• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Fantasy Life General Thread

I DID walk into the gameshop, but it wasn't on the boards yet, probably only online.

So I am safe for now :D

Something I keep forgetting to ask; can you take pictures in this game (like you can do in e.g. Animal Crossing: New Leaf)?

Another very short trailer, but it does give a few images of the house customization:

Fellow Europeans, the downloadable version of Fantasy Life is 6,856 blocks (857 MB), which will take up nearly half of a 2GB SD Card. I'll add that information to my first post of the thread.

Source: Nintendo Everything

Last edited:
Something I keep forgetting to ask; can you take pictures in this game (like you can do in e.g. Animal Crossing: New Leaf)?

This is something I'm immensely curious about, as well. I'd LOVE to liveblog it on tumblr or something similar. It would be amazing if they let you take still screens like they do in AC.

Does anyone know if this is possible yet?

This is something I'm immensely curious about, as well. I'd LOVE to liveblog it on tumblr or something similar. It would be amazing if they let you take still screens like they do in AC.

Does anyone know if this is possible yet?

I'll be able to tell later (I should receive the game in a few hours) but I'm having doubts it's possible. I've been reading some reviews and what people were saying on other forums and I've never seen any mention of it. :(

I'll be able to tell later (I should receive the game in a few hours) but I'm having doubts it's possible. I've been reading some reviews and what people were saying on other forums and I've never seen any mention of it. :(

Correction; it seems you CAN take pictures in-game. I received the game but I don't have the time to begin playing now, but I did look through the little guide that came with it. From what I understand you need to talk to someone at the Guild Office to activate the option to take pictures and they're then saved on your SD card. So that's good news!

Oh, wow, the character customization in this game is AMAZING! They're so much you can change (eye color, eyes - with eyelashes or without -, hair style, hair color, ears, mouth, ...) and there's a few things you can even customize further (like place the eyes closer together or more apart from each other).

You have also six different voices, though I didn't hear that much of a difference, to be honest. But it's nice to have a choice! There are so many possibilities that it is quite difficult to decide (seriously; I didn't count, but you have over a dozen colors, hair styles, eyes, mouths and what not!)! In any case, it's easy enough to create a character that does not look like someone else's!

It took me a while but I finally created a character I'm happy with (I chose Paladin), so now to start the story and actual game itself!

A few things I wanted to add:

1) There was a warning about the game creating extra info on your SD card and if you erase said data, you loose all progress. Not sure if that's also the case for other games; it's the first time I've seen such a mention.

2) Before you even start the game (meaning before you even have a save file), you can already buy the DLC. You get the message saying you need to be level 50 and so on before you can play. The expansion is apparently only 2 blocks (is that possible? I thought it'd be more).

3) You have three save slots.

4) Your character's name can have only six letters (compared to eight in Animal Crossing: New Leaf) which isn't a lot but fortunately my name is only five characters long so I had no problems.

As soon as I figure out how to take pictures, I'll post one of my character! :blush:

Nice to hear all this! :D So many customizations, kyaaa, I am getting reaaaal tempted now.

And my character name is 7 letters DX Same as my username here... Owh well, I just take the final 'a' of and I'll be satisfied. Had to do the same for Harvest Moon.

Btw Libra, where in Europe are you from?

Correction; it seems you CAN take pictures in-game. I received the game but I don't have the time to begin playing now, but I did look through the little guide that came with it. From what I understand you need to talk to someone at the Guild Office to activate the option to take pictures and they're then saved on your SD card. So that's good news!

Woo hoo! Awesome! : ) Thanks a lot for the info. If possible, I'm even more excited for the game to come out in the USA now. (But that's a whole month away.)

I also chose Paladin and have completed the first 2 parts of the story, got my Paladin licence, saved the apples in the orchard from the thieves, earned enough bliss points to enable me to have a larger pouch, so now need some items to fill it with.

Need to know when it is a good idea to chAnge to Magician, my next choice, should we do several quests before changing, or get all the licences as soon as possible and the first task under our belt of each trade.

2) Before you even start the game (meaning before you even have a save file), you can already buy the DLC. You get the message saying you need to be level 50 and so on before you can play. The expansion is apparently only 2 blocks (is that possible? I thought it'd be more).
Looks like the island is already loaded onto the game cartridge; you just need to pay for the "key" to unlock the content. I guess it's good so I don't need to get a new memory card lol

Back