• For our final bonus event, answer 18 challenging questions in The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Quiz! Submit your answers by Saturday, August 31st at 11:59 PM EDT to earn anywhere from 0 - 9 extra tickets and throwback tickets. Good luck!

epic cupcakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1llon

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
http://i.imgur.com/CR5u9.jpg

i want them now D:

original thread~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/food/comments/d6lwm/i_baked_a_mini_cherry_pie_into_a_dark_chocolate/

recipe~~~~~
"Sure! Though, I actually totally cheated and used mostly pre-made ingredients (save for the frosting). More than anything, I just wanted to see if it'd work.

First, I used Pilsbury pie dough and cherry filling to make the mini pies. I cut 24 circles of dough, pressed 12 into the bottom of mini cupcake tins, filled with cherry pie filling, and then topped them off with the other 12 circles. (I used my finger to spread a drop of water along the edges of the dough to help ensure the two pieces stuck together and sealed well.)

Cut a small X into the top of each pie, to allow the steam to escape. Bake for about 20 minutes (until the dough is cooked but just barely starts to brown) at 375 degrees. Mine overflowed like crazy, but since they'll be covered with batter, they don't have to be pretty.

Let them cool for about 20 minutes or so, then mix up the cake!

Then I used Betty Crocker dark chocolate cake mix and mixed that according to instructions. I poured about a half inch of batter into each paper-lined cupcake tin, then plopped the mini pies into that (don't press all the way to the bottom, though, they'll kind of settle in on their own). I topped each mini pie with just enough batter to cover the top and all edges of the pie. (It'll be close to the top, but try not to fill ALL the way to the top of the cupcake tin--I had a couple like that and they overflowed all over while baking. Tasted good, but looked ugly.)

I baked them for about 25ish minutes at 350 degrees.

Let cool!

For the frosting I whipped 2 sticks of room temperature butter (unsalted or salted, your choice--I prefer unsalted) with 2 cups powdered sugar and the seeds from one vanilla bean. I love vanilla bean.

Then frost when cool! I sprinkled some chunky sugar on the top for a little bit of crunch. And an extra helping of the diabeetus."

D:
how? I want to bake them but I fail at cooking, my ramen noodles always come out messed up, same with pancakes ):

d7crab said:
D:
how? I want to bake them but I fail at cooking, my ramen noodles always come out messed up, same with pancakes ):
chocolate cherries in cupcake form? can i get a *censored.3.0* year?

lol noodles. just let them boil for 3-4 minutes or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back