How do you make your bells?

Leoniex

Hi!
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
1654-3267-7312
I was wondering how other acnl players make their money ^^ I catch bugs and sharks/napoleonfish on the island and I sell the fossils I already have in my museum

I sell the bugs, fish and fossils I've already donated to the museum. I also sell pretty much everything my villagers give me. I always sell ore, except for gold. When I have 3 gold nuggets, I have furniture made and then I sell that. I rarely sell fruit.

My main source of income is really fishing. I usually ocean fish in my town. Maybe once a week I do a few trips on a day to the island and fish and catch bugs. I sell pretty much everything I can reorder. I search for the bell rock every day. All my fossils get identified and then sold.

- bugs/fish from the island
- fossils
- money stones when I feel like hitting them

Use to be Turnips, but after a while that got too time consuming for me. Checking prices twice a day and logging them into the Stalk Market wizard + when you have a bad week you pretty much have to search out a person who has high prices or lose out on possibly millions of bells. You can make a lot with turnips, but you have to be dedicated!

Nowadays, I make most of my bells by bug hunting on the island.

Selling TBT is how I do it. 100TBT = 20 million in game bells. I just started a new town, so I'll be selling all my tbt again soon for 60 million igb.

Bug hunting on the island is a huge profit. I stopped bothering with fossils, fishing, money rocks etc after I realized how much those beetles are worth XD

Selling TBT, fishing, bug-hunting, and money rocks, mostly. I'll be getting into the stalk market again when I'm not constantly time-traveling, too.

When I first started out, I would fish at the island for bells. Later, I was able to make a pretty penny off of Streetpass items. When I started a new town, I had to spend almost all of my bells trying to re-upgrade my mayor's house, and by the time I got to my second character, I was broke. I sold TBT for bells last week and made 15M that way. It's a lot easier, although probably not something I'd do too often just because I'm the type of person who gets bored if I don't have to work hard for my money in game.

On a day-to-day basis, I just sell fossils, ores, and unwanted items that villagers give me. If I need some extra cash, I'll catch beetles on the island.

Now I just sell the wildlife to Retail once I already have it in my museum because I'm not in need of money. But how I made the bulk of my bells at one point was buying turnips and filling the entire lockers of my side characters with them and then selling them in a town that has a turnip spike. I made several million bells doing that consistently. That plus being really patient and fishing sharks and catching high value beetles from the island for hours at a time hahaha. I would cast everything back into the ocean except the sharks. And the only beetles I would keep in my pockets / the island storage were cyclommatus, giant stag, golden stag, goliath, horned atlas, horned elephant, and horned hercules. Can make hundreds of thousands per island run if you're choosy about what you bring back and stay patient.

Last edited:
Yeah, I used to use the island everyday to make some bells for my town stores/public work projects and house upgrades, the best times for me were 7:30pm-8:30pm I found that it spawned pretty fast and I could go twice and it only took an hour, 30 minutes per run. I also sold furniture given by my villagers from doing their tasks/requests in the retail store at a higher price. I sold fossils used the TBT forums for exchange IGB, but yeah those days gathering bells were fun

I go to the island about every day after 7 and catch the good bugs and fish. It takes me a while to fill up my box because I'm pretty picky about getting golden stags.

The island and perfect fruit at premium when I started. I now have a spare town and can buy/sell turnips on the same day.
Made 40 million selling turnips and 22 million selling to lockers full of perfect peaches at premium this week.

I mainly use the beetle harvest and shark fishing. I've been getting into turnips more lately, but like Bobble said, it is time consuming.

My usual source of income is through farming beetles on the island. I really like catching bugs so it feels like less of a job/chore this way. Plus, the palm tree beetles give me a lot of money. 1M bells every two trips.

Selling perfect fruit is the easiest. Turnips are a bit risky and time consuming, while bug harvesting gets really boring after a while.

I sell bugs and things of the like usually.
Butni do trade tbr for igb

Back