• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How do you cope with being alone?

i enjoy being alone for most of the time because honestly people are draining but when i dont like being alone ill sleep.. cry or something

Play video games and use my laptop, I guess? It rarely happens because I always have someone to go back to or wait at home at the end of the day. I rarely hang out with friends/other people though and that's my personal decision.

I usually try to do whatever I can to make it feel like I'm not alone. I collect stuffed animals, I watch podcasts or any shows that have a lot of fun people talking, and I make small online interactions like this one.

There's always the internet to distract me. When I'm spending a lot of time on the internet I suddenly can't remember that I was feeling lonely in the first place (and sometimes when I encounter ill-behaved people I feel less bad about being alone)!

There's a difference between being alone and being lonely. I actually need to be alone, because I get burnt out from too much interaction. Family and friends don't understand, but I'm actually happiest at home with no one but my cats for company. I have stacks of books, hobbies (I knit, do counted cross-stitch, color), and movies to keep me occupied. Oh, and housework.

Being lonely can happen anywhere, even in a crowd. That's a little tougher, and maybe you need to touch base with someone, in person or online, or it might mean you're actually burnt out and need to recharge. I know that when I get feeling that way, especially if I'm with others, it's a sign that I need to get by myself for a while and do what makes me happy.

I think we get so conditioned to believing that we have to be with others all the time, some people aren't able to keep themselves entertained when they are alone. Check out your local community center, library, or school. You're sure to find classes in things that interest you. Or head over to the local nursing home and see if you can volunteer to visit with some of the patients. You might find some wonderful friends.

If I didn’t have the chance to do what I want or talk with people, I would end myself.

I actually enjoy my time alone now, but before, not so much. I had the hardest time trying to cope with being alone. But, I treated that time as self care time... Tricked myself into doing things for myself like a nice face mask, and lighting a candle.

Video games or music. Or I text someone to meet with them. Or just talk to them in general. Or go to the gym even if I already went there before the same day

i surround myself in various interests, it's hard for me to get close with or socialize with people so it's easier being alone for me

two sides to the coin:
1. i don't. i wallow in my pit of misery and i complain and overthink about why everyone in the world seems to hate me. anxiety is hard to solve alone, and since it's become such an ingrained part of my entire thinking process, i numb it by playing video games; if i'm alone, so be it; i'll play god of war. if people are on, i'll hop into their voice channels and talk and play with people i know. some people are going to hate me, and i'm dealing with that slowly. so tldr; i don't deal with it, i just try and accept it.
2. i don't care, i like being alone anyways. i hate trying my hardest to look pretty, or having to go outside, then having to take a shower when i get back, or having to pretend to be cheerful and happy and presentable. it's all tiring to me, and i would much rather be holed up in my house playing video games, then you go back to phase one.

it's really all about acceptance if you ARE lonely. but then again there's the saying, alone but not lonely. i may sometimes be alone, but i don't need company at all times, just the times i need company the most.

Apparently society has devolved into a piece of trash over time, so why bother. Only thing keeping me in line is my parents, and even then they will not be around for much longer. Cannot wait to get revenge on certain people.

I like being alone lol, so it almost never bother me
after I've moved to couple of schools when I was younger & i had to abandon my best friends, I isolated myself completely from people.
my motto is friends come & go lmao so that's why I basically have no friends in real life
also me & My sister are pretty close, she's basically my best friend & that's all I need tbh

Hmmmm...I don't.

Eating, listening to music and texting is all I do when I'm alone. It would be nice to have a friend at all times but that can't be a reality for me.

Apparently society has devolved into a piece of trash over time, so why bother. Only thing keeping me in line is my parents, and even then they will not be around for much longer. Cannot wait to get revenge on certain people.

man, i have to ask, since this message ix a bit worrying/threatening...by revenge you dont mean like murder right?

i'm pretty good at being alone.. in fact i prefer it!
it helps to keep yourself busy.

man, i have to ask, since this message ix a bit worrying/threatening...by revenge you dont mean like murder right?

No, nothing like that. Just pranks here and there to show people that I mean business/make them laugh. Honestly, I wouldn’t really ever consider going that far unless I were in the military and it was my job to do so.

Once you accept it, it's not so bad. I found that writing, drawing and being creative helps because you create the world you wish you were in. I stopped trying to make real friends in real life because most of them never end up talking to me back. If they did, it was only for a favor as they prefer to be with their other friends isntead of me.

Here and there it still bothers me. I am very intervorted, but I think everyone wants to feel welcome and valued in some group at some point.

Last edited:
I enjoy being alone. It's a normal state of being for me.

Back