• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

How do you use flowers?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Im almost done the main part of my island and I still have so many flowers on my beach to use. The entire left side of beach is un-used flowers. Which I know isabelle loves, but I sure wanna do stuff with them. I mean I could just make a massive field but thats not my style. I mean,

Pretty sure Tokyo Revengers and Akira is not meant to be floral... SP also cant be super floral because tjere arnt tons in the show. However zi did use some white ones to mimic snow. But those two can't be very floral. Other areas, very much covered in flowers.

Ive made four (edit) giant gardens, ive used the white and blue ones to resemble snow or water. Ive done alot of different things with them. Ive used them to make patterns or line them with some other stuff. In other words. Ive used them in every way possible.

I don't want all of these on the beach because they wont grow back (I sometimes run through them by accident) but I dont wanna just place them randomly. I like a reason for why I have them there.

How do you use your flowers? Any ideas on what i could do.

Last edited:
I got rid of most of mine, because they grow faster than the weeds, and are harder to get rid of. - I'm only keeping a handful of flowers here and there...and only in places where they are blocked in by paths and such.

Here are some ways ive used them~
2023011212304600-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
2023011212311900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2023011212324000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
2023011212313800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Here are just a few of the mother load left..
2023011212332500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
2023011212321200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

And that's not even half of them.
Post automatically merged:

I got rid of most of mine, because they grow faster than the weeds, and are harder to get rid of. - I'm only keeping a handful of flowers here and there...and only in places where they are blocked in by paths and such.
I would, im tempted too. Im just kinda holding on because ive bred some, and was given alot of them by a friend on here. So im hesitant.

Last edited:

This is how I feel. Right now most of them are on the beach because I want to use them, but once I decorate an area I put down loads of clear custom designs on empty grass so that they won't spread. And I took off the Beautiful Ordinance ages ago because that was too much, and since they don't wilt anyway I didn't see a point.

Here are some ways ive used them~

I love how you used them! The color combinations are very nice. I totally get having a themed island and trying to make every aspect of it fit to the theme, but I wouldn't think too much into it if I were you. The abundance of blue flowers looks great and where you have other colors fits nicely, too. I think if you had more objects and trees it could fill out everything for you and take less emphasis off of the flowers.

This is how I feel. Right now most of them are on the beach because I want to use them, but once I decorate an area I put down loads of clear custom designs on empty grass so that they won't spread. And I took off the Beautiful Ordinance ages ago because that was too much, and since they don't wilt anyway I didn't see a point.

I love how you used them! The color combinations are very nice. I totally get having a themed island and trying to make every aspect of it fit to the theme, but I wouldn't think too much into it if I were you. The abundance of blue flowers looks great and where you have other colors fits nicely, too. I think if you had more objects and trees it could fill out everything for you and take less emphasis off of the flowers.
Thank you, I worked hard on those ^^ No, the whole point of my island is to not have a theme and show case different things, and ways. Basically what ever comes i mind I do Though yeah, some areas are a little nit picky, ill probably add white flowers or like one or two to Sp. Those are just a few of the areas. Its just turned into a mass fandom island so far lol. Many more then just those. Those are just some of my favorites.

Yeah, Im gonna defently add in more trees. I do prefer trees to flowers in some cases. But isabelle has a flower addiction lol. I do have them in other areas. Lots to be done, and I love decorating with objects. Probably enjoying unilizing objects into areas the most. So yeah, trying to utilize the flowers revolving around objects the most. Like to hide things, or cover up lower parts for say a simple pannel. My market has many bushes and flowers just covering up the bottom of simple panels. Just thought id show case a few of the bigger ones and not the ones that are say around shops or such.
Post automatically merged:

For some areas that arnt meant to have flowers I might try to fit a few in. Because mimicing snow and water with flowers can be quite pretty. So ill pull a few strings. Just as long as they aren't randomly placed, or look like I just threw them down for no other reason. Thats what im doing my best to avoid

Last edited:
Thank you, I worked hard on those ^^ No, the whole point of my island is to not have a theme and show case different things, and ways. Basically what ever comes i mind I do Though yeah, some areas are a little nit picky, ill probably add white flowers or like one or two to Sp. Those are just a few of the areas. Its just turned into a mass fandom island so far lol. Many more then just those. Those are just some of my favorites.

Ohhh okay, I see now - I'm not familiar with the fandoms that you mentioned in the first post so I thought that it was all the same thing. I can relate to being more nitpicky with specific areas. It gets so difficult when you think you know what colors you want to use and then one breed of flower just doesn't fit in - imo so many of the flowers' stems stick out with how saturated/off-green they are. If they were just toned down slightly it would all fit in so much better!

I just don't use many flowers. Right now I am letting them grow everywhere because I am at the beginning of a new file. But once I get far enough along, I just keep a few in small enclosed areas near houses or fences in the colors I want. I am glad they don't die though. I just wish they didn't grow outside of the dirt paving.. which we have two kinds of, or if we had dedicated flower beds we could craft that they would stay in.

If I have the same type of flowers in 1 area, it's usually because I'm outlining things with them and hoping to use the color to accent something or give a certain feel.

In my Wizard of Oz section, I use all gold roses to line the rainbow pattern in the hope of giving a magical look, and also so the gold flower coloring links with the yellow brick road design, so it's clearer that the rainbow/tornado/etc. are still part of the scene. The Rainbow looked disconnected on it's own.
334428612_709402827414572_4583122157840349593_n.jpg

I accentuate the shape of my heart shaped pool with black roses, and hopefully give it a darker feel.
334250318_728576171969742_3444229672345130622_n.jpg

My Sleeping Beauty area is lined with red roses. Sleeping Beauty's castle was supposed to be protected by a rose thorn barrier, and I feel like the black and red colors give some drama to things.
334286001_879679619927858_3211097762277221739_n.jpg

Everywhere else, I use them for a pop of different color and texture to keep things from getting too plain. I'll usually do that in small patches, especially in areas where I don't really have room to do something more complex. Each patch will have 1 of each color in it, but never 2 of the same flower, and no patch will have the same species/color grouping as any other patches on my island. At one time I did the same thing lining all the cliffs and resident services, too.
334045922_962592678020816_7832219537957323237_n.jpg

I have a little picnic area/butterfly garden with 1 each of the hybrids I've grown. I get butterfly statues from Flick to put there.
334125028_980062342963919_2696006319123430565_n.jpg

I use them for breeding. I'm on a quest for the elusive Blue Rose at the moment, and I have a hybrid pink and a non hybrid yellow from someone else's island to breed. This is 1/2 of the Elusive Rose Quest (I named it), the other roses being Gold Roses, which I have.

I have a flower garden around Residential service that has a pattern of the variety/color from each end and a fountain in the middle. I tried to recreate it from what I did on my NL town and it might actually look better.

I either use them as minor decorations (like sporadically around trees and other natural areas), or in a villager's flowerbed. I also tend to stick to one or two colors of flowers, since that's how I tend to color my town too.

Hahaha, I'm in the same position now while re-decorating my town. The beaches are flooded with flowers that I'm not sure will ever be used... but it's so hard to will myself to get rid of anything. Sigh.

I use flowers liberally as decorative accents around town. I stick to a warm color scheme with the flowers I like (hyacinths, pansies, mums), but I occasionally throw in some purple, blue, and green flowers for contrast. They can make things look more lively and natural while being as subtle or flamboyant as you like.

To keep the flowers from spreading unnecessarily, I place transparent tiles around each flower. Boom, the pesky little guys stay in their places.

1678572716183.png

1678572784186.png

Other plans:
  • I'm planning on creating a village flower garden that houses at least one of every single flower in the game.
  • I give some of my villagers flowerbeds if they give me gardener vibes. Or even if they don't. I'm the captain of this town.
  • I cultivate blue roses so I can harvest them to build blue rose crowns/wreaths and sell those for major money!
But also, if you're not vibing with your flowers, they definitely don't have to go in your village. You can always buy them back if you change your mind. Only use them if they make sense with your village vision, and if they make you happy!

I have mini flower beds next to each of my villager's houses that I think matches their colors. (Example: Fuchsia has pink tulips, Apollo has black roses, etc.) I also have some flower beds that look like the bisexual and non-binary flags. ^^
There's also some blue roses I have at my entrace, along with some extra ones I harvest to craft blue rose wreaths. But other than that, I don't really decorate heavily with flowers, but I have enough for my island rating requirements.

I never used flowers. They spread like a wildfire and they were a pain to get rid of. My island was based on a desert, too, so flowers wouldn’t make much sense anyway. I was fine without them.

I only use them to line my pathways or clump them together in threes around a tree (terrible idea for harvesting wood, but still cute). I don't have flower patches anymore because I don't have any space for that. I also throw some on my beaches and pluck some so they look good with the weeds.

I place them around randomly depending on the area I’m decorating.
2A9ABDC6-343B-4A87-AB41-6AE8632B5823.jpeg

This is an area on my island for example. Really no set way of placing them, just have them in random areas to space them out, which I like better than put together.
I usually put a design or weeds around the flowers so they don’t spread all over. It’s worked for me thus far.

Back