• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

HOLYMOTHEROF-

Gemstones

Mayor Ame
Bells
Cherry (Fruit)
So I needed to catch a tarantula (AUGH) for my encyclopaedia as well as the museum, ew ew, anyways, now that it's June I've spent a few nights just pacing slowly around my town, looking for the thing, hadn't seen it once yet. Well I hadn't even started searching when just now I save and continued and while it was saving I went to check on my baby, (she's asleep) when I came back I see the giant black tarantula RIGHT AT MY CHARACTER'S FEET, crawling around. I got over my shock and panic-breathed a moment or two, then as it moved in front of my character, facing away, I quickly equipped my net, one step forward, and caught it.

I can't believe it. I am awful at catching butterflies!!! (I know to aim for shadow I just am too slow and flail my net around stupidly before success most times) I thought for sure I was going to be bitten a bunch of times and possibly never successfully catch it, but it's done, I got it :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Pointless post? My heart is still beating fast (LOL) had to share my story!! I never in a million years thought it would ever be that easy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

For a few fast eye-blinks I watched it crawl on one of my character's feet. (shudder) I seriously thought it would bite. Thank goodness I didn't have the net equipped when I set it to save. :')

wow. u. are. lucky

xD thx for sharing your story, made my night lol

wow I had trouble breathing through some of that story, congrats on catching one!

This also sort if happened to me when i first saw a tarantula, i wasnt really paying attention to the game and then BAM

I forgot this is the time they come out more often >.< I saw one and ran away just because I forgot how big they are - and ended up running right into a second one >.< but congrats on catching it!

They scare my wife and I still at times. Animal Crossing is just such a chill game that I think the harshness of them (plus they come when you're least expecting it) always gives me a jolt.

Back