• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Happy Home Designer - Frequently Asked Questions (Got a question? Look here!)

i havent done that many houses.. atleast nowhere near the end not even halfway through and i basically keep getting the the same 5-6 villagers i dont wanna do everyday no matter how many times i refresh for last 3-4 weeks already. i even did all them before just to be replaced with new ones i dont care about that dont even have any new items. its so annoying that i basically dont play anymore atm.. like i tried refreshing 20 times and only got like 1 new one every 6-7 days, not always an interesting one. i dunno why that is happening and so stuck but bleh. wish they would atleast cycle in a balanced amount of ones with new furniture. if i was closer to the end i'd understand, but.. i still spend like 20-30 minutes even if i dont care for them so this feels really.........
anyway

does anyone know if dataminers/spriters have taken a look at the update of hhd already regarding new items etc?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's a complete list of all the requests somewhere? I think gyms and sports-related requests have to have the highest number of anything. It's getting really old. I'm curious exactly how many there are.

http://hhd.crystal-dreams.us/?page_id=15 ~ they're translated from Japanese though, and some of the translations aren't completely correct like Deli's was "A Room Scented By Curry" and instead, it says "Life with Curry." http://animalcrossingworld.com/guid...of-villagers-and-design-requests-in-progress/ is more accurate but it's a work in progress

Last edited:
Is the game worth buying? I'm debating whether or not to save up my money and buy it. Thank you to whoever reads this and gives their own review of the game. :D

it seems like the sweets challenge houses were deleted :(

edit: atleast ones with low ratings it seems.

Last edited:
Is the game worth buying? I'm debating whether or not to save up my money and buy it. Thank you to whoever reads this and gives their own review of the game. :D

Here is a recent thread that discusses this.

The tl;dr version of that thread: It's not a full Animal Crossing game. You only decorate houses and buildings (granted, you get many new features that aren't even in New Leaf). If you like decorating houses in Animal Crossing, buy it. If you don't, you may or may not like it.

If you want a full Animal Crossing game, buy New Leaf if you don't have it.

Has anyone come across any [good] department store signs qr codes that showed what was on each level (or designed to look like it was)? I know I've seen some in the past, but I never thought of grabbing them until now. >< I'm also looking for a good design to use for a sign for a theater themed house I'm working on.

Last edited:
How is that some people get an upstairs or a basement for decorating some animal villagers' homes?

How is that some people get an upstairs or a basement for decorating some animal villagers' homes?

You can design the house for a villager again, visit the villager and they will give you the option to redesign their house, choose the option for a new floor plan, you can choose a bigger room, or two-room, the after that you can choose a three-room.

How do people get villagers to sing? :/ I put Rosie in front of a mic and she just stared at it. They do sing right? Or am I just crazy and imagined a gif of Flurry belting some tunes?? O^O

- - - Post Merge - - -

i havent done that many houses.. atleast nowhere near the end not even halfway through and i basically keep getting the the same 5-6 villagers i dont wanna do everyday no matter how many times i refresh for last 3-4 weeks already. i even did all them before just to be replaced with new ones i dont care about that dont even have any new items. its so annoying that i basically dont play anymore atm.. like i tried refreshing 20 times and only got like 1 new one every 6-7 days, not always an interesting one. i dunno why that is happening and so stuck but bleh. wish they would atleast cycle in a balanced amount of ones with new furniture. if i was closer to the end i'd understand, but.. i still spend like 20-30 minutes even if i dont care for them so this feels really.........
anyway

does anyone know if dataminers/spriters have taken a look at the update of hhd already regarding new items etc?

Dunno about data miners, but it would help to just do some villager houses even if you don't like them just so they get out of the way. I too noticed that the ones I ignored kept pooling and coming back, so I just started doing houses for everyone and sure enough I'd get a new villager every time I'd get rid of an old one. Plus there's no harm in it either, as most villagers unlock new items/clothing. If you can't be bothered to actually design a house for them, you can just open up their required items and save. They'll be happy anyway and you move on xD hope this helps.

How do people get villagers to sing? :/ I put Rosie in front of a mic and she just stared at it. They do sing right? Or am I just crazy and imagined a gif of Flurry belting some tunes?? O^O

music has to be playing and sometimes it takes a couple tries to get them to sing

music has to be playing and sometimes it takes a couple tries to get them to sing

I guess I'll have to edit Rosie's studio sometime. Thanks, ACanelleNL for asking (I've been wondering that, but never felt the need to ask Idk why lol); and thanks Fink for the answer. :)

Ohh ok, I had no music playing! Thanks!! I'll have to edit her studio too xD

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any wooden patterns with qr codes, that match the color of the storefront piece of furniture? I'm having a hard time matching as well as designing something to match that color ><

You can design the house for a villager again, visit the villager and they will give you the option to redesign their house, choose the option for a new floor plan, you can choose a bigger room, or two-room, the after that you can choose a three-room.

Thank you, roseflower!

I actually accessed the choice of a second floor or basement with Henry. I met him outside. And he wanted a train setting of an environment inside his house.

After that, I wasn't having luck with any additional outsiders. So, I tried with those previously established with designing their houses. That worked.

So far, I've only done second floors.

If you want to check it out:
Pecan: 0307-7734-031
Ava: 0000-7735-024​

I'm glad we get the extra room for decorating. It helps.

I've seen a hot spring/bath with lily pads, and though I've looked on sites with a list of unlocked items, I can't seem to find what it's called and who unlocks it. If anybody knows, please help me out ^^

I've seen a hot spring/bath with lily pads, and though I've looked on sites with a list of unlocked items, I can't seem to find what it's called and who unlocks it. If anybody knows, please help me out ^^

I believe Lily unlocks that, but I'm not 100% sure.

does anyone know who unlock the sweet olive start?? ive been getting a lot of autumn/cafe themed requests and my yard always looks like **** and so unnatural bc i dont have the right bush :(

does anyone know who unlock the sweet olive start?? ive been getting a lot of autumn/cafe themed requests and my yard always looks like **** and so unnatural bc i dont have the right bush :(

Coach, Alli, or Ruby unlocks it.

Back