FaceTime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyeforce

Bells
Any FaceTime users here?

For those of you who don't know, FaceTime is Apple's video calling service introduced on the iPhone 4. It was then implemented in the new 4th generation iPod touches, and now it's even available for Mac OS X. Yes, that means it's possible to use FaceTime not only between iPhones, but also between iPhones and iPods, iPods and other iPods, and even iPhones/iPods and Macs.

I have an iPhone 4, but I haven't really used FaceTime that much until recently. This past Saturday, I FaceTimed one of my friends who couldn't make it to my birthday party because they were visiting their family in Chicago. Needless to say, it was pretty darn cool (and seeing her chinchillas was awesome, too, lol). I also just used it again today (er, I guess yesterday, since I'm posting this after midnight, lol) to tell that same friend that FaceTime is now available for Mac. And with the new Mac support, I really think FaceTime is going to kick off even more than it already has, and I'm really excited for it. (Now if only my family back in Pennsylvania would get an iPhone 4, 4th generation iPod touch, or Mac... >_>)

And, yes, if anyone here would like to FaceTime me, you're more than welcome to. (I can't guarantee that I'll be able to answer at that given moment, though.) You can FaceTime my Mac via my e-mail (Gmail, not MobileMe), or my iPhone if you know my phone number.

The time has come. HE will now guide us into this brave new world of iPhone 4 and FaceTime. I have tasted the forbidden Apple, and its fruit is truly sweethttp://www.youtube.com/v/BWerj8FcprM&autoplay=1 Remember what I have said here, and think well of me and our kind. Above all else, do not dwell on the things of this world.

Farewell brethren, for now I must depart for Steve Jobs' heavenly embrace.

*trevor said:
The time has come. HE will now guide us into this brave new world of iPhone 4 and FaceTime. I have tasted the forbidden Apple, and its fruit is truly sweethttp://www.youtube.com/v/BWerj8FcprM&autoplay=1 Remember what I have said here, and think well of me and our kind. Above all else, do not dwell on the things of this world.

>_> XD

I ordered Snow Leopard today (I needed it for iLife '11) so I'll probably end up getting facetime when it comes in, also.

*trevor said:

Oh my God.
What are you Trevor?
xD

ATWA said:
Tyeforce said:
(and seeing her chinchillas was awesome, too, lol)
I thought you were gay?
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>>_></div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
67707_439514048371_722658371_5493163_4456966_n.jpg
</div>

//RUN.exe said:
it's like i'm really on skype!!
It's better than Skype, though. You don't have to have the application open or anything to call and receive calls, and you can use your existing phone number (or e-mail address for iPod touch and Mac). I find Skype to be a big hassle, which is why I don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back