• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Fashion Show ( Vote please )

Would you be interested in entering or watching a monthly fashion show hosted on my island?

• No thank you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HaJi

Bells
Switch
2166-7136-4812
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Feedback
100% (129) +
Hello! I recently got another copy of ACNH and was inspired by RobberRoss on YouTube to perhaps put on a fashion show! In the stream they focused on mainstream cosplay, however in this rendition we would be judging on creativity, originality and attention to detail.I feel like it would be a fun addition to the Animal crossing community. Here's how it would work:

There will be 2 Judges
It is FREE to enter
There will be 3 contestants
Each contestant will need to prepare 4 outfits, One for each category.
Categories will be changed every month so that it's always interesting
The winner will be invited as a guest judge on the next run
The winner will win Bells and other prizes!
5 people will be able to come to the town and watch the runway and vote
People who would like to come to town to watch will be randomly drawn via generator so that its fair
Contestants are picked via generator and given notice via PM

Prizes would include: (To be updated )
40 Nook Miles Tickets

If this sounds fun and something everyone would like to participate in please vote! I would love to organize something cool and have something everyone can look forward to in Quarantine but also to be a fun away to unplug!

Disclaimer: Judges cannot also be a contestant. The categories will be announced on this post so that the people watching the fashion show live can also dress up themselves in the crowd! People who watch the livestream can also submit their outfits and it would be displayed after the contestants have done their runway look. It would not be for a price but it would still be a fun way to involve everyone.

If this is big enough I would also love to livestream it so that everyone can vote and participate !

Thank you for listening to my idea ( That once again i did get from RubberRoss on Youtube but would like to reinvent it and make it something everyone can enjoy outside of cosplay too!)
If i get enough votes then I will make a post with the first 3 contestant and more info on this thread

EDIT: (08/03/2020)
Hello all! The first fashion show is up and running! Please DM me if you'd like to be a contestant!

The Show will take place on :08/08/2020
Also please DM me if you'd like to watch!

The participants will know the categories but the audience will not until announced in gameplay. Everyone is encouraged to dress up when coming to the island whether you're in the audience or a contestant
as a reminder this is free but if you'd like to tip that's always appreciated

Last edited:
Can I come?
And also, will we be putting the outfit together at your island, or before?
Of course ^^ , It's open to everyone !
I would announce the Category in advance so that the contestants would be prepared coming to the island. There will be a place that everyone can get ready that is separate from the runway while others are walking the runway

Of course ^^ , It's open to everyone !
I would announce the Category in advance so that the contestants would be prepared coming to the island. There will be a place that everyone can get ready that is separate from the runway while others are walking the runway
Alright! When you're ready, you can also try Turnip.Exchange, and list for island for a fashion show if you want more people!

When is the fashion show? It's five o'clock here so I may not be available 😣
i just had this idea so I'm doing a poll to see if there's enough people who would like to do this. If so, I plan on doing the first show on the 14th which is 14 days after the poll ends so it gives me enough time to set everything up and make it fun ^^. If i make it sooner i'll definitely make a post mentioning it

edit: I might make multiple runs so that people in different time zones can all be in on the fun. Meaning the same 3 people would do their outfits 2 times and have two separate audiences

bump ^^ , I've also been considering changing this to weekly instead of monthly! Please remember to PM me if you'd like to be a contestant c:
EDIT: the prize will now include 20 Nook Miles Tickets

Would love to either be a judge or to just come to the island and watch the runaway.
Also willing to donate 10-20 Nook Miles Tickets if this goes well and if that's allowed?

Would love to either be a judge or to just come to the island and watch the runaway.
Also willing to donate 10-20 Nook Miles Tickets if this goes well and if that's allowed?
I dont have a first judge so I think it would be lovely if you could be the first judge! and I think thats a lovely offer and it would make the winning prize even more tempting. Thank you c:

Back