• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

E3 Expo countdown/discussion!

If this thread is to discuss E3 in general, should it be in The Gamer's Lounge?

I changed the first post a little, but I think the name is ok.

I noticed the name change after I posted that.
My 3DS doesn't allow me the edit my posts in this forum for reason.

Anyway..... it's Saturday April 7th and nearly 7pm for me right now.
I am glad that the name was changed for discussion and countdown.
So anyone heard any E3 related news?

I noticed the name change after I posted that.
My 3DS doesn't allow me the edit my posts in this forum for reason.

Anyway..... it's Saturday April 7th and nearly 7pm for me right now.
I am glad that the name was changed for discussion and countdown.
So anyone heard any E3 related news?

I've got some Wii U news from the WiiUBlog that I'm not sure if anyone is interested in.
heres what it says

ViviTouch.jpg

A long while ago, we heard rumours that the Wii U’s controller may have haptic technology. This allows a flat display to provide a sensation of texture when touched (meaning you could make a rock feel like a rock, or grass feel like grass). Those rumours never went anyway, but it has been revealed that ViviTouch, a haptic technology company, will have a booth at E3 2012, and it’s been tagged as being related to the Wii U.

The instant (and understandable) reaction is to believe that maybe ViviTouch is working with Nintendo to make those rumours come to life, and technically that could be the case, but I don’t expect to see haptic technology built-in to the Wii U’s controller. What is much more likely going to happen is ViviTouch will unveil a “shell” for the controller that adds the technology as a peripheral. This wouldn’t be as exciting, unfortunately, but at least it’d be more interesting than most peripherals for the Wii.

but there is also this rumor - the discussion of haptic feedback has been discussed at Nintendo, but may not be part of the final Wii U controller

Now this, seems very interesting. I'd love if it turned out to be true.

Last edited:
Kip,
That is very interesting. I'd love to know more about it. But I'm a little confused, does it mean that when you touch the screen a rock feels like a rock and the grass really feels like grass? I thought everything would feel flat and smooth because of the screen. Let me know if I'm missing something lol

Kip,
That is very interesting. I'd love to know more about it. But I'm a little confused, does it mean that when you touch the screen a rock feels like a rock and the grass really feels like grass?

Yup that's pretty much it! but it also applies to many other things as well, such as buttons, metal, wood, etc!

Though the news is interesting.
I'm not sure it is possible to make a game rock feel like a rock.
Atleast not without drastically changing the flexibility of the screen/controller.

Though the news is interesting.
I'm not sure it is possible to make a game rock feel like a rock.
Atleast not without drastically changing the flexibility of the screen/controller.

Actually it is, they've already started doing these things. If it can fit in a phone then it can definitely fit in a controller.

I've got some Wii U news.

Would be an interesting idea for something not included with the Wii U. Maybe like an add on or.. something.
It's cool and everything, but I'm still not impressed that they are still selling the controller off as the main deal. I like the idea, but come on Nintendo, show us your console. =/

Oh sorry, I meant to reply to Ti4458. lol

Oh, about the release date? Fall is a pretty good estimate right now, but late summer sounds a lot better. lol

@bacon Have you seen anything about the Wii U implementing the new "can't play used games" nonsense? The next PS console is going to be supporting it, so when you buy a game, you have to link it to you PSN. Once it's linked, it won't work on any other console unless you're using your PSN account on it. Microsoft is probably going to be using it as well.

@bacon Have you seen anything about the Wii U implementing the new "can't play used games" nonsense? The next PS console is going to be supporting it, so when you buy a game, you have to link it to you PSN. Once it's linked, it won't work on any other console unless you're using your PSN account on it. Microsoft is probably going to be using it as well.

Are you serious? That makes me so mad! I almost always buy used because I can't afford buying new...Now I won't get discounts with my rewards card for buying used! ><
Also I only just bought AC:CF and my Wii keeps shutting down in the middle of my game saying "Error can't read disk". I don't want to have to buy a new Wii to continue playing it if I can't just move it over to the Wii U (assuming I really want a Wii U).

Are you serious? That makes me so mad! I almost always buy used because I can't afford buying new...Now I won't get discounts with my rewards card for buying used! ><
Also I only just bought AC:CF and my Wii keeps shutting down in the middle of my game saying "Error can't read disk". I don't want to have to buy a new Wii to continue playing it if I can't just move it over to the Wii U (assuming I really want a Wii U).

I just got my magazine for this month in the mail. Microsoft won't be using it, and it seems that Sony is seeing how bad the idea is now. Nintendo won't use it for sure. BUT some cool things. The new Xbox has a 50/50 chance of having a blu-ray player. They said that with the low prices of bluray players now, it wouldn't be giving Sony much of a push if it were implemented into Xbox.
Nintendo is also, 80% sure changing the name for the Wii U, due to the confusion and overall dislike for it.
and I haven't read anything about the Wii U having backwards compatibility for Wii games.

Oh, and sadly. You can only use one Wii U screen controller on a console. So it won't support any other screen controllers, just normal ones. Which I've not seen any pictures of yet.

Back