Blue Mote of Flame
Purple Feather
Pink Feather
Blue Feather
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
Trophy
<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width="250" height="250" data='http://www.youtube.com/v/-jrh8VVwMI4'>
<param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='never' />
<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />
<param name='movie' value='http://www.youtube.com/v/-jrh8VVwMI4' /><param name='play' value='true' />
<param name='loop' value='true' /><param name='quality' value='high' /></object>

Epic video is epic.

I subscribed. This man talks about his beliefs and is not scared to disagree.

Olivia! said:
Indeed, it's a refreshing change. And unlike a lot of people, he has some REALLY good arguments.

Jas0n said:
Olivia! said:
Indeed, it's a refreshing change. And unlike a lot of people, he has some REALLY good arguments.
And he's eager to do it. Does he have a blog?

this is a very difficult topic to talk about, especially if someone else is using religion to backup their beliefs,i don't think you can get very far with someone who refuses to think about your opinion. luckily,our generation has evolved more than that and it's starting to become less of a problem.I think this person made a few comments that really proved his point.

Mino said:
Psychonaut said:
why did the dude rock back and forth constantly?
Nervous reflex relating to being on camera?
made/makes the most since, since the video was edited/had spliced together scenes a least 100 times

on-topic, would've/could've been worlds better if he had written all of it down, and if he felt like doing so, add links to evidence of what he said. but then again, youtube > written media on the interbutts

also, *edit*
I'm not homophobic (I think :/), but faggy homosexual people annoy the *censored.2.0* out of me. the whiny ones with that high pitched voice. if they're cool people (I have/had one cool gay friend, only because he's able to think, though he is probably the most flaming homosexual I know, lol) then they're cool people. but if they're homosexual and use that as an excuse as to why I dislike them, that's bs. straight guys can be just as faggy, if not more faggy than homosexuals. 4 srsly.

or some such like that.

I'm fairly certain he did write it down, this clearly was prepared. I'm not sure what sort of evidence he would've cited, though. Most of his arguments were based on logic and reasoning.

Mino said:
I'm fairly certain he did write it down, this clearly was prepared. I'm not sure what sort of evidence he would've cited, though. Most of his arguments were based on logic and reasoning.
he looked off to the corners a few times, if that counts.

would've just cited people having certain generalizations of homosexual people, such as religious nuts' stance on them.

a lot of it was just pure reasoning, yes. still, written would've been a bit more understandable, but I doubt many would read it/have the patience to read through it all. or something like that.

Mino said:
I'm fairly certain he did right it down, this clearly was prepared. I'm not sure what sort of evidence he would've cited, though. Most of his arguments were based on logic and reasoning.
Well proposed argument, however, I still don't like the fact that he only seemed to be targeting Christians in that fault, whilst there are other religions that treat homosexuality worse than Christians do.

Psychonaut said:
Mino said:
Lol.

Yeah but all of these unnatural conveniences are destroying nature.

watnow

And also how can you hate homosexuality if you believe God made someone to be like that?

If you believe in God you believe that he made people with their ideas and personalities, all sin and skills.

But I guess I could go with homosexuality being unnatural since it doesn't produce children and I read somewhere about why men and women like certain features; and it was all about because of heightening the chance of growing a child.

But there really isn't anything immoral about it.

Bacon Boy said:
Mino said:
I'm fairly certain he did right it down, this clearly was prepared. I'm not sure what sort of evidence he would've cited, though. Most of his arguments were based on logic and reasoning.
Well proposed argument, however, I still don't like the fact that he only seemed to be targeting Christians in that fault, whilst there are other religions that treat homosexuality worse than Christians do.
your persecution complex is just on fire today, isn't it?

Numner said:
Yeah but all of these unnatural conveniences are destroying nature.

watnow

And also how can you hate homosexuality if you believe God made someone to be like that?

If you believe in God you believe that he made people with their ideas and personalities, all sin and skills.

But I guess I could go with homosexuality being unnatural since it doesn't produce children and I read somewhere about why men and women like certain features; and it was all about because of heightening the chance of growing a child.

But there really isn't anything immoral about it.
He didn't make them with sin, it entered when the entered the world, but that's another topic. And it's true, that if you truly are a Christian, you believe that God made everyone the way he wanted to.

Psychonaut: What?

Bacon Boy said:
Mino said:
He's talking about the argument "homosexuality is unnatural". He says it's made by "Christians, conservatives, and conservative Christians." He's targeting the argument, which is indeed made by those groups.

As for other religions, the same arguments put forward by Christians (and others in religions based in Christianity, Mormonism comes to mind) are also put forward by Muslims. In fact, the Abrahamic religions are the only major religions that seem to have a problem with homosexuals, and outside of the Orthodox sect you'll be hard-pressed to find an anti-gay Jew. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by saying that Christians don't treat homosexuals as badly as other religions, as that does absolutely nothing to excuse the way that they do treat them. You'd also do well to look up some of the laws, made by Christians and passed in the spirit of Christianity, in sub-Saharan Africa regarding homosexuality, especially Uganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back