Status
Not open for further replies.

Callie

Ms. Jentacular
Bells
Silver Mailbox
http://www.freerice.com/

Freerice.com said:
For each answer you get right, we donate 10 grains of rice through the World Food Porgamme to help end hunger

And you can change subjects. A great thing to do, and it's very easy. You basically answer multiple choice questions and it donates 10 grains of rice for every right answer.

Oh, and if you want to add me on it (Although I don't see much point in the accounts, I guess it's just if you want to keep track of much you donate), I'm DonatingRiceIsClassy.

I don't really see the point in signing up.. other than to make it into a game.

and it's a game in enough ways.

oh well. too many god damn sign up places, nowadays. i never thought to myself "gee, i wish i could sign into this place so i could compete against other people". it was just a nice way to brush up on some vocab skills and rooster around if i was bored.

BUT FORSOOTH, I AM RAMBLING.

as long as you're contributing, it doesn't really matter one way or another, i guess.

Tis a good site, I got to level 40 then dropped promptly to hover around 36 and 37 a while.

I hope you don't actually believe they're going to donate exactly 10 grains of rice for every question you answer. But really, the site doesn't make much sense at all. How are they getting money to buy the rice just by having people answer questions a 3 year old can answer? And do you really think there will be someone to count out 10 tiny grains of rice at a time?

Coelacanth said:
I hope you don't actually believe they're going to donate exactly 10 grains of rice for every question you answer. But really, the site doesn't make much sense at all. How are they getting money to buy the rice just by having people answer questions a 3 year old can answer? And do you really think there will be someone to count out 10 tiny grains of rice at a time?
You know they can plant rice ya know :/.
And also the Advertisements.. http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/freerice.asp
Also that.. I believe that they donate exactly 10 grains of rice. Anyway, 10 grains of rice is not even a spoonful. You need lots of rice to fill up a cup. about 6-7k... So i believe c:

Anyways, 2020 grains.

Coelacanth said:
it's supported by advertisements. the more you do, the more times the adverts are triggered, the more money is given.

of course a person doesn't count each piece out individually. a computer does. they probably package them by weight, since it would be much much easier to count 1 ton of rice, instead of X amount of grains.

@ lawliet, kbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back