• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you play monster hunter? And, what's your favorite monster in the series?

Sgt.Groove

Annona, Rollinia, Asimina, Duguetia. Look em' up!
Bells
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Violet
Red Lily
Red Lily
Red Lily
I've got over 3k hours in MHGU. I'm curious if anyone else here goes for the grind.

My favorite monsters are as follows:

Gogmazios. It's a giant tar dragon and the fight is quite literally epic. You're stopping this absolute beast from destroying everything you hold dear.

Gold rathian. Really this lady is a true test to most hunters. If you can't keep a close eye she'll stimbo stambo you with some high level poison and almost one tap you in most titles.

Inagami. Exclusive to frontier, this elder dragon has it all. An absolutely banger theme, an extremely fun fight, and the ability to heal itself! What a hunt.

Prefacing this by saying that I started with Rise. I'm still kinda new to this series (just a little over 2 years of experience), but I have gone back and played some of the older games too! 4U in particular is a blast.

Anyways for my favorite monster, uhhhhh *looking at my Malzeno switch pro controller and my Malzeno amiibo and my Malzeno plushie* idk probably Valstrax. Really fun fight and haunting theme.

MH is probably one of my most played series in combined time. I'm actually really partial to the Yian Garuga (specifically the deadeye one) because I really enjoyed farming for the armor pierces.

Otherwise, I think just gore magala from 4u was amazing. Every fight with it felt like I was at the edge of my seat.

Back