• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

HOLYMOTHEROF-

Gemstones

Mayor Ame
Bells
Cherry (Fruit)
So I needed to catch a tarantula (AUGH) for my encyclopaedia as well as the museum, ew ew, anyways, now that it's June I've spent a few nights just pacing slowly around my town, looking for the thing, hadn't seen it once yet. Well I hadn't even started searching when just now I save and continued and while it was saving I went to check on my baby, (she's asleep) when I came back I see the giant black tarantula RIGHT AT MY CHARACTER'S FEET, crawling around. I got over my shock and panic-breathed a moment or two, then as it moved in front of my character, facing away, I quickly equipped my net, one step forward, and caught it.

I can't believe it. I am awful at catching butterflies!!! (I know to aim for shadow I just am too slow and flail my net around stupidly before success most times) I thought for sure I was going to be bitten a bunch of times and possibly never successfully catch it, but it's done, I got it :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Pointless post? My heart is still beating fast (LOL) had to share my story!! I never in a million years thought it would ever be that easy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

For a few fast eye-blinks I watched it crawl on one of my character's feet. (shudder) I seriously thought it would bite. Thank goodness I didn't have the net equipped when I set it to save. :')

wow I had trouble breathing through some of that story, congrats on catching one!

This also sort if happened to me when i first saw a tarantula, i wasnt really paying attention to the game and then BAM

I forgot this is the time they come out more often >.< I saw one and ran away just because I forgot how big they are - and ended up running right into a second one >.< but congrats on catching it!

They scare my wife and I still at times. Animal Crossing is just such a chill game that I think the harshness of them (plus they come when you're least expecting it) always gives me a jolt.

Back