• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Game Soundtracks

I don't have a #1 favorite video game soundtrack; I have a couple. This is in no particular order:

• Final Fantasy X ~ NOT the HD remake one
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

There are a lot of individual songs from video game soundtracks that I like--some of them from the same soundtrack.

I love Final Fantasy X's soundtrack because it really helped set the mood for each part of the story, which contributed to the amount of impact the story's plot had on me. I'd write more here, but then I'd need to cite my own tumblr article since that is where I wrote everything that I have to say about this soundtrack and I don't know how to reword it. XP Anyways, the soundtrack really was moving to me.

I started to write a draft on my thoughts on the game: MGS4: Guns of the Patriots January of last year, but since I have never finished it, I'll just post part of what I was going to write. :]

To me, Metal Gear Solid 4?s soundtrack is the most unique among the other Metal Gear Solid games? soundtracks because it not only captures the stealth and combat aspects to the game, but it also highlights the emotional or perhaps even the psychological experience that is illustrated in certain portions of the game. The other Metal Gear Solid games? soundtracks seems to be more strictly focused on the stealth and combat aspects to the games. That isn?t to say that the other games? soundtracks are less powerful or less beautifully orchestrated. Each soundtrack has its own theme(s) to focus on incorporating into the music, and the style of music differs to some extent, as well.

I think I liked Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater soundtrack a lot too, but I haven't listened to it (or any of my music in a long time for me to remember why).

^ Omg I'm listening to that right now and was about to post Donkey Kong Country as one of my favorite video game OST.

So funny haha

^ Omg I'm listening to that right now and was about to post Donkey Kong Country as one of my favorite video game OST.

So funny haha

It is a good track. You'd probably like the remix version of it used in Tropical Freeze.

Last edited:
The friendly ghosts sure knew how to play good music

This music is in FoMT and AWL, it's music for the bar in AWL

Such great music for just the beginning of an adventure

Last edited:
Relevant Terraria music ;U

So hyped for the 1.3 release in 4 hours!

Jav always be posting the best songs

Probably my favorite song right here^ The feels, man

Last edited:
Back