Doctor Who Games for Wii and Nintendo DS Confirmed!

Tyeforce

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Various online shops have now listed two new Doctor Who related games to be released by Nintendo. On the DS platform comes Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth, whilst the Wii platform will see Doctor Who: Return to Earth; it is uncertain when these scheduled to be released (Amazon lists them for the 29th October, Play for the 19th November).

No other details on the games are known at present.
http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/2010/08/doctor-who-games-for-nintendo.html

nintendo-evacuationearth.jpg

nintendo-returntoearth.jpg

How much you wanna bet they're not going to be released in the US? >_> Looks like I'm gonna have to import... =/

Tyeforce said:
Various online shops have now listed two new Doctor Who related games to be released by Nintendo. On the DS platform comes Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth, whilst the Wii platform will see Doctor Who: Return to Earth; it is uncertain when these scheduled to be released (Amazon lists them for the 29th October, Play for the 19th November).

http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/2010/08/doctor-who-games-for-nintendo.html

How much you wanna bet they're not going to be released in the US? >_> Looks like I'm gonna have to import... =/
Certain DS games arent region locked soo you will be fine

I saw this on Gallifrey Base this morning, people on there were talking about how the Box-art looks like someones just gone on photoshop.

Anyway, I'm gonna get these, even if they're rated 3. Probably gonna have to import Tye, lucky me living in the UK! (Will Japan get these games, just wanna know.)

Shovelware? :gyroidconfused:

This morning everyone was going on about how this could be fake and now information is popping up everywhere!

Megamannt125 said:
David said:
rofl, look at the rating.
What's wrong? Not mature enough for very mature and edgy gamers like yourself?
Games with low ratings such as (using the UK rating system) "7-12+" can be fun, but when something is rated 3+ it means its equivalent to the Early Childhood rating, we have here in the Americas. and games rated at the "EC" rating, generally only have content suitable for little toddlers, or autistic kids. For example; Franklin the Turtle, Dora the Explorer; Journey to Purple Planet, Elmo's preschool Deluxe Edition, etc etc.

Megamannt125 said:
David said:
Well the fact that it's rated 3 will rip away the essence of what is Doctor Who, not to mention the fact that it'll most likely be aimed to as young of a crowd as possible, and therefore removing 90% of the story aspect.

Jas0n said:
Megamannt125 said:
David said:
Well the fact that it's rated 3 will rip away the essence of what is Doctor Who, not to mention the fact that it'll most likely be aimed to as young of a crowd as possible, and therefore removing 90% of the story aspect.
True, most/basically all of the Doctor Who episodes that are on DVD are rated 12, so technically the games should be rated 12.

I have a strong feeling know this is going to turn out to be shovelware.

Tyeforce said:

Would you put them images in a spoiler please?

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">kthxbai</div>

I don't understand why people can't come up with original ideas anymore? I mean I'm fine with games in a series, but when you start basing games off of movies and tv series, that's where I lose hope.

Back