• LIVE A gaming session for Among Us as part of TBT Neighborly Games is happening right now! Join us in our Discord server's multiplayer channel.
  • We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

find a friend!

Name: iva but i prefer to go by ivy online :^)
Sexual Orientation: straight
Relationship Status: single and dont wanna mingle \m/
Favorite Books: uh the harry potter books but I LOVE THE ASOIAF SERIES!!!
Favorite Games: skyrim, pokemon, tomb raider, league of legends
Favorite Movies: moonrise kingdom, memoirs of a geisha AND MULAN
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: exo!!!! i also really love fx?? other than that i really love indie music and arctic monkeys but honestly the only thing i listen to these days is kpop
Favorite TV Shows: game of thrones (but i hate what theyve done with the last few episodes??)
Interesting facts about yourself: im not interesting sorry the only interesting fact about me is that one time when i was like really little i tried to play spyro on playstation and i couldnt do anything and i cried
Favorite New Leaf Villager: lily tbh
Type of person I would like to be friends with: respectful people?? and someone who can make me laugh a lot idk
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: two-faced people that keep lying to you and make you feel like youre worthless

skyrim, game of thrones, arctic monkeys <33333

wintersoldier;3397457[SIZE=1 said:
LOL thank you! omg i know i try to broaden my horizon with reading, but i go to the library and just read young adult novels... u sound like a cool person though. (*?_ゝ`)[/SIZE]

I am not cool....

Name: Tori
Sexual Orientation: bisexual
Relationship Status: single
Favorite Books: Unnatural, Marked, The Scarlet Letter
Favorite Games: animal crossing new leaf, super smash bros brawl, sims 3, kirby triple deluxe
Favorite Movies: a million ways to die in the west, x-men: days of future past, g.i. joe, dictator, i spit on your grave
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: five finger death punch, volbeat, avenged sevenfold, foo fighters, simple plan, blink 182, acdc
Favorite TV Shows: tanked, too cute, the vampire diaries, gator boys
Interesting facts about yourself: I'm good at singing and photography. Photography is my passion. I also like to make videos on youtube whether it be videos of my bunny, or videos of how I dye my hair. I also like watching anime. I have 3 favorite animes right now. [Hetalia, Death Note, and Hakuoki]
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Hazel and Bunnie
Type of person I would like to be friends with: funny, someone I can get along with
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: homophobes, rude people

Last edited:
I've got nothing else to do xD

Name: Liz
Sexual Orientation:Asexual~
Relationship Status: Asnwer is right above
Fav books: Manga all the time, and Homestuck
Fav games: ACNL, WoW, LBP2(Wow I really like abbreviated games), and Homestuck(If you count that to be a game)
Fav movies: Studio Ghibli films :'D Mostly Spirited Away and The Cat Returns ~~ And MLP Equestria girls ^^
Fav band/musical artists: VOCALOID
Fav TV shows: OH GOD, Attack on Titan, YESSS (Pretty much every single Anime, but SNK is THE BEST) and MLP:FIM
Interesting facts: Oh ye, major Otaku right here. My life has been sucked into watching Attack on Titan over and over and buying stuff. And I have many nicknames. Been watching anime since I was around 4 o_o Learning Japanese :3 Had a huge fear of blood until I forced myself to watch SNK. Love love looove animals, Gotta be a Vet! :'D
Fav New Leaf Villager: Skye !~
Type of person to be friends with: Funny, nice people I can actually talk to about stuffff(And a Otaku. If you're not, you will be soon)
Not to be friends with: People who are rude :c

I love Studio Ghibli (Spirited Away, especially), anime, and animals! I volunteer at a local animal shelter :)

Have you ever seen My Neighbor Totorro?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Name: Tori
Sexual Orientation: bisexual
Relationship Status: single, but currently crushing on someone
Favorite Books: Unnatural, Marked
Favorite Games: animal crossing new leaf, super smash bros brawl, sims 3, kirby
Favorite Movies: a million ways to die in the west, x-men: days of future past, g.i. joe, dictator, i spit on your grave
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: five finger death punch, volbeat, avenged sevenfold, foo fighters, simple plan, blink 182
Favorite TV Shows: tanked, too cute, the vampire diaries, gator boys
Interesting facts about yourself: I'm good at singing and photography. Photography is my passion. I also like to make videos on youtube whether it be videos of my bunny, or videos of how I dye my hair. I also like watching anime. I have 3 favorite animes right now. [Hetalia, Death Note, and Hakuōki
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Hazel
Type of person I would like to be friends with: someone who likes photography, anime, diy crafts
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: someone who is a homophobe

1) Love the sims. Are you pumped for the sims 4? I'm still not sure what exactly they're adding to the mix...
2) Love all the same bands + movies. Remember Everything by Five Finger Death Punch just rips through my soul.
3) how can you not like Too Cute, right? :D
4) Death Note <3 I can watch that over and over and never get tired of it. It's just so brilliant and amazing :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Name: Sam
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Relationship Status: Single
Favorite Books: Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent Series, Catcher in the Rye, Shakespeare, The Old Man and the Sea, the Classics, Scarlet Letter, etc.
Favorite Games: Custom Robo: Arena, AC: New Leaf, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Scrabble, LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D, etc.
Favorite Movies: Disney, Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, 50 First Dates, Avatar, Forest Gump, etc. (literally too many to mention)
Favorite Band or Musical Artist:Tegan and Sara, Five Finger Death Punch, P!nk, Elvis, Queen, Classic Rock/Metal, MoTown
Favorite TV Shows: Anime--Death Note, Bleach, Strawberry Panic, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Soul Eater. Not Anime--Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Lost Girl, Daria, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones
Interesting facts about yourself:I'm a lacrosse goalie, I have a pet mouse, and I'm a really nice person who enjoys both intellectual and fun conversations. Also, I am a huge geek--I collect DC comics and figures.
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Too hard to decide! It would probably be...Tangy though.
But Julian, Marshal and Fauna = close to my favorites
Type of person I would like to be friends with: Anyone who wants to be friends with me :)
Type of person I would not like to be friends with:Someone who is homophobic, rude, argumentative, and unwilling to respect me

Last edited:
Name: Jake
Sexual Orientation: homosexual
Relationship Status: single
Favorite Books: i am not a reader but if i had to pick either trivia/mystery books
Favorite Games: pokemon/zelda/monster hunter
Favorite Movies: musicals
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: kelly clarkson
Favorite TV Shows: glee and desperate housewives
Interesting facts about yourself: i have swag, i was once a model, i am v kind
Favorite New Leaf Villager: ricky!!!
Type of person I would like to be friends with: boys who are nice and hot
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: just pls dont be ignorant and have an open mind

(if u wanna be friends pls PM me with a selfie of u attached)

Still looking for friends!!!

Heck, I've got time for this...

Name: Steven
Sexual Orientation: Straight as an arrow
Relationship Status: Single (and still searching for someone... :( )
Favorite Books: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Hobbit
Favorite Games: Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing
Favorite Movies: Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Avengers
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: Guns 'N' Roses
Favorite TV Shows: Whose Line Is It Anyway, Agents of SHIELD, The Walking Dead
Interesting facts about yourself: I was in the National Spelling Bee when I was younger, I have a degree in Biology, and I can't whistle.
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Rosie! :D
Type of person I would like to be friends with: Fun, honest, and just generally...friendly :)
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: Distrustful, uncaring, and rude

Name: Thats kinda private?
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Favorite Books: Brida, Ordinary People, Heavier than Heaven (Kurt Cobain biography), Spartacus War, Bernini Mystery and ofcourse many Dutch books I will not bore you with. Except Gerard Reve - De Avonden, because its awesome.
Favorite Games: Fire Emblem, Dragon Age, LOZ, Monster Hunter and Harvest Moon series. Plus some other games.
Favorite Movies: Boys Don`t Cry, Lord Of The Rings, Bridge To Far, The Matrix, etc.
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: Nirvana. I like more ofcourse, but I`ll just name Nirvana. :)
Favorite TV Shows: X-Files, Spartacus, ER, Scrubs, GoT, Married with Children and Falling Skies.
Interesting facts about yourself: I love poker :)
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Fang.
Type of person I would like to be friends with: Openminded people with a sense of humor. Just threedimensional people really, open people.
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: Closeminded people, people who are not open.

Heck, I've got time for this...

Name: Steven
Sexual Orientation: Straight as an arrow
Relationship Status: Single (and still searching for someone... :( )
Favorite Books: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Hobbit
Favorite Games: Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing
Favorite Movies: Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Avengers
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: Guns 'N' Roses
Favorite TV Shows: Whose Line Is It Anyway, Agents of SHIELD, The Walking Dead
Interesting facts about yourself: I was in the National Spelling Bee when I was younger, I have a degree in Biology, and I can't whistle.
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Rosie! :D
Type of person I would like to be friends with: Fun, honest, and just generally...friendly :)
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: Distrustful, uncaring, and rude

I love biology :) Plus, LoZ and Pokemon are amazing. Your taste in movies rock. and it's really cool that you made it to the National Spelling Bee! :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Name: Thats kinda private?
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Favorite Books: Brida, Ordinary People, Heavier than Heaven (Kurt Cobain biography), Spartacus War, Bernini Mystery and ofcourse many Dutch books I will not bore you with. Except Gerard Reve - De Avonden, because its awesome.
Favorite Games: Fire Emblem, Dragon Age, LOZ, Monster Hunter and Harvest Moon series. Plus some other games.
Favorite Movies: Boys Don`t Cry, Lord Of The Rings, Bridge To Far, The Matrix, etc.
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: Nirvana. I like more ofcourse, but I`ll just name Nirvana. :)
Favorite TV Shows: X-Files, Spartacus, ER, Scrubs, GoT, Married with Children and Falling Skies.
Interesting facts about yourself: I love poker :)
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Fang.
Type of person I would like to be friends with: Openminded people with a sense of humor. Just threedimensional people really, open people.
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: Closeminded people, people who are not open.

I've never seen Boys Don't Cry but I really want to. Hillary Swank is a great actress. Ordinary People is such a sad and subtle, yet poignant book. :) Harvest Moon<3 LoZ <3 Fire Emblem <3 lol obviously no words needed for those. Nirvana. Just...Nirvana. Yes. I love GoT and Scrubs as well as the Matrix. Hope we can talk :)

Favorite Books: Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent Series, Catcher in the Rye, Shakespeare, The Old Man and the Sea, the Classics, Scarlet Letter, etc.
Favorite Games: Custom Robo: Arena, AC: New Leaf, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Scrabble, LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D, etc.
Favorite Movies: Disney, Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, 50 First Dates, Avatar, Forest Gump, etc. (literally too many to mention)
Favorite Band or Musical Artist:Tegan and Sara, Five Finger Death Punch, P!nk, Elvis, Queen, Classic Rock/Metal, MoTown
Favorite TV Shows: Anime--Death Note, Bleach, Strawberry Panic, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Soul Eater. Not Anime--Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Lost Girl, Daria, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones
Interesting facts about yourself:I'm a lacrosse goalie, I have a pet mouse, and I'm a really nice person who enjoys both intellectual and fun conversations. Also, I am a huge geek--I collect DC comics and figures.
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Too hard to decide! It would probably be...Tangy though.
Type of person I would like to be friends with: Anyone who wants to be friends with me :)
Type of person I would not like to be friends with:Someone who is homophobic, rude, argumentative, and unwilling to respect me
I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Shakespeare.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Shakespeare.

What Shakespeare do you like? :) I prefer tragedies myself. Hamlet is one of my favorites, next to Romeo and Juliet, of course. I have this lovely Barnes and Noble Classics edition with all of his plays and sonnets. It's amazing <3 Which of his works do you prefer? :)

I've never seen Boys Don't Cry but I really want to. Hillary Swank is a great actress. Ordinary People is such a sad and subtle, yet poignant book. :) Harvest Moon<3 LoZ <3 Fire Emblem <3 lol obviously no words needed for those. Nirvana. Just...Nirvana. Yes. I love GoT and Scrubs as well as the Matrix. Hope we can talk :)

Its a quite devastating movie in honesty. I was mad at the tv for a long time after I saw it. The movie isn`t very hollywood style, its very raw and realistic. That combined with a horrific story (based on real situation), brrr.
I agree Ordinary People is a sad story, but also beautiful in a sense of people coming back together after such a tragic event. Not to mention I think Judith Guest really did a fantastic job on zooming in on everybody`s perspective within the family. It felt bitterly real! Its very easy to get completely emotionally involved in the story.

Are you on one of the pages here? I`ll go through them.
I btw only listed Nirvana because they rise high above the field.

Its a quite devastating movie in honesty. I was mad at the tv for a long time after I saw it. The movie isn`t very hollywood style, its very raw and realistic. That combined with a horrific story (based on real situation), brrr.
I agree Ordinary People is a sad story, but also beautiful in a sense of people coming back together after such a tragic event. Not to mention I think Judith Guest really did a fantastic job on zooming in on everybody`s perspective within the family. It felt bitterly real! Its very easy to get completely emotionally involved in the story.

Are you on one of the pages here? I`ll go through them.
I btw only listed Nirvana because they rise high above the field.

Type of person I would like to be friends with: Anyone who wants to be friends with me

Yes. The fact that Boys Don't Cry is based on a true story is absolutely horrifying. It's supposedly an amazing film. And I completely agree with your take on Ordinary People. The family dynamics and the growing bond between father and son vs. the aloofness of the mother due to grief, etc. were so potent. I'm so happy that I read that book. I wouldn't have known about it had it not been assigned reading in one of my classes. I love to read anyway, so I just lucked out. :)

What Shakespeare do you like? :) I prefer tragedies myself. Hamlet is one of my favorites, next to Romeo and Juliet, of course. I have this lovely Barnes and Noble Classics edition with all of his plays and sonnets. It's amazing <3 Which of his works do you prefer? :)
I've read Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, The Merchant of Venice and Julius Caesar, and I don't remember much of the latter two so I'd definitely say Hamlet was my favorite between them, followed by Macbeth. My English class last year read a lot of his sonnets and I loved them! My favorite is probably Sonnet 14.

I've read Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, The Merchant of Venice and Julius Caesar, and I don't remember much of the latter two so I'd definitely say Hamlet was my favorite between them, followed by Macbeth. My English class last year read a lot of his sonnets and I loved them! My favorite is probably Sonnet 14.

I wasn't familiar with Sonnet 14---absolutely beautiful. He has such a way with words and melding them together. I'm curious...what was your interpretation of that sonnet? Also, I've ready Julius Caesar as well (saw Macbeth on Broadway)...that was an amazing play, too. I think that was the...third Shakespeare play that I read, but the first two I wasn't able to appreciate since I was younger at the time.

Type of person I would like to be friends with: Anyone who wants to be friends with me

Yes. The fact that Boys Don't Cry is based on a true story is absolutely horrifying. It's supposedly an amazing film. And I completely agree with your take on Ordinary People. The family dynamics and the growing bond between father and son vs. the aloofness of the mother due to grief, etc. were so potent. I'm so happy that I read that book. I wouldn't have known about it had it not been assigned reading in one of my classes. I love to read anyway, so I just lucked out. :)

Oh wow, we have quite some things in common. :)
I loved reading Catcher in the Rye as well, it kinda reminds me of Gerard Reve`s book "De Avonden". Very grim way of thinking. Although in De Avonden, its not just the main character, its also how the surroundings of him are described. Its quite powerful.

I also like Shakespeare ofcourse. Who doesn`t? But its been a long time since I've read him. Last one was Merchant of Venice.

Also 50 first dates is a great movie! I love comedies and horror movies, but even though the genres are miles apart, its very hard to find really good ones. Its such a sympathetic story. Sometimes its nice to just watch a movie without to much emotional spin on it, just a feelgood movie through and through. I also love the movie "The Man Who Knew To Little." You know that one?
I also love scrabble (well, we gone digital, wordfeud FTW!). Not to mention when you said you loved both serious and nonsensical talks, I looked back to see if I listed that as well, because I was thinking that. I can only truly enjoy funny talk if there is also room for serious conversation & vice versa. Me likey. :)

I wasn't familiar with Sonnet 14---absolutely beautiful. He has such a way with words and melding them together. I'm curious...what was your interpretation of that sonnet? Also, I've ready Julius Caesar as well (saw Macbeth on Broadway)...that was an amazing play, too. I think that was the...third Shakespeare play that I read, but the first two I wasn't able to appreciate since I was younger at the time.
I interpreted as him displaying an admiration for the subject of the poem, probably the same man that Shakespeare's earlier sonnets were written for, and wanting him to procreate because of his admiration with him. I think Shakespeare was saying he can't predict the future with astronomy but he can use the eyes of this man for guidance. That's how I interpreted it my first time reading it, at least, maybe if I looked over it again I'd think differently. I've never really analyzed it before.

Ah, that sounds really cool. I'd love to see a play, I never have. My class was supposed to see Macbeth last year but we never went through with it. How'd you like it?

Name: Stephen Macurdy
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Relationship Status: Single Pringle
Favorite Books: Warriors, HP, Hunger games, other stuff similar to that
Favorite Games: legend of zelda, mario, kingdom hearts, Nintendo stuff
Favorite Movies: forgetting Sarah marshall, bolt
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: reel big fish, green day and marianas trench. No favorite artist
Favorite TV Shows: doctor who, family guy, how I met your mother
Interesting facts about yourself: I'm a boring piece of shet. But I have a nice plump butt
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Kid Cat
Type of person I would like to be friends with: people who won't make me feel bad about myself
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: people who make me feel bad about myself

I interpreted as him displaying an admiration for the subject of the poem, probably the same man that Shakespeare's earlier sonnets were written for, and wanting him to procreate because of his admiration with him. I think Shakespeare was saying he can't predict the future with astronomy but he can use the eyes of this man for guidance. That's how I interpreted it my first time reading it, at least, maybe if I looked over it again I'd think differently. I've never really analyzed it before.

Ah, that sounds really cool. I'd love to see a play, I never have. My class was supposed to see Macbeth last year but we never went through with it. How'd you like it?

That's interesting. Do you think that he and this man were lovers potentially? I thought the subject was a woman, actually, due to the desire for such beauty, etc. to be passed on--and that can only be done within a womb--within the eyes...the eyes are holding truth and beauty in the subject, while the womb is holding the actual child continuing that line of beauty and purity? I do think that you're right about the astronomy and how Shakespeare cannot predict the future but finds solace and stability in the subject's eyes.

Also--the play itself was overacted. It wasn't great. But I heard Twelfth Night was phenomenal. Too bad I didn't get to see it before it closed. I want to go to Shakespeare in the park at some point since I live close to NYC. Those performances are amazing apparently.

Back