• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Happy Home Designer - Frequently Asked Questions (Got a question? Look here!)

ok i'm 99% sure of the answer but i want to check just in case. can i give someone else an amiibo card that i've already scanned (as in, will it still work for them?)

I've unlocked the choosing layouts feature but if I want two rooms the main room is always 6x6 and the other room is 4x4. I can't have more than two rooms and there's no upstairs or downstairs option. I see other people with up to 3 rooms, upstairs, downstairs, and their main and side rooms are more than 6x6 and 4x4. How do I unlock this feature?

I've unlocked the choosing layouts feature but if I want two rooms the main room is always 6x6 and the other room is 4x4. I can't have more than two rooms and there's no upstairs or downstairs option. I see other people with up to 3 rooms, upstairs, downstairs, and their main and side rooms are more than 6x6 and 4x4. How do I unlock this feature?

(read the first post)

So for those who don't know, you can get the counterfeit artwork (once you unlock artwork with play coins) by using the search. All of the fake stuff has a ? in the name, like "amazing painting?". You can't find it normally in the catalog.

Are there any other items that you can only find through the search function and not through the catalog?

So for those who don't know, you can get the counterfeit artwork (once you unlock artwork with play coins) by using the search. All of the fake stuff has a ? in the name, like "amazing painting?". You can't find it normally in the catalog.

Are there any other items that you can only find through the search function and not through the catalog?

I'm not sure about other items but you can also search counterfeit for the fake art. That's how I found it atleast.

Are there any items in-game that are a good color-match for the 'melon' option of the polka-dot furniture? I'm trying to coord it with things and am running into a wall. (looking for items, re-furb options, clothes, anything)

I'm not sure about other items but you can also search counterfeit for the fake art. That's how I found it atleast.

just searching for "fake" also works, that's how I had found it.

I still can't figure out how to dress a villager. When I pick them up while doing their house, there is no clothing icon or anything.

Back