• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you set-up your TP over or under?

Do you set-up your TP over or under?

• Over

• Under

• Other (Please explain...)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xeleron

Bells
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Asking the important questions! 🤣 😂

Over-versus-Under-The-Toilet-Paper-Debate.jpg

Personally, I do over (which is what I think most people do), but there is a CRUCIAL benefit to having your toilet paper roll under that a lot of people don’t realize!!!
The biggest benefit of having your TP under is that no matter how hard your fur babies try to play with the roll it won’t unravel (unless they start chewing on it or pulling on it).

Funny-Cats-And-Dogs-Vs-Toilet-Paper-Compilation-2014-NEW.jpg

What’s your preference and are there any benefits to it?

IMPORTANT! This is supposed to be a silly lighthearted thread, it doesn’t matter how strongly your feeling about what the ‘right’ way is supposed to be, there is NO right answer, so don’t be rude to those who “go against the grain”!

in my apartment going under wouldnt make much sense since theres so little space between the toilet and the sink so I have mine over

I think Over makes more sense. If it's under I have to tuck my hand down and it's awkward for me. But it really doesn't matter that much to me. I'll just place it on the roll however which way.

under, in my bathroom there's a vent right under where the roll sits and if it's blowing while the tp is hanging over i end up walking in to a whole roll of toilet paper all over the floor

Usually over, but most recently I’ve been choosing the “don’t even bother” method where I just place it on top & not even bother putting the toilet paper thru the roll. 😅

I don't have a toilet paper holder in my bathroom, so the roll just sits on the back of the toilet. I thought about adding one, but the room is way too cramped as it is.

If I had the option, I would always place it over.

Asking the important questions! 🤣 😂

Over-versus-Under-The-Toilet-Paper-Debate.jpg

Personally, I do over (which is what I think most people do), but there is a CRUCIAL benefit to having your toilet paper roll under that a lot of people don’t realize!!!
The biggest benefit of having your TP under is that no matter how hard your fur babies try to play with the roll it won’t unravel (unless they start chewing on it or pulling on it).

Funny-Cats-And-Dogs-Vs-Toilet-Paper-Compilation-2014-NEW.jpg

What’s your preference and are there any benefits to it?

IMPORTANT! This is supposed to be a silly lighthearted thread, it doesn’t matter how strongly your feeling about what the ‘right’ way is supposed to be, there is NO right answer, so don’t be rude to those who “go against the grain”!

I have my toilet rolls under and the biggest reason is because there are 4 cats in the house and toilet rolls are their pastime if they are left to their own devices when the humans are not around. It makes it harder for the cat to destroy the whole roll. Another reason is because it's harder to pull a large amount of toilet paper when it's under so you don't waste toilet paper. In my family, we usually only use toilet paper to dry ourselves after using the bidet. Over is the right way though if you have a toilet paper holder with a lid, the lid is meant to protect the toilet paper from germs as well as a means to separate your toilet paper :unsure:

I don't have a preference. In my house I don't really pay attention to what direction it is when I replace it, but my dorm bathroom had 2 TP holders right next to each other so I'd always make sure one was over and the other was under in case someone (there were 5 of us sharing one bathroom) was picky about it

I always do it over. It just feels super awkward trying to grab it when it's under.

Over because im not a Heathen.

Although its funny because no one else in my household is phased by it? Meanwhile it bugs me to no end of it goes under. It's just... >:O

Back