• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

how do you feel about kids?

Kids could be cute, but I despise them if they're spoiled. This is one of the reasons why I don't want children is because of that.

I like some kids. My baby cousin is so sweet, clever, and almost never cries.

Oh, and there was this little girl in the bathroom at a restaurant I went to. I saw her behind me waiting to use the sink, so when I was done I just left it on for her. She said, "Thank you very much for leaving the sink on," and then I warned her that it may be hot, and to be careful. Then she thanked me again in the most polite little voice. Well-mannered kids can make my entire day!

Other than that, parents who don't control or discipline their kids frustrate me.

kids are so cute, but i don't think i'll have any. my partner and i are both pretty mentally ill, so we're kinda scared of unintentionally messing them up.

but there are sooo many cute kids in our neighbourhood! where i live there are lots of apartment buildings and lots of parks, so they are always playing!

where i live has a predominantly asian population, and they are always so well-behaved! and they always have such cute outfits hehe. but our local shopping centre has a huge ikea, so we always get lots of "tourists" on weekends, and it's crazy the difference in their behaviour! i find anglo kids are usually a lot more bratty and loud - i think a lot of parents can be pushovers and let kids get their way all the time, which means they are sooo spoilt.
i hope this doesn't sound racist or anything btw! :(

I love kids. I mean, I prefer dogs generally ;) but I work with kids on a daily basis and have done for several years now. It wasn't my first choice of job, I just kind of fell into it and as I enjoyed it I continued with it.
There have been very few kids I've met who I couldn't find something about them which I liked. I work with very challenging children so I have a lot of patience for kids who are just being 'bratty' with no cause or reason.
It's more parents I have a problem with. Some seem to believe that because their child is the center of their universe that everybody else should feel the same about them. It doesn't help the child to have parents like that. Not the kids fault at the end of the day

I haven't seen kids in so long so I hardly remember but Arab kids are the WORST one time one of them was throwing bread at my brother and then spilled soda on him on a plane and his dad was 100% ok with it then I knew this one who was obsessed with naruto and it really wasn't a healthy amount of obsession, he would always ****in hijack TVs and change the show like ??? They're more spoiled than average because their parents use them to show off their wealth + lie about their intelligience and grades to others so it gives them a false sense of superiority and they become *******s OwO

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also they're HEAVILY coddled for just about anything. The only exception is when you get the parents that beat you for bad grades. But lately that hasn't been too common

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lit the kid will set a house on fire and the parents would b like habibi...have some hummus it's so ok <3 then pinch its cheeks t makes me GAG

i love kids if they're other people's kids. the thought of having to raise a kid terrifies me because of the physical, emotional, psychological, and economical costs..

don't like babies, too many bad experiences and just annoying overall, and some toddlers, such as bratty ones, or kids that are bratty makes me hate kids. technically i'm still a kid, but i hate myself too gosh darnit

It depends on the parents. Kids aren't innately one way or another, but with poor parenting they can be obnoxious. But it really depends. They are just like adults in diversity. I don't like noisy people, so I don't like noisy children.

I don't dislike kids or anything, I'm one of the oldest in my family (generation) so I grew up around my younger siblings and cousins. I don't have anything against anyone just based on their age, especially young children. I don't mind them at all, however, I would not have children myself, for a few reasons, i'd much much rather look after animals.

Kinda neutral about it
I don't like kids a lot but kids love me for some reason??
They're really cute though when they're in like preschool and don't scream or cry every second o:
But I never want any and I'd rather be miserable and lonely forever then have any at all

i dont like them, theyre always noisy and interrupting my afternoon nap

I'm not a fan of kids under 8 years old. Wouldn't want any of my own but I probably would adopt one out of their baby/toddler years.

It really depends. Some kids can be pretty cool. I sat next to a 9 year old on a plane and we talked about animal crossing for a good hour. I was honestly pretty impressed he was really intelligent for his age.

I have a love hate relationship with kids. The ones that are bratty, spoiled, cry or complain alot, and annoy you are not my cup of tea. BUT luckily not every kid is the same, and I have actually met alot of really cool kids. I like to see their take on the world and different topics, and how they react and handle things. I actually find it very interesting. And I also like to ask them real life questions that I would normally ask a teen or an adult (obviously to an extent) but it's interesting to see different answers for different kids. I grew up with 3 sisters and I have 18 first cousins ranging from age 4 to 27! (with more on the way yay!)

It depends on how they act. The calm ones who are like shy, quiet, and respectful to other people, they are the ones I like. The ones always crying and making a fuss about everything, please don't come near me. They're cuter when they're your own

I really LOVE kids! They have the tastiest meat I've ever eaten! :D
Nah, but seriously: I like kids, even one of my hobbies is working with them. They are funny and the most important thing about this hobby (Scout leader) is, that you are developing them, teaching them new stuff they'll use in their future lives. You're like parent, or teacher. You have serious impact on their future life and that's what I really like. When the kid says: "But Jebedeah told me that I have to do it like that, so I'm doing it like that", that really warms my heart :)

Last edited:
Back