• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Happy Thanksgiving from The Bell Tree!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thankful for my family, for all that they've done for me and for the time we get to spend together 😊

This may seem silly, but I'm also thankful for all the tv and movies I watched this year. Even though many think they're dumb and frivolous, they gave me something to look forward to when sadness was overwhelming and everything seemed bleak.

And finally, I'm thankful for all the free resources people on the internet have provided to help people learn how to code. I'm really enjoying my new hobby!

I'm thankful for having family, friends and my lovely TBT friends. I've had a difficult few months and people on the other side of the world have helped me so much more than the friends I've known for years. Without them I definitely would have struggled to get through these months. So, thank you again, and Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it! 😀

I am thankful for my parents.They’ve had such a rough few months with my stepdad battling stage 3 lung cancer and having to stop treatment for the time being as it has weakened him to the point of barely being able to move. Even with all this, he is still in good spirits and ready to fight when the doctors give him the ok again. My mom has been an absolute godsend. She does everything, Literally everything with the patience of a saint. My hubs and kids and I got here yday and have been doing everything we can to help make things easier for them even if it’s just tor these few days. I am so so very grateful he hasn’t given up and am in awe of my courageous selfless mom.

ZuIJ7Pv.jpg

(This post will be incomprehensible to a non-Splatoon player, and I'm sorry).

I don't want to be too spicy since I don't want to ruin the thread's good vibes, but lots of people make complaints along the lines of, "Ugh, my teammates are so bad. They're the ones dragging me down. I'm too good, and if I only had good teammates, I'd win." I don't love that mindset, so I want to counteract that with some positivity.

Today, I'm thankful for the nice folks I've played with online in Splatoon 3. Specifically, I want to shout-out my teammates yesterday in a set of three B-Rank Clam Blitz matches. Yes, Clam Blitz of all modes. Not pictured is a Sloshing Machine user who dropped in later named "OwOing tbh" who also did great.

Some highlights included:
  • In a Museum match, after we opened basket, a player who didn't have any clams dropped down to gather more, and because they didn't have time to climb back up, they threw their clams upward to another teammate who could throw them in. Said teammate was also positioned perfectly behind cover for their weapon and got multiple picks while this was going on.
  • We got a breakaway solo push while all of us were at the opponent's basket. One player noticed very fast and tried to stop it. I noticed a moment later and immediately "This Way'd" to get everyone's attention, and my teammate next to me who was trying to help me score (by throwing clams to me, which is unheard of in this rank) stopped what they were doing and came back with me. We got scored on, but since it was just a solo push in a 3v1 situation, we collapsed on it quickly, and they weren't able to continue scoring.
  • I did a stupid and forgot that you can now see how many clams a player has at the top HUD (I was even looking at the HUD because I knew we had player advantage and could push). Someone else "This Way'd," in mid, which I interpreted it as, "Let's push!" and not "Throw clams to me!" I had 7, but the number of clams they had above their head disappeared (I think because I got too close to them), so I didn't realize that they had 6 and wanted me to throw them more. Because I knew I had 7, I "This Way'd" instead, and they immediately deferred to me, threw clams to me, and then protected me as I scored.
  • In general, just a very good sense of how to play. Turfing and maintaining control of mid, not doing breakaway solo pushes, using specials during a push, pushing ahead after the basket is open to keep the area around the basket safe while scoring. None of us were perfect, and we all made mistakes, but I've seen gameplay at higher ranks that looked worse than what I saw during these matches at B rank.
If anyone wants to see my sins, the replay codes are: R79B-NQ12-4H5B-3H3Y, RWD7-B8AX-6417-2D2C, and R6BM-C19D-QAEV-N7L7.

TL;DR: Teamwork is still alive and well and can exist in Splatoon. Also, learn to focus on your own mindset instead of things outside your control, like your teammates' ability.

I don't play Splatoon and I don't understand: Splatoon is a game. Clam Blitz is a mode in the game that has a more complicated ruleset and method of play, so it is notorious for being difficult to play when you're unable to communicate with your team, especially in lower ranks where the level of skill starts at players who don't even know the rules and try to score in the wrong goal. Even at higher ranks, this mode can be difficult. At B-Rank (the second lowest), teamwork is unheard of. Getting a team with similar skill levels and can work together can be difficult, but it's great when it happens.

Sneaky edit after the raffle because I misspelled a replay code. Shh.

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day. It has been a pleasure to read what everyone is thankful for this year. It can be easy to forget that behind every username is a real person with a full life consisting of families, friendships, upswings, and hardships. Thank you everyone who shared a glimpse of the person behind the screen with us. It is now time to announce the winners of our Thanksgiving Raffle!

Congratulations to all of our winners! The Key Lime Pie and Pumpkin Pie collectibles, and the 25 forum bells consolation prize for those of you who did not receive a collectible, will be distributed within a day or two.

congratulations to all of the winners! ☺️🥧 thank you again for the raffle, staff! i hope everyone celebrating had/is having a good thanksgiving!

Congrats, raffle winners!! 🥳 It's been lovely reading through everyone's posts. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate, and otherwise I hope everyone's having a good day!

Congrats to the winners and thank you to the staff for the fun raffle! I loved reading through what everyone shared, and I’m glad to be part of this community! Happy thanksgiving!

Congrats to all of the winners! Thank you staff for the raffle, and happy Thanksgiving!

Aw yay! I'm happy to have won! Especially the key lime pie considering I'm from FL haha. Congratulations to the other winners! Happy Thanksgiving to all :)

Omg, thank you sooooooo much! I actually really love Pumpkin pie, it's the only kind of pie that I like (I'm weird, I know, haha). Congrats to all of the other winners as well, and thanks so much once again for the event! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back