• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

How often do you change your clothing?

Islander

Bells
I'm just wondering if I'm really this crazy when I say I buy an entirely new outfit every day - shirt, bottoms (can swap these two for a dress), shoes, socks, hat glasses - the lot. I then sell my old one but then I don't need the money. I just like trying on new outfits, which is odd as I hate shopping irl.

I'm just wondering if I'm really this crazy when I say I buy an entirely new outfit every day - shirt, bottoms (can swap these two for a dress), shoes, socks, hat glasses - the lot. I then sell my old one but then I don't need the money. I just like trying on new outfits, which is odd as I hate shopping irl.
I like the effort you put in haha
I only change my clothes once I get sick of looking at that outfit or if I have a friend in real life come over to visit my island haha.

Ive been playing the egg day event to get the egg wand and I finished that last week and I’m still wearing all the egg day stuff.

And I am rocking up to peoples island to trade looking like a freak covered in eggs haha

I change my clothing not too often as I like the outfit I currently have too much lol. If i do change my outfit up, I like to choose outfits based on animes I watch or just to experiment with different colors but this doesn't happen too often. If you just like to try on new outfits all the time you should use the machine at able sisters and look up different things with keywords. Its also a good way to save money and time when you're trying to look for a particular shirt/dress/whatever. There are also people on Instagram who dedicate themselves to creating outfits for Animal Crossing that are good to see

Whenever I say to myself, "Eh, I should change my outfit..." which is usually every few days. Oddly, I have a storage FULL of clothes that I figure I'll totally wear eventually... but most I have yet to get around to wearing. Oops. I probably should change more often just to wear more clothes 😅

i get really hung up on a look and i'll keep it on for days at a time - right now i'm obsessed with this checkered coat. my villagers rag on me all the time about wearing the same outfit quite a bit because of it though, and that will push me to find something else in my wardrobe or in the shop that i like c:

I'm starting to create favorites, but not using the wand (yet) that best represent my character. So I'll wear those a lot more.

But still do like changing into crazy outfits when I trade or play with others. I enjoy freaking out people, lol.
Ei0N_u9UYAAg3Om

I'll wear the same outfit for weeks at a time, and change pieces of it if I find something I like at Ables that day or if the season has changed and the clothes don't look right anymore. I have a wand I like and haven't really used yet so I'm thinking of using it to at least change my outfits at night or while I'm doing certain activities like gardening or terraforming. And the only reason I though to do this was because my snooties and peppy have noted multiple times this week that I've been wearing the same clothes for a long time 😅

I change my clothing not too often as I like the outfit I currently have too much lol. If i do change my outfit up, I like to choose outfits based on animes I watch or just to experiment with different colors but this doesn't happen too often. If you just like to try on new outfits all the time you should use the machine at able sisters and look up different things with keywords. Its also a good way to save money and time when you're trying to look for a particular shirt/dress/whatever. There are also people on Instagram who dedicate themselves to creating outfits for Animal Crossing that are good to see

Same here and I only use qr designs, which is kinda a shame because there are some really cute clothes. That’s really cool that you try putting together outfits based on anime 😊; I might consider doing that if there are clothes that go and no qr design (I’d try to make it but designing is not like in HHD or NL and either way my outfits sucked lol).

Here are two pictures of mine; I have been Mihawk lately (One Piece character).

595DA5C7-3F8E-48BF-9B52-3D7958AB719A.jpeg

Mihawk. Looking forward to that yellow eye color. 😊
C732DE21-B6F2-4D4D-B6B4-220D88503C85.jpeg

The Inquisitor
She now wears the outback hat with this design that i had made to go more with the outfit that I based it on from Dragon Age Inquisition; I always hated how the outfits looked in the game but needed some DA outfits in addition to the ones I downloaded.

Same here and I only use qr designs, which is kinda a shame because there are some really cute clothes. That’s really cool that you try putting together outfits based on anime 😊; I might consider doing that if there are clothes that go and no qr design (I’d try to make it but designing is not like in HHD or NL and either way my outfits sucked lol).

Here are two pictures of mine; I have been Mihawk lately (One Piece character).

View attachment 323130
Mihawk. Looking forward to that yellow eye color. 😊
View attachment 323131
The Inquisitor
She now wears the outback hat with this design that i had made to go more with the outfit that I based it on from Dragon Age Inquisition; I always hated how the outfits looked in the game but needed some DA outfits in addition to the ones I downloaded.
Oh you should definitely spend 30 mins just looking up different anime characters. Its really fun to see what people make and its the only way I can get myself to change my outfit XD

I had to look up Mihawk cause I only know a few characters from One Piece (Luffy/Zoro, the show has so many episodes that I never bothered to watch it :() but you should find a qr code for his facial hair to complete the outfit :D. I really like the second outfit (the sword is pretty cool) but I try to stick to guy characters unless the more recognizable anime character is a girl lol

In the beginning of the game, I used to play for months wearing the same striped sweater. I just couldn't find anything in the shop that really spoke to me, so this was my look from March to May (I later did add black pants and glasses, but there's no picture of that):

1601322271323.png

Right now, I have a bigger collection of clothes, mostly picked for their ability to combine into outfits. I like experimenting with creating crazy outfits, and that has increased the amount of clothing changes a lot. Since I don't often carry a wand, I can change outfits several times a day, depending on my mood, the weather (if it rains, different outfit!) and nook miles+ goals. Though for the last reason I may cheat and just put on some clean socks.

Oh you should definitely spend 30 mins just looking up different anime characters. Its really fun to see what people make and its the only way I can get myself to change my outfit XD

I had to look up Mihawk cause I only know a few characters from One Piece (Luffy/Zoro, the show has so many episodes that I never bothered to watch it :() but you should find a qr code for his facial hair to complete the outfit :D. I really like the second outfit (the sword is pretty cool) but I try to stick to guy characters unless the more recognizable anime character is a girl lol

I will consider doing that :).

I tried to find/commission the facial hair but it wasn’t possible to make it work :/. Not a big deal since there was a flashback when he was younger and he had no facial hair lol. I don’t blame you lol; the amount of episodes is very daunting I am actually behind myself on both the manga and anime (I read in the manga where the show is currently though).

Thank you so much! The second outfit I made in NL - the other one doesn’t belong to me (I wish I could make it though lol). It is nowhere as good as the ones I downloaded since I didn’t add shading or texture (that is above my skill lol).

every few days probably... usually when I get a new clothing item I want to use (waiting for all the cute sweaters to show up in ables!!)
I also change it when I get that nook miles ticket task on updating your wardrobe

Since all my villagers fit into a theme and I’ve created a few looks based on the characters I’ve based them on I don’t change outfits very often actually. I have about one wand’s worth of outfits each that I have them switch between from time to time but I rarely stray from those. I also dislike the limitations of being transformed via wands so I often just default to their outfit I have on them when not transformed.

If I was just playing as myself I’d probably change up my look every couple weeks or whenever I happened to feel like it.

I don't change mine very often. Probably because I always have the wet suit on all the time, so that I can go diving with ease. I do have outfits to select from with the wand, and if a holiday/event is happening in the game, I'll usually dress for the occasion. :)

I usually stick to the same outfit, but I like using my wand to quickly switch between other styles. I have it filled, too, so I guess in that case I do change outfits pretty often, haha. However, I try to keep one outfit to each of my other characters. It’s too much effort right now to make them all full wardrobe wand outfits. 😝

Back