• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Does anyone here like to sniff sharpie markers?

Uh, what settings on my eyeballs can I go to to unread something? 😳😂 Crikey... no, I'm already nutty in the head as it is, I don't need substances such as permanent markers to further deteriorate my sanity. 🤪

Only if it’s the fruit-scented ones from childhood, but even then I wouldn’t take big sniffs of them
IMG_2750.png

IMG_7257.jpeg

Only if it’s the fruit-scented ones from childhood, but even then I wouldn’t take big sniffs of them View attachment 553770

View attachment 553769
aww i loved these! i can remember the smell of the lavender and pink ones so vividly @_@;;

but same, other than these intentionally nice-ish smelling markers i don't sniff markers, it makes me nauseous

Nope. I don't like the smell of permanent markers at all so I try to avoid getting them close to my face. I did like Mr. Sketch markers, though! The red, orange and blue ones were especially nice but I wouldn't go out of my way to sniff them.

I just googled the side effects of smelling sharpies and apparently it can lead to sudden sniffing death syndrome?

i did back in the day as a curious kid, but now? i can't stand the smell, i avoid using sharpies if i can. i don't know if its cause i'm older now but the smell is extra strong (maybe its always been that way though). i don't even like it when others use sharpies around me. the fruity smelling markers are tolerable but still too strong for me now.

I use Sharpies at work but the scent isn't what I would call pleasant.Back in the olden days,there were some school supplies that did smell kinda good:

How-to-Make-Glue.jpg

Ah,good ol' thick,white school paste.I'm not sure what it was made of but it did have a nice,minty scent and I imagine it might have tasted alright.I remember that it was non-toxic because there was a girl named Melanie in my first grade class who used to eat this and she didn't die that year.

9sqb2oam9rx61.jpg

Now here was an unforgettable smell......mimeograph or what was more commonly known as ditto paper.Whenever a teacher gave a quiz or a test they'd run off as many copies as they needed on a mimeograph machine and sometimes,if we were lucky,they'd hand them out shortly afterwards and they'd be cold to the touch and have a smell that is best described as sweet,somewhat chemically ink.Ah,the good old days.

Back