• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Have you ever been on TV?

Kamzitty

nintendo trash
Bells
Light Blue Balloon
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Have you ever been on TV before? Examples such as being interviewed for the news, having a role in a movie or TV series, or even a quick glimpse of you in the background at a live event?? If not, do you know anyone who has?

I've never been on live television, but several years ago I did play a role in a short film that my parents' friends created for elementary school students. I played a child who was approached by a kidnapper and acted out different scenarios, demonstrating how to react in this situation. It was really cheesy but fun. Sometimes I wonder how many classes got to see it!

I participated in a film project of my hometown when I was a kid (12 or so I think).
There was a news story about it in national television where they filmed and interviewed us.
The film is still shown at city festivals and such I think.

Many years ago the band I was in played on a local morning news program.They stuck us in a large empty room and we mimed to a recording of the music but the vocals were live.The hosts of the show were very nice and complimented us.I think they expected us to play some kind of thrash metal but our stuff was mainly Beatlesque power pop which seemed to pleasantly surprise them.

Yeah I've been in the background and stuff when they filmed at our school once I think, and at some random tv show I was in the audience. And my grandma and mom claim they saw me in the background when it was some clip about jeans fashion but I've never seen said clip so idk lol.

nope, not even once in any capacity. i'm pretty much a shut-in outside of going to school, the dentist, and my psychiatrist so that decreases my chances by a ton.

technically yes? my elementary school did this stupid thing where the whole school had to sing a few songs in the school gym and they recorded it and played it on one of those crappy local channels that nobody ever watches.

Heh, many years ago, while I was looking out the window, I noticed that there was a news van and facing to the apartment I used to live in. At the same time, the channel of that news station was on at my T.V.. It was going live from that location and the apartment was in the shot, so I asked my mom to watch the background while I was by the window making movement. After that, my mom said that she only saw a small shadow of me. So yes, I've technically been on T.V. before. :D

I was an extra for a Civil War film that made it into Sundance, but was never given credit. I only know it landed a spot and won awards because years later I decided to Google it and found out it had an IMDB listing and had listings for actors, awards, ect.

I helped them out a lot to, so while I'm not really angry, I do laugh at how underhanded it is. One of the awards they won was for best costumes. Which is lame because as a civil war reenactor, I literally brought all of my own gear and my uniform. So the only reason they won best costume was because we brought the authenticity.

I never did get to see the film or if any of my scenes were kept. I helped them for a full day and even traveled a state away. Didn't get anything, no recognition, no food, no thank you. Nothing.

It was a film about two brothers, on both sides, super cliche and all, even though family fighting family happened a lot simply because the war was fought for 4 years and it was hard not for family on both sides to meet. Not like actually come face to face, but just on the same battlefield.

I think it was the Union actor, all of the producers, cameramen, and ladies fawned over for some reason. Just because he was some hotshot who didn't think his crap stunk and while we brought the authenticity and bang to the film for gunfights, he acted like we were peasant trash who should be happy that we were sharing the same air as him.

Needless to say, the dude was a whiny lout who ended up passing out from the heat, all the while we were doing all the heavy lifting for the film and he was just standing around to 'look pretty'

Have you ever been on TV before? Examples such as being interviewed for the news, having a role in a movie or TV series, or even a quick glimpse of you in the background at a live event?? If not, do you know anyone who has?

I can be seen in a bunch of videos online taken from music shows in Chicago—some professionally shot. Other than that, in terms of television, I was interviewed by local news some years ago after my old apartment caught fire. Our neighbor at the time decided that leaving fried chicken to cook (at 1 AM I should add) while she took a shower was a smart time saver.

Last edited:
I was interviewed on a local station once

Also, my children's choir performed on a morning show

Last edited:
I've been on the news a few times on accident more so than anything. I always happen to be walking wherever there's a news camera rolling, it seems.

Back