• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

have you ever said no to a pwp ceremony?

When I first starting playing ACNL I attended every ceremony, but now after 2 years of gameplay I rarely attend the ceremonies in any of my towns.

I am afraid to say no... it would make me look like a tool :)

I went for the first few times then after that I declined all of them, it just kind of got boring and a little bit time consuming.

I only say yes if I haven't gotten a ping yet from a villager that day. Usually right after the ceremony I'll get a ping, sometimes for a new PWP request. If I've already gotten a ping in the past 10 minutes, I just say no to the ceremony.

Yes, sometimes I'm in such a rush that I really don't want to sit through a ceremony. I always feel bad saying no though. :(

I've gone to a lot of them so now, since I've been making a bunch of PWPs lately, I've declined all of them.
Brings back a little nostalgia, though.

On my main town I always say yes and take a picture ^^ on cycling and second town, nah.

I've said no before, I hardly ever say no though because Isabelle makes me feel bad about it LOL but I only say no when i've got a lot of things to do in-game. c:

Last edited:
I've attended every one so far, but I always choose the 'Onto the next project' speech as I usually save up for them beforehand and pay everything myself! On the rare occasion I take a couple of days though I give the rest of the town a little credit ;)

I always attend pwp ceremonies for the much more bigger projects like the renovation for the town hall etc. But if it is something small like a park bench, I don't attend them.

I used to attend every one but recently I've been doing major town renovations and I don't feel the need to throw a celebration over every street lamp or bench I put down.

Yeah, I've said no a bunch of times. I usually don't have time/feel like going to the ceremony. I like to go into my office, get what I need done, and leave.

this. I feel bad, but I just dont feel like going to them!

Usually no, because the only time I go to the town hall is to put up a PWP, and I usually can't be arsed to walk half way across my town back after the ceremony, to request it! The only ones I go to are the permanent ones, really!

Lol. I always say no in my main town because I'm always in a really busybody sort of mood and just want to get my work done. I'm planning on starting a town on January 1st though, and I'm planning on savoring that town and really relishing in the game play instead of getting a perfect town, so that'll mean saying yes and going to all of the ceremonies.

Last edited:
I usually say no, since I am mostly likely trying to build a new one and don't want to have to walk all the way back to town hall and go through the dialogue over again after a ceremony.

Edit: Plus who really cares about a street lamp or a bench? Seriously...

Last edited:
I said no a few times and felt really bad when Isabelle looked sad, so I always go along with them. Sometimes it's worth getting a few cute pictures, especially with older villagers that have since left.

I go to every single one. Every. Single. Gosh. Darn. One.

You never know what's gonna happen..or if someone will shortly recommend a new project.

Happy town. Happy mayor!

Back