Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't TT when you're moving people in with amiibos.
Not sure if this happens elsewise too, but this absolutely happens with amiibos nearly every time, practically guaranteed.
Not necessarily all the time, at least from my experience. I moved in amiibo villagers 1 day forward at a time and they all have their correct exteriors. The glitch seems to occur when TT backwards or jumping 2-3 days ahead at once.

sorry if this is a bit late or out of the blue, but does taking a villager who was forced out with an amiibo still a risk? i wanna buy my dreamie off of someone but don't want to have the risk of someone else moving in instead

I believe so long as you don't TT backwards or more than a day forward at a time (until they are out of boxes) it is not an issue? I've given several kicked amiibos to friends and not had an issue (yet!)

Even if the house exterior becomes glitched you can still move them out without issues! It just resets the plot when they move to the other person's island, so it's just a cosmetic issue with your game and everything is still functional.

Sorry for being out of the loop guys, but I’m planning to kick out Dobie with an amiibo and would like to give him away. Is there still a glitch involved with this? Is there a safe way to give him away without glitching my or someone else’s game? Thanks!

Sorry for being out of the loop guys, but I’m planning to kick out Dobie with an amiibo and would like to give him away. Is there still a glitch involved with this? Is there a safe way to give him away without glitching my or someone else’s game? Thanks!
The safest way to give them to someone is to have them ask naturally (via the thought bubble) to move away. However I believe that the amiibo glitches are fixed now, so it should be safe to kick villagers out with amiibo. ^^

I really need to confirm whether something related to adoptions is a sign of a glitch or hacked/duplicated villagers...
If it's a stupid question, please excuse me, first time adopting, so please help me out here.

I decided to buy Raymond, so I went to the seller's island to adopt him.
Raymond was in boxes, packing, ready to move out, and after speaking to him, I invited him over.
Then Raymond confirmed with Tom Nook he could move in, all good.
I spoke to Raymond again after this.
And then the conversation started from the beginning, and I was prompted to invite him again to my island.
After inviting him again, the short cut-scene where Raymond contacts Tom Nook played out again.
Then Raymond told me Tom said there was no spot available for him and sadly he couldn't go with me.
I freaked out and contacted the seller about this, and he told me that Raymond is just forgetful.
That since my invitation during the first conversation was successful, the plot was filled because he was moving in.
I went back to my island, and the plot was properly sold to Raymond, but the whole thing scared me.

Is what I experienced with the repeated conversation pattern normal every time you go to adopt a villager from another island?
Or is this repeated pattern a sign that I adopted a hacked/duplicated Raymond?
I have only invited villagers during mystery island tours before, and the conversation pattern is normal there, so I'm worried.
I really need to know this, this was my first time adopting a villager and I have no other way of finding out, thanks in advance!

I really need to confirm whether something related to adoptions is a sign of a glitch or hacked/duplicated villagers...
If it's a stupid question, please excuse me, first time adopting, so please help me out here.

Raymond was in boxes, packing, ready to move out, and after speaking to him, I invited him over.
And then the conversation started from the beginning, and I was prompted to invite him again to my island.
After inviting him again, the short cut-scene where Raymond contacts Tom Nook played out again.
Then Raymond told me Tom said there was no spot available for him and sadly he couldn't go with me.
I freaked out and contacted the seller about this, and he told me that Raymond is just forgetful.
That since my invitation during the first conversation was successful, the plot was filled because he was moving in.
I went back to my island, and the plot was properly sold to Raymond, but the whole thing scared me.

Is what I experienced with the repeated conversation pattern normal every time you go to adopt a villager from another island?
I have only invited villagers during mystery island tours before, and the conversation pattern is normal there, so I'm worried.
I really need to know this, this was my first time adopting a villager and I have no other way of finding out, thanks in advance!

I read somewhere on here that one sign of a bugged villager is that they ask you to move again when you've already invited them once.
here someone said that

Last edited:

This was a sign of the glitch where their house would randomly show they moved out, but that should have been patched with the latest update?

@Xenia

Is your game updated to the latest one?

Yes, it is updated, although because I was time travelling prior to the adoption, the date was a few days back, I didn't TT anymore after the adoption, it's just the date is 19th of this month for example, that's all. I got so scared that I didn't even fast forward a day.

Last edited:

I experience this when I adopt or tried to adopt a villager, except that instead of Tom Nook saying no spot available anymore,
the same successful invite scene keep plays out. Next few days I got the "I've moved out" glitch. I managed to fix the
glitch plot/house but the villager was gone for good. According to animalcrossingworld the glitch was fixed in the latest update.

I experience this when I adopt or tried to adopt a villager, except that instead of Tom Nook saying no spot available anymore,
the same successful invite scene keep plays out. Next few days I got the "I've moved out" glitch. I managed to fix the
glitch plot/house but the villager was gone for good. According to animalcrossingworld the glitch was fixed in the latest update.

Sorry to trouble you, but could you please tell me how I can fix the glitch house/plot if I need to later on? I don't mind losing the villager, does anything other than losing the villager occur, like corrupt save data, loss of inventory items or bells? I have the latest update, but I'm asking just in case there is anything else I should look out for. Much obliged for your help!

Nope, from my experience, nothing else happens, no corrupt save data, loss of any items or bells. Just the "I've moved out"
glitch house/plot. I got lucky and the house/plot disappear just by playing normally in just two or three days after it happened.
Though I've read that for some people it takes a long time for the house/plot to disappear by itself. From what I know there
are two ways, one is by using amibo and another is to TT. I'm not sure if external link is allowed here but you can search the
video on how to fix it on youtube. Just search "I've moved out", should be the first video.

Last edited:
Sorry to trouble you, but could you please tell me how I can fix the glitch house/plot if I need to later on? I don't mind losing the villager, does anything other than losing the villager occur, like corrupt save data, loss of inventory items or bells? I have the latest update, but I'm asking just in case there is anything else I should look out for. Much obliged for your help!
I've heard some people say starting a new day deleted the plot for them, you could try TTing one day forward?

I've heard some people say starting a new day deleted the plot for them, you could try TTing one day forward?

I appreciate your help, I'm doing just that, progressing one day at a time, TTing one day forward little by little, he is absolutely fine, no need for drastic measures yet, the unboxing and settling in progressed smoothly, I talked to him lots, seemed fine, his house is legit, his name on the house properly written, talked to him about various things, he even did chores and stuff, gardening, exploring, eating sandwiches, smelling flowers etc. I'm keeping it slow, TTing forward slowly and making sure I interact with him, at this point it's like an experiment for me, I want to see how far it will go, and if the recent update patch was enough to save me from the house plot glitch...I'm lucky to have villagers I'm not really attached to, except for maybe Marina, so I can walk through this whole thing relatively calmly. Received a few of my fave amiibo cards too, but I won't use them yet. Thank you, and everyone else who helped me so far, I will keep you updated, still Raymond's first couple of days, will check the interior of his house too and everything, thanks again!

Last edited:
On the glitched exterior thing, I got Audie to move in with the correct exterior by waiting until the day with the sold plot appeared then TTing one day forward! So like others said, maybe not TTing between the day the original villager moves out and the day the sold plot showing up is indeed crucial to getting the correct exterior.

On the glitched exterior thing, I got Audie to move in with the correct exterior by waiting until the day with the sold plot appeared then TTing one day forward! So like others said, maybe not TTing between the day the original villager moves out and the day the sold plot showing up is indeed crucial to getting the correct exterior.

Seeing as my Raymond's house interior, exterior, his behavior and everything seem to remain normal even after a few days (I'm TTing one day at a time forward only, because I'm still a few days in the past until I reach present day), I think the patch update might have fixed everything, will know for sure by the end of the day. The key is definitely to be cautious about how you TT though, as you said, I'm staying away from backwards TT for sure.

I had someone come adopt Fang when In boxes and Fang was crafting on an invisible table instead of sweeping. Still moved out no problem.

I had someone come adopt Fang when In boxes and Fang was crafting on an invisible table instead of sweeping. Still moved out no problem.
This happened to me as well for 2-3 villagers that I was getting from someone who got them via amiibo + got them to moved naturally, a month ago. It's just a little bug and it's totally safe, not glitched !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back