• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Excitebike 3D to be given away for free

rafren

why am i still here
Bells
And I quote from Wired.com

Wired.com said:
As an incentive to get users updating their Nintendo 3DS system software, Nintendo will give everyone who does so a free 3-D version of the classic Excitebike game, it said Tuesday. ?For the system update, we need to have consumers voluntarily go online with their Nintendo 3DS,? said Nintendo president Satoru Iwata at a Tokyo briefing for investors and media. ?We are planning to do some promotional activities in order to urge them to do so.? The game will only be available for free for a limited time, Iwata said.
(I prefer this plan to Sony?s method of ?urging? users to upgrade their PSPs, which is to lock them out of playing any new games until they do.)
Excitebike will be part of Nintendo?s ?3D Classics? line of games for its digital eShop, which will launch with that same system update at the end of May. These are classic games from Nintendo?s retro hardware with depth effects added, so that the 2-D sprites now appear to be sitting on separated planes. Wired.com got a demo of this visual trick at E3, where Nintendo showed several classic NES, Super Nintendo and arcade games with 3-D upgrades.
The 3D Classics line will launch with the eShop, as will the Virtual Console service, which features unretouched games from the Game Boy and Game Boy Color hardware. Sega?s Game Gear and NEC?s TurboGrafx will be added at a later date, Iwata said.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/04/3ds-excitebike/

Sounds great.

Megaman Legends 3 "Prototype"was old news, so I thought most of you knew. :/

I'll quote it anyways.

Wired.com said:
Mega Man Legends 3 ‘Prototype’ Will Launch With 3DS eShop

Nintendo 3DS owners will be able to purchase an early version of Mega Man Legends 3 next month, publisher Capcom said Thursday.
Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version will be available for download on the 3DS eShop as soon as it launches. Nintendo has said its portable system’s digital store will be out in late May, so we can expect the game in about a month.

According to Capcom, Prototype Version will include a number of stages as well as a debug menu, allowing players to “see a game still early in the development process.” You’ll also get to test out one of the game’s new protagonists, a “sky biker” named Barrett, and play around with some levels that aren’t quite finished yet.

The Japanese version of the game will cost 200 yen or roughly $2, so we can expect the U.S. version to be priced around there. Someone more cynical might question why Capcom is asking gamers to pay for what’s essentially a glorified demo, but I am filled with optimism and rainbows, so I think this is a neat idea.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/04/mega-man-legends-3-prototype/

Last edited:
POKEMON YELLOW 3D PLEASE

It'll be nice if Nintendo makes an additional feature that lets you transfer 'mons to BW and make the game think it's a Gen IV game.

Back