• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you prefer to carry cash or card?

How do you pay?

• I prefer cash.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • I prefer card.

Votes: 47 74.6%

• Total voters
I have always paid with card, I don’t have a wallet big enough to carry cash. And if I’m given change back I have no where to store it. Paying by card is just convenient for me.

Definitely card. I don’t carry cash very often, and it’s just way more convenient to pay for things with a card because I hate getting change back

I try to make sure to have both cash and card on hand at all times, no matter where I go. I kinda like to mix it up, sometimes pay with cash, sometimes pay with my card. If I go to a place with a faulty card reader, I have the cash at the ready, but if I miscalculate the price of something and don't have enough cash that's when my card comes in handy. In the summertime I always make sure to have a couple of bucks just to be able to buy an Italian ice from a vendor at every corner, that's always one of my favorite ways of spending pocket money.

Both. Some places don't have credit card systems set up. You're not going to go to a yardsale and expect to use your credit, some restaurants don't accept tips on cards ect. So it's always good to keep cash. I have a small business where I give goods/service for a good price. It's annoying when someone gives me a check because how do I know it's not going to bounce?

I usually buy things by card, whether I'm making an online purchase or at stores. It's just more convenient for me to use my debit card since it helps to keep track of my purchases, and I seldom pay for things with cash. Though I still carry some cash with me once in a while in case I want it to buy a snack from the vending machine or if I run into any other situation that requires me to use my cash.

I would massively prefer cash but I always forget to go to the ATM so I usually don't have any on me. Maybe I'll get better at it at some point...

I just buy things by card, since it's a lot easier and a lot quicker for me than trying to handle cash and any change that I end up receiving.

I prefer to pay with a card, but I do always carry $20-$40 on my for emergencies. I also carry about $2-$5 in coins for random things that might come up, like parking meters or coin-pay entry gates. Even though now I’ve seen that they’ve started to accept cards too. I guess I get that from the days of going downtown with my dad when I was a kid and him always carrying a bunch of change for the meters.

Always card for me! I love collecting points on my credit card, and it's easier to see what I'm spending online. Lately I've taken it a step further and have been even using Apple Pay on my phone, which I think I prefer over actual cards even. When I worked retail I noticed more and more customers paying with Apple Watches which is even better I think.

I prefer using cards over cash payments. I like to keep things to a minimal in my wallet or bag.

I don't like paying with card at alot of places, especially since I only have my debit card and no credit card yet. I will NOT use my debit card for online shopping, I get a prepaid card, thou I have been scammed before with those.

I try to carry cash on me at all times. Since I never pay a food place with my card, that means I also tip in cash. I refuse to tip with a card after finding out that tip gets taxed. I do use my card at certain places like the grocery store so when my monthly bank thingy comes, I can easily keep track of how much I spent on groceries. It is also helpful when I'm spending alot at one place and don't have *all* the cash on me, but I would still prefer cash. Makes returns easier, I can physically see what I've spent and have left, stuff like that.

I only use the card my dad gave me to pay for gas at the pump mostly because it is a business credit card linked to his auto repair shop’s account. As for online purchases, I either use the site’s own gift cards or I get a Visa gift card with the amount or closest amount to what I need so that even if my account on the site I bought anything was ever hacked, the hacker won’t get anything or nothing over $2 at most as there is no actual bank account connected to the gift card.

Definitely card to be honest. Carrying too much cash around is just asking for trouble.

Card for points usually. The only time I carry cash is if I've sold something locally, and typically use that when I shop at small businesses, the market (mostly cash stalls,) or somewhere that imposes an extra charge for card use.

I haven't used either in years I don't even carry my wallet, in Denmark you can just tap your phone, or smart watch on the terminal and it will charge your bank account.

Carrying around cash is very inconvenient in every way for me. Card is much easier and faster as most times it’s paywave so you can tap and go. I have barely used cash since getting a debit card many years ago.

Card - I am an absolute small fool and if I lose my card its much less damage than losing cash. I can just cancel my card so its swag

I honestly don't prefer either of them.

Cash always include counting when you only have small exchanges left, but I like to see the actual cash so it's easier to figure out how much you actually spent money.

Card and cash both stressing me out when leaving from the cashier, because I don't like to stay there and put my card/cash back to the wallet and wallet back to the bag it feels like a lot of work when you feel like you need to hurry.

So I do prefer using my phone or watch to pay my shopping. Phone just easily sliding back to the pocket and watch you don't have to do nothing about it.

Back