• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Flight Rising General Thread [Registration: 8/15 - 8/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I just got a bit of treasure from the quiz thing I found on a guide, so I'll see if I can afford one. :p Are digging and scavenging the only ones that give you eggs, and do they give you specific types of dragons, out of curiosity? I couldn't find it on the big guide I found.

So eggs are reallllly valuable atm because of Gen Ones. Gen ones have no parents, so their colors are based on RNG. Usually they wouldn't be as hyped, but in 4 days new color wheel will come out, Everyone is super excited to hatch new colors + Gen Ones. You don't necessarily have to have an egg to hatch a Fae.

If you don't care for parentage (mostly a collector kind of thing), I would suggest going into your flight's forum or checking AH. There are usually tons of dragons for sale on there. Also super cheap when they are babies. So you can get some nice ones for cheap.

NEWBIES:

If you want to make some money, besides from playing fairgrounds. You can make a team! Coliseum offers great oppurtunities to get some cash. You can get drops that range from food to even eggs (selling for 300Gems a pop atm). You can also get some rare familiars (boss drops)

Getting a team ready is also good because in 2-3 weeks there will be a festival! During festivals you get certain currency that you can exchange for items. These items usually retire~

"A suggestion might be an actual beginners section perhaps (apologies if you have already done this, I've read so many different guides over the last few days I get mixed up!). Just a few bullet points on how to begin your first day (eg. choose your flight, then your dragon, take your time with the colours and breed, head over to your flight forum and say hi, pick up some free dragons, check out the fairground etc etc) just some pointers really to help ease new players into it, then the actual in-depth info would be in the spoilers already listed. That's just me though, sometimes I need things broken down into a few simple sentences to get me started."

Welcome to Flight Rising!

The first thing you'll do (after choosing your username) is choose your Flight.

A Flight is your elemental alignment. There are 11 of them in the game: Ice, Shadow, Wind, Water, Nature, Light, Lightning, Fire, Arcane, Plague, and Earth. I encourage you to choose the one whose description appeals most to you because that the majority of players choose based on the description. This effectively groups together users of generally the same mindset, which causes Flights to have distinct communities and different priorities and focuses. For instance: Shadow is the tricksters flight, so they have a lot of forum games. Wind is the flight of art and fun and games. Nature is the flight of nurturing and generosity. Etc.

After your Flight is chosen, you'll then get to choose the colors for your Custom progenitor. This is the only dragon you'll get to choose the colors for, so choose wisely! You'll be able to choose the primary and secondary colors, but the tertiary will be a randomly selected choice.

For more on how colors and genes work, please refer to my How Colors and Breed and Flights Work guide.

As soon as you've created your custom progen, you'll immediately be given another progen with randomly generated colors to start your clan off with. This dragon may be rather ugly, but I'd encourage you to keep it, at least until you're absolutely sure you'd like to get rid of it. Many users exalt theirs early on before realizing that colors and genes can be changed and regret getting rid of theirs when they start to develop their clan lore.

After you receive both your progens, the game will then prompt you to breed them together. Odds are, the color range created by your two progens is awful and will result in ugly babies. I bred my two progens together and have regretted it ever since, since I sold them both without naming them. Others are proud of the long lineage their progens have created. The decision is really up to you whether or not you breed them together.

Next up! Over on the left is a long list of links. Near the bottom under "Library" is the link for the Forums. The Flight Rising Forums are divided into two categories: topics about FR and topics unrelated to FR. At the bottom of the first section, right above the dividing line, are your Flight Forums. There is a general Flight Forum and a Flight Sales Forum. Only members of your own Flight can see into these, and likewise you cannot see into the Flight forums of any other Flight. This keeps the communities separate and growing on their own. Go on and head into your general Flight forum and say hi to your Flight-mates! There will probably be a bunch of welcoming threads there. After that, head over to your Flight Sales forum and pick up some dragons and maybe items for free from generous users!

It's advisable to ask for only dragons you really like, and avoid asking for anything and everything. Since you don't have much money at this point, space is at a premium, and it only gets more and more expensive as you buy lair upgrades. The ways of removing dragons from your lair are: selling/trading, giving away, and exalting.

Exalting is the game's way of removing dragons from the system permanently. Lore-wise it's seen as the highest honor a dragon can receive (it goes to serve directly under your Flight's deity), but in the community opinions are mixed. Regardless, it's seen as rude to take a dragon for the express purpose of exalting it. It's absolutely okay to ask for a dragon that you later on decide you don't like as much and want to get rid of, but don't automatically equate the dragon with a pile of money when you go into giveaway threads.

Try not to take dragons from threads that come with strings attached. "Do not exalt this dragon, do not sell this dragon, etc". While there is no way for the user to enforce these rules (once the dragon has left their lair they relinquish all rights to it), it is considered by most to be a faux pass to have giveaways with strings attached because it essentially burdens a new player with responsibilities that they may not understand the scope of at the time of accepting the dragon.

HERE is a thread discussing (and arguing) both sides.

Flight Rising uses a dragon transfer system called Crossroads, usually abbreviated as CR. The link for it is under the Shop heading on the left. Dragons "given away for free" are not actually free, the system requires that something be sent in return. The smallest amount that can be given is 1 treasure (1t), so this is what's meant when a user is giving away free dragons.

Pinging is another feature that FR uses on its forums. By typing an @ in front of a user's name in a forum post, it sends them a notification that someone has mentioned them. So if I was running a giveaway thread and you wanted to say something to me and be sure I would see it, you would include @Xanarcah in your post somewhere. When I reply to your message, I would include @(yourusername) in my post to ensure you were notified about my reply.

On FR, it's very common for users to post a picture of a dragon that links back to the profile of that dragon when they're talking about it. Like this:

On each dragon's profile, beneath their stats and colors and genes, is a button labeled Generate Code. Clicking it will result in a pop-up with the BBC and HTML codes for the image and URL link. Simply copy the entire BBC section into your message. Not only is it easy to do, but it also gives people a way to access your dragon's info beyond just a picture.

Scry around and get an idea of what kind of dragons you like. Your taste in dragons and colors and genes is bound to change over time, so don't be worried if you find you no longer like a dragon you bought because you fell in love with it.

All species of dragon have a 'rarity', which determines the length of the breeding cooldown. You can tell whether a dragon is on its breeding cooldown by the Egg with a red X over it at next to their gender symbol. If there is no egg, your dragon is ready to breed!

HERE is a link to more info about breed rarity and cooldowns.

Please also see my How Colors and Breeds And Flight Works spoiler for more info on breeding outcomes.

To feed dragons, you need to first go to your Hoard. Here, all of your items are separated into tabs. Choose which foods and the amount you'd like to feed to your dragons, and then click the Convert button. This turns your food items into points that your dragons consume. The Feed button is towards the upper right in your Lair.

All dragons have a different diet. If you mouse over on a dragon's picture in your lair, it will tell you what kinds of foods it will eat. Some dragons are picky and only eat one or two types of food while others will eat everything. The order of foods listed in their info box is the preference for foods they'll eat. For instance, Imps eat Seafood, Meat, Plants, Insects. If you have seafood points converted, they'll consume those first. If there are no seafood, or not enough seafood points, your Imp will eat Meat. Etc.

Additionally, dragons eat in turns by species and age. HERE is a good guide for that.

Right next to the Feed button is an Arrange button. This lets you move around the dragons in your lair. There can't be any spaces between dragons, but you can otherwise move them around in any order you like.

pinging etiquette
general dragon etiquette
- borrowing, nest rental, etc. Coli dragons and stones
- return dragons in same condition you received them in

Things to Get Started On Immediately:

Start a Coliseum Team - I cannot stress how useful having your own team of level 25 dragons will be. Registration windows are more or less always about a week before the next Flight Festival, which are extremely coli-heavy events. So choose three adult dragons you really like and get training! : D Here are two of the most popular guides to making a Coli team:
Culex's Guide
Kiena's Guide

Gathering - every day. You can change which regions you gather in, and different regions can yield different items. New items unlock at certain levels as well.

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew - Start transmuting whatever junk you have on hand. Build up a good selection of materials. It will come in handy, believe me. It's also a good way to make money in the long run.

Pinkerton's Plundered Pile - Get one free item per day

Crim's Collection Cart - Make small amounts of money for junk items every hour. Watch out for the stuff that is actually expensive though, Crim can be sneaky like that.

Tomo's Trivia Tablet - An easy way to make 3k every day. HERE's a guide with all the answers~

Bond with Familiars - You can bond with a familiar by clicking the red heart button under the image of the familiar on your dragon's profile. Familiars give a small amount of treasure every time you bond with them and a chest every time you reach a new level of friendship.

Some great info and tips posted above! ^^ These were put together by Xanarcah!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ahhhh I want to buy my 4-digit <3333
SOON!!!!
As soon as june 8th rolls around, man. Imma be makin' cash like crazy B)

HOLLLA when you get him/her get ready for the 4 digit club ayyyy

thanks! the mate generated for him is a bit bland, but theyve made 3 eggs, so we'll see what hatches!

If you ever want a sneak peek of your dragons offspring you can always input them into the Forsee Progeny wigit in the Scrying Workshop.

If you ever want a sneak peek of your dragons offspring you can always input them into the Forsee Progeny wigit in the Scrying Workshop.

yeah they can be pretty random though hah.

also ugh ive been really lazy with fr other than events lately i totally need to make some dough.

I changed my nature coatl to a wildclaw instead XD I like her a lot more this way!

Last edited:
Almost Finish Arathorn & my friend give me rally ;) All i need is is to put his helm and belt but i need to save Gems to add a ect slots

BBCode:

Here my other warrior his name is Toxic am training him in the coliseum ;)

BBCode:

Last edited:
so what does this whole color wheel expansion dealie mean exactly?

i've got some dragon eggs in my lair's nest, should i wait and hatch them after the color wheel expands???

when are the hatchlings' colors determined anyways? are they determined by the programming upon dragon mating, or not until they're hatched from their eggs???

so what does this whole color wheel expansion dealie mean exactly?

i've got some dragon eggs in my lair's nest, should i wait and hatch them after the color wheel expands???

when are the hatchlings' colors determined anyways? are they determined by the programming upon dragon mating, or not until they're hatched from their eggs???

It's determined from when you hatch them. I personally am waiting haha.

Does anyone have a lightning nest I can rent in a week orz ;;I realllly don't want to use the nest rental system if I don't have to

awww, look at this gorgeous dragon my Flight gave me for being a n00b:

oo i just noticed she was hatched on St. Patrick's Day!

Last edited:
awww, look at this gorgeous dragon my Flight gave me for being a n00b:

oo i just noticed she was hatched on St. Patrick's Day!

oooh perfect! shiny, emerald saint pat's bb! perfect with the wind eyes :3

Last edited:
Nice dergs everyone. Bahah I'm so lazy on the site when there's not a festa so just saving up stuff for next holiday lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back