• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

How Did you Originally Come Across the Animal Crossing Series?

At my next door neighbors house! She had it for GameCube and I loved going over and watching her play. She eventually let me make my own character that lived in her town. I remember making my own sign for my door and sending each other letters and presents. Ugh gosh, that started my love for the game.

Bought a fat DS for $20 at a garage sale and animal crossing came with it.

My siblings with the gamecube version, I made my own character. And then social media friends kept raving about NL a few years back.

Bought a fat DS for $20 at a garage sale and animal crossing came with it.

Wot. So there was town and progress and all?

I got into the animal crossing series after the launch of pocket camp! I downloaded it right as soon as it was available, and then I decided to actually "play" my old copy of new leaf after letting it get dusty for so long.

Somehow my siblings and I obtained two copies of wild world, I don?t remember where they came from but I liked catching bugs and fish for the museum and pulling weeds, when I saw new leaf it reminded me of wild world and since it has good ratings I decided ?why not? and here I am ~3/4 years later loving it can?t wait for a new one to (hopefully) come out on switch

My first exposure to Animal Crossing was with the TV commercials that ran around the launch of the GCN installment, alongside with Nintendo Power covering the game on a monthly basis. They made me aware that such innovative franchise exists, thus ending up buying said game as soon as I saw it on October 2003.

But what pushed me to love the series even further had to do with Wild World, especially with its multiplayer functionality. Again, with Nintendo Power magazines covering it extensively enough, I was going to ask it for Christmas 2005, but then Mario Kart DS and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time took my attention effortlessly.
I had to wait until my next birthday to get my hands on the game, and boy did it get me hooked!

I saw it at a video game rental store and thought it seemed like a fun game! I managed to rent it so much, the cashier got sick of me. After I spent over $40 renting the game, he just gave it to me. I have been addicted to the games ever since!

My parents bought me the GameCube game when I was about 6-7 years old. I couldn't have picked a better game for them to get me. I love it and still do to this day, can't say that about too many new games created now-a-days. It hooked me on an entire franchise and I get to call myself an Animal Crossing veteran lol.

Back in 2007 my Dad got a Nintendo DS for my sister and me. A friend of him made a cartridge for us with tons of games on it and one of them was Animal Crossing Wild World and I've been in love ever since.

My first Animal Crossing game was for the Gamecube! My dad saw a commercial for the game, and rented it for me at a video rental store. I was immediately addicted to the game. I loved the freedom of being able to design our house, and be whoever we desired without the fear of judgement! The villagers gave me a reason to be happy. I would talk to the villagers, and they would always have something to say. It felt great to have a connection with these villagers, even though they were characters on a video game. I loved how they treated me like one of their friends. I even rented the game so much, the man who worked at the video rental store gave me the game for free!

I wanted new games for my 3ds so I looked up acnl. I watched its videos on youtube and read its reviews, looking at all the people obsessed with it made me to buy the game aaand now I'm addicted too! :p

I bought Population Growing with money I got for Christmas. :blush:

Last edited:
I think I found out about animal crossing when I was looking through a catalogue but when I actually got into it, it is a different story. When I was looking through the catalogue, I thought the artwork was really cute so I really wanted it spoiler i didn’t get it until years later lol but then eventually my sister wanted to go to a video game store to look for a new game. She originally wanted to buy harvest moon but we come across ACWW instead, and she gets hooked on it. Soon after I do too, and then I got my own copy.

Last edited:
I found out about Animal Crossing when I was in Block Buster as a lil kid, I remember seeing city folk on one of the shelves by the counter and being really interested in it just because of the cute lil human characters on the front of the cover and also just the name, but never actually being able to get it until years later when I was 15. I played that game for months until our wii broke. Then I met my friend and she had ACNL, she would tell me what was going on on the game and it made me really want to get it. I got my 3DS back in june of this year and I've been playing it ever since, I've done a lot on this game, I've honestly gotten more done than she did. I also managed to get her back into it so she's been playing with me.

Last edited:
ACWW was on my R4, so I tried it as every other game but didn't play it much.
But when I got my Wii my mom actually bought me City Folk and DAMN, I played ALL THE TIME.
I just loved this game sooooo much, and still do.

Back