Harvest Moon

Thunder

The deftest potato peeler
Staff
Project Staff
Artist
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Posts
12,495
Bells
4,141
Dragon Tokens
0
Red Envelope
Rebel Gnome
Aurora Sky
Valentine's Rose
Valentine's Rose
Valentine's Rose
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Flower Glow Wand
Sooo... I always wanted to know if this game was any good. But there's a quite few out there :S

So i'd like to know, which ones for the PSP/DS are the best? Or which is the best one out?

And if you think they're the best, what makes it so special to you? What makes you love it? (Try avoiding all that nostalgia stuff m'kay)
 
Best One IMO: A Wonderful Life for Gamecube
Hated Magical Melody
The Wii version was too much like the advance and Gameboy games, as was Magical Melody.
A wonderful life was something completely different.
 
I have AWL and MM for GCN, each has its ups and downs, but they are both great games overall.

Haven't tried the others...
 
So A Wonderful Life has been mentioned a few times, so i'll keep that in mind.

But also, what's the best out of the PSP and DS?
 
Wonderful Life
Magical Melody
Rune Factory Sub-Series
Friends of Mineral Town
Back to Nature
64
 
I only had a wonderful life and island of happiness. i didnt like a wonderful life. but i looved island of happiness :)
but that game got stolen (along with every other game i had, except acww) so i cant play it anymore :(
 
A/Another Wonderful Life are great and are the best ones.
Magical Melody is okay.
Harvest Moon 64 is also not too shabby.

The rest of the series sucks imo.
 
get harvest moon boy and girl for the psp

it's a port of whatever harvest moon game was originally on the playstation, I forget/don't know which. it's the same style/graphics of the harvest moon 64 (the best style for the game, imo) but it's got more stuff to do.

I prefer 64, but to each his own, young woman!
 
I recommend these Harvest Moon games:

-HM: Island of Happiness
-HM: Friends of Mineral Town(Best handheld HM.)
-HM: A Wonderful Life(My favorite. ^_^ )
-HM: Magical Melody(Depends on what type of HM Fan you are.)
-HM: SNES


If you get both HM: A Wonderful Life, HM: Friends of Mineral Town, and have a GCN Link Cable, you can unlock exclusive content and features on both games if you link them. :)
 
I think the best was A wonderful life for gamecube.

It seemed like I got the most enjoyment out of that one, although, my life was great when I was playing that harvest moon.

The Wii version, I find, gets away from the actual game.

Never tried the DS versions, but I'd try them if I had the chance.
 
i have animal parade,tree of tranquility, and sunshine islands i like them all!
 
A Wonderful Life is good, but it lacks something most HM games have, that being the ability to play forever, since it has an ending and then you have to start a new game.

Also, I just like the farming and the dating sim.
 
Megamannt125 said:
A Wonderful Life is good, but it lacks something most HM games have, that being the ability to play forever, since it has an ending and then you have to start a new game.

Also, I just like the farming and the dating sim.
It has freeplay mode.
 
Bacon Boy said:
Megamannt125 said:
A Wonderful Life is good, but it lacks something most HM games have, that being the ability to play forever, since it has an ending and then you have to start a new game.

Also, I just like the farming and the dating sim.
It has freeplay mode.
No it doesn't.
 
Megamannt125 said:
Bacon Boy said:
Megamannt125 said:
A Wonderful Life is good, but it lacks something most HM games have, that being the ability to play forever, since it has an ending and then you have to start a new game.

Also, I just like the farming and the dating sim.
It has freeplay mode.
No it doesn't.
After you die, it does.

The Twilight
You've aged again and so have other villagers. Some have died, and your son is now certain of his career, and can no longer be swayed. Before you die, your wife talks to you one last time. The game ends with your death and Takakura speaking or thinking to your father about how Forget-Me-Not Valley fares after your death. After your death, a "heaven mode" or free play mode is unlocked.You can't play as your son.
 
Bacon Boy said:
Megamannt125 said:
Bacon Boy said:
Megamannt125 said:
A Wonderful Life is good, but it lacks something most HM games have, that being the ability to play forever, since it has an ending and then you have to start a new game.

Also, I just like the farming and the dating sim.
It has freeplay mode.
No it doesn't.
After you die, it does.

The Twilight
You've aged again and so have other villagers. Some have died, and your son is now certain of his career, and can no longer be swayed. Before you die, your wife talks to you one last time. The game ends with your death and Takakura speaking or thinking to your father about how Forget-Me-Not Valley fares after your death. After your death, a "heaven mode" or free play mode is unlocked.You can't play as your son.
Pretty sure that's only in the girl version.
 
Back
Top