• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Fantasy Life General Thread

With that logic, this means my Japanese copy of Fantasy Life (with LINK! DLC) will only connect to anyone who have completed the main story and reached Level 50, which is the level cap you can actually reach before going to the Origin Island. I fear that this will probably take at least 45 hours before you eventually unlock its stories, in which I would end up waiting at least a week or so before anyone could technically connect with me, provided that they don't prevent Japanese players from playing with oversea players.

Also, the reviews are generally favorable for the game. Metacritic rated it 75/100 with 11 reviews at the time of writing this post.

Anyway, has anyone decided which Life they want to start with? :)

I was thinking one of the combat classes, so I can scout out areas with resources but not get killed by monsters haha.

With that logic, this means my Japanese copy of Fantasy Life (with LINK! DLC) will only connect to anyone who have completed the main story and reached Level 50, which is the level cap you can actually reach before going to the Origin Island. I fear that this will probably take at least 45 hours before you eventually unlock its stories, in which I would end up waiting at least a week or so before anyone could technically connect with me, provided that they don't prevent Japanese players from playing with oversea players.

Also, the reviews are generally favorable for the game. Metacritic rated it 75/100 with 11 reviews at the time of writing this post.

Oh wow 45 hours? @_@ Well, it's good to know the game will be long. I'll probably be very slowly playing through the game since I'm sort of drowning in school right now (and will continue to be for the foreseeable future). Looks like I'll be buying the DLC in mid December >_>

How would you rate the story? :eek:

1 MORE WEEK 'TIL I RUN AND BUY THIS GAME O 3 O

anyone know if it's any good? i watched lin and ko play it a while back...

Personally, I would start with any job that involves attacking monster for a much faster EXP gaining.
I would focus on being Paladin first and then Magician. The former job is well-rounded and well suited for beginners. It's even better once you became a Magician, just because you can heal yourself by using your wand rather than resorting to healing items. There are even certain wands that can be used while you're currently with any job, which is especially useful for Paladins because they'd usually don't bother on charging up their attacks since they don't do much more damage anyway (at least in my case).
I'd then go for the rest of the jobs in the following order: Archer, Mercenary, Miner/Woodcutter/Fisherman. All of the jobs I've mentioned will definitely help you have enough (if not more than enough) materials to work with for the rest of the jobs.

As for the story, I can't accurately rate it by myself with my insufficient Japanese reading skills. From what I heard, the story is supposedly getting you to know the characters, the locations, the monsters and whatnot. I did felt that the story started way too slowly and there's an abundant quantity of lines to read. Just don't expect a AAA storyline and you'll be fine with it.
One thing I've got to say for those who don't like plowing through the story, is that it's actually important completing the story chapters. Each will unlock certain previously inaccessible areas filled with different monsters waiting to be defeated.

My opinions for the game are generally positive. I like on how anyone could easily master the game and the sense of progression often tends to be satisfying enough to get you glued on the screens for months to come. What I didn't like much about the game is how nearly half of the jobs shares the same type of mini-game.

I'm a bit disappointed that they're delaying the US release for an entire month after Europe's. I thought the versions would be relatively similar, all things considered.

I'm still looking forward to the game, though! As an RPG player and avid Harvest Moon (and now AC) fan, I have the feeling I'll be sinking endless hours into this game.

I fear that this will probably take at least 45 hours before you eventually unlock its stories, in which I would end up waiting at least a week or so before anyone could technically connect with me, provided that they don't prevent Japanese players from playing with oversea players.

45 hours, huh? At the rate I'll be playing this game (I work full-time), it'll probably be a month before I get there. x_x At which point Disney Magical World will have come out and I'll probably get distracted with that and forget about the DLC for Fantasy Life, haha.

But no, seriously, I had been hoping we could play at least once together, if only because I'm curious what your character can do, given that it's so high-leveled. ^_^

Yeah! I've understood that part. But the DLC doesn't unlock until post-game, meaning the additional features of the expansion shouldn't affect multiplayer gameplay right off the bat, right?

Hm... So if you do have the expansion pack, but don't complete the main story you'd be able to connect with other people then? But I guess it'll be better to indeed wait until everyone has the DLC as well.

Anyway, has anyone decided which Life they want to start with? :)

First Paladin, then Magician and after that I might flip a coin or see what I think is interesting enough. TheBigJC7777777 was kind enough to give me some advice and suggestions via PM, so I'll be doing as suggested. ^_^

Ah ah ah, oops. I just checked and I only have 5.57 EUR left so I can't even buy the DLC. x_x (Hm, I guess I might buy the Pirates of the Caribbean DLC for Disney Magical World instead?)

Anyway, Fantasy Life is 39.99 EUR on the eShop, so Amazon France has it 5.09 EUR cheaper.

I'm still curious about the in-game DLC, though. I know there are items that make you give more EXP or what not, but I'm having trouble finding more info about those. Maybe it's a Japan-only thing? (Not sure if that would make a lot of sense, though...)

Two more interesting videos (from here)! :)

I'm not sure how exactly fishing works (looks quite different from Animal Crossing: New Leaf), but I do like the music that is playing here! It's relaxing and I can see myself doing this to well... relax, haha. (I'm looking forward to learning how exactly to do this, though; because what's with the arrows and stuff? I'm guessing it's not just "push A button and hope for the best"?)

And the same for woodcutting. Seems a bit more complicated than simply "push A button three times". And the little sound/cry/whateveryouwanttocallit the character makes while cutting the Great Oak Tree made me laugh.

Being good on both Woodcutter and Miner is also finding its weak spot and continually hitting the tree/stone. Some of them even changes its soft spot from time to time.

Here comes three more videos! One involves Blacksmith, one for Carpenter and another for Tailor. They share the same type of mini-game. The greater the quality of your product is, the better its stats will be. I think that the clear time and the experience on making said product influences on its quality.

Last edited:
I WANT THIS GAME WHY DOES EUROPE GET THE COOL GAMES EARLIER THAN NA. OK FIRST IT WAS BRAVELY DEFAULT THEN THIS OK I KNOW NA GETS SOME GAMES EARLIER TOO BUT THEYRE LOSER UGLY BORING GAMES SO WHO CARES

I WANT THIS GAME WHY DOES EUROPE GET THE COOL GAMES EARLIER THAN NA. OK FIRST IT WAS BRAVELY DEFAULT THEN THIS OK I KNOW NA GETS SOME GAMES EARLIER TOO BUT THEYRE LOSER UGLY BORING GAMES SO WHO CARES

You always get harvest moon and animal crossing games months before us usually, new leaf being the exception of 5 days :c

Preordered fantasy life last week the hype is truly on!!!!!!!!!!!

You always get harvest moon and animal crossing games months before us usually, new leaf being the exception of 5 days :c

Preordered fantasy life last week the hype is truly on!!!!!!!!!!!

That's nice.

justice has a point

Last edited:

dude u gamburgers got disney magical world first, we still havent got it yet

dude u gamburgers got disney magical world first, we still havent got it yet

but disney magical world sucks
ok id rather get the good games like this and bravely default early rather than getting some disney magical world game can we switch release dates for the region ok thanks

Owh gosh I want this game O_O Butbutbut I know I shouldn't... Still have Harvest Moon to play, but this is just sooo adorable <3

I am going into town this afternoon... So many game shops to pass by~ And I live in The Netherlands, so it is in the shops starting today >_<

Last edited:
Back