• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

How would you rate new horizons before it is release?

How would you rate the game?

• Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't seen it yet, but that's exciting news.

here's a screenshot of it.. looks like it's from a kotaku video, but i don't remember which one. got this from reddit though
qvnw1ukcowk41.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's a bit presumptuous, but I have to say 5 stars. From what information we've been given already, New Horizons fixes a lot of issues I had in previous games and seemingly adds in features I've been desperately longing for, for many years now.

It's almost to the point where I can't find anything I actively dislike yet, but that will probably change (hopefully not, though!).

I would say 4/5 because some of my favourite features from NL didn?t yet get confirmed for NH. I?m hoping they make a return - Brewster?s cafe & the ability to work at Brewster?s Cafe and Island tours with friends or solo.

The additions of the above would make the game perfect!

I never rate anything beforehand. I like to wait until I have "finished" something (like a movie or book) to talk about it, or in this situation, at least get the game and play it for a few weeks or longer before rating it. :rolleyes:

Everything I've seen so far in screenshots, leaks, videos, gameplay etc has gone beyond my expectations. It doesn't look or feel rushed in any way and the polish is squeaky clean.

I think Nintendo are really onto a winner here and not just for Animal Crossing fans!

so i did 4 stars because one of the biggest complaints i have with this game is the whole "one game per switch" which is beyond ridiculous imo. not only that but if your switch is fricked you have to wait for a cloud backup to be available to move your save over to the new one which can only be accessed 1 time, and for an emergency. as someone who loves creative freedom it's a huge letdown because you're limited to one island. and when you're done with that one island and so happy with all the progress you've made and done and don't want to change it but really want to work on something new- well you're forced to change it and lose all of that work you may really love. it's really disappointing they don't allow you to have a new game with each copy like it was in new leaf. hopefully that's something they change as it's right now, my only big issue.

Last edited:
so i did 4 stars because one of the biggest complaints i have with this game is the whole "one game per switch" which is beyond ridiculous imo. not only that but if your switch is fricked you have to wait for a cloud backup to be available to move your save over to the new one which can only be accessed 1 time, and for an emergency. as someone who loves creative freedom it's a huge letdown because you're limited to one island. and when you're done with that one island and so happy with all the progress you've made and done and don't want to change it but really want to work on something new- well you're forced to change it and lose all of that work you may really love. it's really disappointing they don't allow you to have a new game with each copy like it was in new leaf. hopefully that's something they change as it's right now, my only big issue.

�� I knew I was forgetting something.

1. Cloud save mess
2. Save data mess
3. Forced auto save (maybe?)

�� I knew I was forgetting something.

1. Cloud save mess
2. Save data mess
3. Forced auto save (maybe?)

i'm really feeling like it will be some forced autosave stuff, unfortunately, i didn't want to admit that but sadly, seeing how much they want to prevent resets and stuff like that- a forced autosave is very likely. i hope we are able to turn it off like in sword/shield though :^(

4. Gameplay-wise I don't like that terraforming is an endgame function. Village customization was one of the most fun parts of New Leaf to me and doing it progressively while collecting stuff and doing everything else was natural to me. I fear that everything I do in New Horizons before unlocking terraforming will feel like a chore to me. I like to play efficiently and if terraforming is only unlocked at the end, I'll already worry where I'll park my villager's houses and shops in the very beginning so I won't have to relocate them when I'll eventually reshape everything.
Also, not sure how I feel about the lack of Cloud saves and the auto save function.

Last edited:
It looks extremely promising and if it lives up to 40% of it, it would be enough to keep me entertained for years. The concept behind it, imo, is just that brilliant. "Getaway package" is to me exactly as advertised. Only thing that really worries me is the lack pf mention of a village cap. 10 would seem kinda low to me honestly. Then again, it wouldn't change that O'm going to love this experience. I even got my gf to join in the fun with me. Hype!

This maybe a spoiler but I read somewhere that you unlock terraforming as a permit with Nook Miles, how much, I don’t know

And cloud saves are tbd at a later date as the ‘new’ direct that was uploaded changed the fine print

I have just one or two reservations but those aside I?m blown away by this game. I think they made some bold changes but they made the right ones. I?ve never been this excited about a game release.

Back