Features that would have been nice.

Dizzie

Bells
I've been playing for a little now and already there are a few features I would have loved to have had.

Such features as
-Eviction notices
Such as being able to evict villagers but take a hit to your mayor rating.
-Housing designation
Being able to use a town project to prep a plot of land for a new resident. To prevent houses crushing your gardens and orchards. (Or maybe a fencing project to close larger areas)
-Ability to pave paths
Town project to pave paths with a pattern and paint tool.
-Pasting Patterns
It would have been nice if you could paste 5-10 patterns to existing clothes I'm order to pass them to friends and villagers rather than have to wait for them to randomly pick it up. Also it would have made it possible for people to sell patterns in game.

What do you guys think?

-Ability to send mail to other players online.
-Vegetable patches.
-Online Estate Agents (so like if you have a vacant spot you "place a wanted add" but essentially search other online towns for who is moving out? Something like that..

able to protect your town better. Like visitors are not able to trample your flowers or cut down trees. And can only take stuff with them when you give it to them. etc.

And indeed, able to choose where the next resident builds their homes.

able to protect your town better. Like visitors are not able to trample your flowers or cut down trees. And can only take stuff with them when you give it to them. etc.

It should be that only you can move or destroy flowers/items in your own town. Things would be so much easier that way.

Fish should scare away if your bobber lands on them - instead of them ignoring it and flowing down river at the same speed.

And why is Cyrus asleep if your gates are open? I cannot think of any reason for this,

Fish should scare away if your bobber lands on them - instead of them ignoring it and flowing down river at the same speed.

And why is Cyrus asleep if your gates are open? I cannot think of any reason for this,

That used to happen with the fish. Not sure why they got rid of it. They seem to have "tamed" the game, difficult bugs/fish are now easier to catch as they are more frequent (island) and now fish don't scare/ you can creep with the net etc.

That used to happen with the fish. Not sure why they got rid of it. They seem to have "tamed" the game, difficult bugs/fish are now easier to catch as they are more frequent (island) and now fish don't scare/ you can creep with the net etc.

I know, it seemed a silly thing to remove. It also bugs me when you release something small/catch something right as a shark appears and it scares the shark. - What shark would flee and cower from a seahorse. <_<;
Though creeping with the net was actually in the Gamecube game, it was randomly removed, but I'm glad it's back.

-Mail friends using Spotpass
-Project Catalog (to view your projects while building)
-Demolish projects faster (even if i have to pay full price.
-Reserve spots for future projects.
-more fun with residents outside of the main events, starting your own events as a mayor and invite friends.

can't think of more at the moment haha

• Building permit so can control where villagers move in.
  • Trade system.
  • Online trade system like an auction house.
  • Send mail to other towns via spot pass.
  • Some way to make people gate check axes!
  • Eminent domain, get out of the way of my bridge.
  • Being able to trade fish etc. Would be nice to help others complete catalog.
  • Visit the city with other players already there and a large furniture store.

That's my 2 cents, although I am loving the game as it is.

-Ability to pave paths (as mentioned) so they look natural but still able to make the general design of the paths.
-Since I think it is part of the fun to get villagers we hate all I ask is the ability to choose the general area they will move in.
-scrap grass wear.

Well restricting more of the online content isn't where I'd wanna go. Maybe have a friend and acquaintance mode you toggle on our off at the gate?

Last edited:
These are all such good ideas. I wonder why Nintendo doesn't use a larger beta group for feedback before releasing games. :(

-Demolish projects faster (even if i have to pay full price.)

Make a new character and they can put their house on top of/near enough it destroys most projects (barring bridges and permanent projects) Downside to this though is if you emove the house after you leave a large grassless patch. But it is instant and free!

Well restricting more of the online content isn't where I'd wanna go. Maybe have a friend and acquaintance mode you toggle on our off at the gate?

We do have that, we can chose to let in anyone from our friend list or just the people we have registered as best friends in game.

Oh and I forgot to add my own suggestion. Have more than 1 line of text available to speak to visitors. I have had to resort to text-speak and I HATE that.

Back