was already there.

Side note: And may I just mention... she's not the mayor.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think that lots of people had the same issue. Mine wasn't too bad, but it was kind of interesting. Most people seem to run into issues when new villagers move in too close to bridges. When I demolished my first bridge and tried to build a new one in the same area, Isabelle told me that there was a house on the other side that was too close. The thing was that this house belonged to one of my original villagers. When my game's map was generated at the start of the game, not even the original houses were a proper distance from the bridges. That obviously makes sense since the map is created before the houses are, but it's still very annoying.

But yeah, there's no need to take it out on Isabelle. The PWP system is definitely flawed in many ways, and it's weird how bridges and houses don't have the same clearance. A house can be built closer to a bridge than a bridge to a house.

I did a little bit of testing, and it seems like you need at least five empty spaces between the two. Four typically seems to be too few, although the game is a bit weird in counting empty spaces to begin with. You need a lot more if you want to build a bridge close to a character's house (not the villager's houses), it seems as well.
Isabelle IS part of the system. It's a game. She's a pixelated character in the game.

Last edited:
I don't hate Isabelle per se, I just really hate the long pre-programmed speech that she gives when a project doesn't fit.

I disagree. I think she's a tad bit ridiculous. For example, I had a bridge in a spot one day, demolished it and attempted to put it back. She wouldn't let me put it anywhere within 15 spaces of where it originally was! I had to reset my entire town. The game overdid the safety features for PWPs.

There would not "always" be problems. The biggest problem is bloody Isabelle's regulations. Since when is she a contractor??
Sorry. I'm just very passionate about this. I was never able to find the same town after resetting and it was over something that was already there.

Side note: And may I just mention... she's not the mayor.

Then hate the developers or the people who came up with the idea of restrictions. Not the person who is forced to make you do things like that. I'm pretty sure that if she wasn't programmed like that, she would've let you do what you wanted.

Guys everyone is aware that she is not real and was programmed that way ha. I don't like the way she was programmed so therefor I do not like her.
Got Marcie to move out eventually though so my bridge is back. I also got some really cute villagers in the process (Fauna, leonardo and ricky).

Then hate the developers or the people who came up with the idea of restrictions. Not the person who is forced to make you do things like that. I'm pretty sure that if she wasn't programmed like that, she would've let you do what you wanted.
Um... you do realize you're talking about pixels? That's what Isabelle is because of the way she's programmed. Sorry to break it to you but she doesn't actually exist or have feelings. I dislike the way she was programmed, therefore I dislike her. Including programming.

People most likely to hate Isabelle because the system won't let you build PWP or because someone moved in to a wrong spot? I would rather blame those who put their house in my PWP plan's spot. In fact, Isabelle did a great job telling you that you can't build PWP on a certain spot.

If you think of it carefully, Isabelle isn't the one that put villager's house. Lol, want someone to blame? It's Tom Nook's & the villager's fault that you can't build your PWP on a certain spot.

Remember when you built your house? Who were the one that built your house for you? Tom Nook, right? Poor Isabelle. C:
I see your point, but in this particular situation there was already a bridge where he wanted to rebuild. It was all fine and dandy at one point. But when he wanted to change the style of the bridge it was suddenly a problem.

Um... you do realize you're talking about pixels? That's what Isabelle is because of the way she's programmed. Sorry to break it to you but she doesn't actually exist or have feelings. I dislike the way she was programmed, therefore I dislike her. Including programming.

Er, I knew that. -.-

Back