• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How to get rid of Acne Scars

Antonio

✦ Any Pronouns ✦
Bells
Switch
5457-1578-2981
Island
Reverie
Orange Balloon
Toy Hammer
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Hello, everybody! I currently have these acne scars and I'm not sure how to get rid of them, I was hoping you could recommend me some products that could help me get rid of them. Thanks! 🖤

I personally use this. It works very well for me. I got it on Amazon.

Attachments

• 98FD1F2E-675F-4B85-961E-B91DB9ADDBFA.jpeg
    98FD1F2E-675F-4B85-961E-B91DB9ADDBFA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
here in the UK, my girlfriend swears by a cream called "sudocrem" for her acne scars and puts it on her face overnight. idk if it's available in other countries or if there's an equivalent, but.

I personally use this. It works very well for me. I got it on Amazon.
Does it get rid of Acne Scars, though? I don't have acne anymore, just the scars leftover from it.
Post automatically merged:

here in the UK, my girlfriend swears by a cream called "sudocrem" for her acne scars and puts it on her face overnight. idk if it's available in other countries or if there's an equivalent, but.
How effective was it? Also google said it was for diaper rashes. 😭
What is Sudocrem? Sudocrem is a medicated diaper rash cream, popular in countries like the United Kingdom and Ireland but not sold in the United States. Its key ingredients include zinc oxide, lanolin, and benzyl alcohol. The main use of Sudocrem is for the treatment of babies' diaper rash.

Does it get rid of Acne Scars, though? I don't have acne anymore, just the scars leftover from it.
Post automatically merged:

How effective was it? Also google said it was for diaper rashes. 😭

i assume pretty effective. it's most known for helping with diaper rashes, but it's also good for rashes in general, healing minor cuts/grazes/burns and reducing scars among other things. like you, i didn't know that until she told me lmao. to quote an article for you:

"Sudocrem contains zinc oxide, among other ingredients. Research shows that this product is highly effective in the treatment of hypertrophic scars. [...] According to the research, regular topical application of zinc oxide onto the scar will help to reduce the appearance of the scar after six weeks. This means that applying Sudocrem to a scar for a prolonged period of time could make a decent difference in lessening the redness around the scar and improve its appearance."

i assume pretty effective. it's most known for helping with diaper rashes, but it's also good for rashes in general, healing minor cuts/grazes/burns and reducing scars among other things. like you, i didn't know that until she told me lmao. to quote an article for you:

"Sudocrem contains zinc oxide, among other ingredients. Research shows that this product is highly effective in the treatment of hypertrophic scars. [...] According to the research, regular topical application of zinc oxide onto the scar will help to reduce the appearance of the scar after six weeks. This means that applying Sudocrem to a scar for a prolonged period of time could make a decent difference in lessening the redness around the scar and improve its appearance."
I may have to purchase some online then, hopefully they could ship from the UK because they don't sell it in the U.S.

Bio oil. While I've personally not had issues with acne, I've scar tissue from injuries and retired piercings that it is effective on.

Bio oil. While I've personally not had issues with acne, I've scar tissue from injuries and retired piercings that it is effective on.

second this. it's the other thing my girlfriend suggested/uses, and i think it is available in the US at walmart.

I second the sudocrem! Don’t let the diaper rash thing deter you it’s a great all around healing cream.

I don’t have tons of product recommendations but I do want to stress the importance of sunscreen. Sun damage can make acne scars worse and certain products targeted towards reducing acne scarring can make your skin even more sensitive to sunlight.

Came here to say sunscreen so I'm 2nding Lumi's advice. I scar so easily, every single pimple on my face turns in to a scar no matter what I do and without sunscreen it seems to take them forever to fade. The sunscreen doesn't help fade them directly but it does prevent them from getting any darker at least so it's hugely important for me.

second this. it's the other thing my girlfriend suggested/uses, and i think it is available in the US at walmart.
Thirding this! For me, I used it for two months everyday and it really faded this rope burn scar I have on my arm.

Hi!!

i have suffered with acne and acne scars for years and have only just started to notice an improvement!

some key points I’d give you are:

TIME: give it time - like with acne, your skin needs time to heal. Depending on the type of scar and how deep it is, it may fade quicker than others. Don’t stress over it too much and remember most of us have some scars as we’re all human and get spots! 😊

SPF: spf is so so so important in general, but it really helps with fading acne scars as exposure to sun can actually deepen the appearance of scars by increasing redness. Not only does SPF prevent skin cancer, it can also help with acne scars!

AHA & BHA: I’d recommend you look into this a little beforehand, but if you do decide to go for it I recommend The Ordinary AHA & BHA mask. AHA helps reduce inflammatory acne and BHA helps prevent your pores clogging in the first place - this mask is fab and I’d recommend using it once every 2 weeks until your skin builds up tolerance 😊

RETINOL: absolute magic. Retinol is fantastic for helping acne scars to fade and preventing wrinkles. Retinol helps to speed up cell turnover, however, I’d recommend also reading up on this and not using it in conjunction with the AHA and BHA as it makes your skin quite sensitive. I’d also recommend starting with a really small dose to build up tolerance, and keep in mind you won’t see results until at least 3 months, but usually 6-12! You should also use it with SPF as it can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.

other physical treatments: for deeper scars, there’s not really anything a cream or serum will do to help as it is the skin that is uneven/damaged. I’d recommend either micro needling or a laser treatment if you’re able, micro needling helps cells to regenerate and can even out deep scars. Lasers can also help reduce redness and scars, however they are quite pricey.

hope this helps! ❤️ remember that you are not your acne scars, most people have them and it’s nothing to be ashamed of (and not really anything anybody notices or cares about!)

I agree, I've been using sudocrem for years on bad acne and it works a treat, more than anything it helps reduce the swelling when angry spots appear. I also find back and chest acne the best place to use it as that's where scarring is most likely to occur.

My mom told me that Vitamin E (and I think Vitamin C) are good for lightening scars. I use Vitamin E for scars on my knee and arm and I think it helps. I don't really have acne scars currently though so maybe look into that before trying them!

edit: just wanted to mention (since I saw someone else post about this) that I did use tretinoin for my acne and acne scars in high school and it pretty much got rid of both, but it is prescription only (at least in the US it is) and even with my insurance it was really expensive (100+ dollars).

I'm prescribed EpiDuo Forte and it has worked wonders on my skin. You just need persistence and patience and my skin looks baby smooth finally after 7 months on it

Back