• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you think system only minigames should return?

For example New Horizons which will not allow you to share patterns, dream or have all the fruit without paying for their Online :(

Which was all free in New Leaf :(
When I heard you could only get 2 types of fruit not counting coconuts in NH without online I was SO SO SURPRISED. I thought it would atleast have a chance like in new leaf or past games when you do tasks for tehm and sometimes fruit was the gift. Or sending letters that say please send fruit! Which surprisingly made it so 95% of the letters sent fruit which is CRAZY I did that once in CF to all my villagers and got all fruits. I LOVE collecting fruit, I feel like that is like your beginner goal to get them all. We already dont have many and the fact that you can only get 2 BAFFLES me. Like thats really stingy. Same for Dreams and Patterns like I feel like Nintendo has really become more about the money and less consumer friendly ever since the switch became popular.
Post automatically merged:

Are you talking about the e cards or the memory cards? Sorry, I don't know which one you were talking about. 😅 There's something charming about playing games within a game. To me, it feels like the devs went out of their way to add stuff that genuinely feels something meaningful. I got New Leaf in 2015, two years after it was released in North America at least. So getting a significant free update the next year pleasantly caught me by surprise as it's very unusual for Nintendo to do something like this.

My main gripes with the gaming industry in general are how games are centred around online, with some even having it as a requirement to get the full enjoyment of the game. To go to the extreme, there are a few where you'd be only able to access and save your game progress if you have internet. If you don't, well, too bad. It definitely sucks for people who don't have internet at all and the burden shouldn't have to be placed on the consumers buying the games requiring internet.
What I meant was that the E cards were used to scan and get certain NES games and thats all!. To PLAY them you just need an extra block of memory on your memory card! Sorry for the confusion! But also I hate how it is like Online is TRASH on switch, not the games but the servers. Like we are PAYING $20 a year for this. Literally free online on Splatoon 1 has a 30% HIGHER tick rate then Splatoon 2 on the switch with paid online. I still love the switch and its games but just not as much as my 3DS and Wii U. I hate the gaming industry recently. Atleast Nintendo isnt EA.
1642688864849.png

Yes!!! I especially loved puzzle league, there was a point in time where I would only log onto my new leaf town to play puzzle league.

Yes!!! I especially loved puzzle league, there was a point in time where I would only log onto my new leaf town to play puzzle league.
SO TRUE! I loved it so so much! Also because of my AC figures, I loved how they all had special powers! All the figures had different powers! Mabel was my favorite because she made it so that you could click on any blocks for like 10 seconds and instantly delete them! It made it soo easy! Puzzle League was THE BEST 👏

I remember WAY back in gamecube days the ingame NES games we could play, they were fun to collect as they were uncommon but i never bothered with them.
if i can remember right when i played New Leaf i only played the island getaway to get the prizes for certian achievements sent to me in the post i never enjoyed them.
And considering nintendo have said we wont be getting anymore free or paid updates i would say that what features we have in New Horizons is it.

Well, when you have a failed game and a need to sell a line of amiibo that didn't sell, you want to rescue anything you can. New Leaf had it easy as Desert Island Escape was ported from amiibo Festival which is a luxury NH doesn't enjoy, so it was something the devs could do to try to save some of the assets and ideas. NH didn't have any of those, and while it still would have been nice to have some minigames, the ship has already sailed.

Even then, for better or worse, a subscription to NSO also gives you like 50+ full games to play (reminiscent of the GC version having games included), so it kind of evens out. Not saying that online services being a paid-affair is good, but that's how the world works.

Last edited:
Well, when you have a failed game and a need to sell a line of amiibo that didn't sell, you want to rescue anything you can. New Leaf had it easy as those minigames were ported from amiibo Festival which is a luxury NH doesn't enjoy, so it was something the devs could do to try to save some of the assets and ideas. NH didn't have any of those, and while it still would have been nice to have some minigames, the ship has already sailed.

Even then, for better or worse, a subscription to NSO also gives you like 50+ full games to play (reminiscent of the GC version having games included), so it kind of evens out. Not saying that online services being a paid-affair is good, but that's how the world works.
DIE was in Amiibo Festival but PL wasnt so that was new! They still had to add all the character models for the WA villagers and stuff but I can see how its easier. Can I just say in general I hate how Nintendo makes AC amiibos like we are in the AF and HHD era where very few people wnated them we ARE NOT THERE ANYMORE. STOP WITH THE FALSE SCARCITY NITNENDO. I HAVE very few cards I still need to complete my sets and it makes me sad that they are scalped. NSO does give us NES but its not as charming :(

DIE was in Amiibo Festival but PL wasnt so that was new! They still had to add all the character models for the WA villagers and stuff but I can see how its easier. Can I just say in general I hate how Nintendo makes AC amiibos like we are in the AF and HHD era where very few people wnated them we ARE NOT THERE ANYMORE. STOP WITH THE FALSE SCARCITY NITNENDO. I HAVE very few cards I still need to complete my sets and it makes me sad that they are scalped. NSO does give us NES but its not as charming :(
Apologies for the mistake, was confused and will edit.

I don't really fault Nintendo for being stingy with the amiibo cards, the previous line burned them hard and their usual not-risky selves probably means preferring to leave some money on the table than getting bit on the butt again.

Apologies for the mistake, was confused and will edit.

I don't really fault Nintendo for being stingy with the amiibo cards, the previous line burned them hard and their usual not-risky selves probably means preferring to leave some money on the table than getting bit on the butt again.
Well I understand that! But when they are almost always instock on the UK or Japanese Nintendo online store then.... Can we atleast have them on the online storeeeee???? But I understand if they didnt want that to happen again.

I'd like to play desert island escape in NH again, I enjoyed it and the puzzle game in NL.

They should also bring back the island minigames, those were fun

It's kind of wild that they didn't ANY mini-games period. I wasn't expecting the NES games they had in ACGC, that would've cut into their profits too much :rolleyes: but I would've loved any kind of mini-game. I still boot up ACNL and play the island mini-games from time to time. Considering how much I pay for online access, it really sucks that they haven't included any.

I'd never say no to new content. Desert Island Escape was a fun distraction, with earned items being a bonus. Puzzle League was... Fine, but hampered by the fact that unless you had certain Amiibo, it started to become next to impossible to clear some stages.

A return of the NES titles, or even perhaps something similar to the quarry from Pocket Camp would be neat -- Maybe once a day you can redeem miles to get rare materials, or something?

I loved those mini games! After I quit playing regular ACNL game play I went on every day just to play puzzle league haha. I was so obsessed with that minigame that I broke my 3DS joystick cap from hardcore puzzle leaguing... lol. I'd love to see some sort of mini-games return as well as other island games.

I would love to see them return!! Specially the island one, it was so unexpectedly fun, I have spent so many hours playing them. Also it was a nice surprise when they mailed you special furniture/clothes for achieving high scores on them. When I got burned out of new leaf I pretty much only opened the game to play them.

It still triggers me how they brought back Kapp'n yet they never brought back the minigames. I just went "Nintendo why do you have to be such a pain?" It is such a slap in the face how people waited this long for mini games to come back only for it to not happen at all and Nintendo says this is the "last major update"? I really hate to sound negative, but it just really makes you wonder what were they thinking.
Iirc, they said this was the last *free* update, so most likely we will get more updates in the future, but they will be paid DLC (which sucks because the base game itself is already expensive....)

I would love for the minigames to return! One of the major complaints I've heard from friends was that they wanted to be able to do more when playing online. I think there's a good chance that Nintendo listens to this feedback and that they could return in the next Animal Crossing game.

Back