• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you lock the bathroom door?

Do you lock the bathroom door?

• Always.

Votes: 98 44.1%
  • Never.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Only at home.

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Only when not at home.

Votes: 90 40.5%
  • Magical fifth option.

Votes: 21 9.5%

• Total voters
Well, my bathroom door at home doesn't have the ability to lock. It doesn't even close properly because the latch doesn't line up. But it's just me and my husband so I don't worry about it. I'll push the door closed and most of the time it stays put.

When I still lived with my family, I always locked the door so no one would walk in on me. Same goes for when I'm out in public or at someone else's house, too.

When I lived with my family I used to lock the door at home, now that I live in an apartment with my partner I don't lock the door when at home. I have always locked the door when not at home though.

I only lock the doors when I’m a guest at someone else’s house or out in public. At home I almost never lock the doors or close them unless I have guest over. Sometimes when I shower at home I might close the doors just to keep the steam in.

Same. I only close it when I’m showering, and then you can obviously hear the shower going. I’m never in the bathroom for longer than a few minutes.
Sometimes I will leave the door open if I’m in the tub because my dog likes to hang out by the tub lmao

Magical fifth option. I teleport to an alternate universe where I do my business so that no one can follow me.

Yes, I always lock the bathroom door.

I'm most of the time alone at home, so I don't really bother to lock it, especially since the locks in this house still need to get replaced, so we never know if I will actually be able to unlock it.. XD
Also I like to get visits from my cats while being in the bathroom, it's cute how curious they are of what their human is doing.
However, we have a separate toilet and there, the key broke when I locked it.. on the night of my engagement, lmao.
So.. now we have half a key stuck in the toilet door and we can't lock it, which I don't like at all. Can't wait that all the doors get replaced. 😅

I don’t lock it, but I do shut the door. Somewhere I used to live, the bathroom didn’t even have a door and it baffles me why the apartment didn’t fix that issue before making it available to rent. I think that would be an issue for some people. Tried getting it fixed, but maintenance didn’t think it was that important and it took three months.

I chose the magical fifth option because I only leave my door unlocked when I'm the only one around. In my house there are like 4 of us who share the bathroom so it's always likely someone else will want to use the bathroom the same time as me, especially in the morning when everyone's just woken up. In my apartment though I live alone so I don't lock or even close the door. I just do when my boyfriend's hanging out.

I don't lock the door at my house, but if I am out and about then yes I do lol. It's always awkward for everyone if someone accidentally walks in on you.

I picked the last option because the one closest to my bedroom cannot be locked. In fact, my bedroom door can't be locked either... This house is awful.

I only have one bathroom that I share with my mum and we live in a small place so it's pretty easy to know when the other person is using the bathroom without the fear of either of us walking in on one another. When I'm at home on my own though I'll still keep the bathroom door closed (but not locked as I lock the front door instead) as I have this irrational fear of a stranger breaking into my house when I'm showering etc.

I don't lock it when I go in normally, but if I have to go to the bathroom while company is over then I def lock it.

I always lock the door of a restroom when I'm out. If you don't you're just asking to be walked in on, not everyone has the common sense to knock first.

Accidentally picked "Never" but meant "Only when not at home". Now that it's just my partner and myself it doesn't matter much. Use to have a living situation though were I'd never not lock a door; you never know who'd show up and they never knocked, lol.

I only lock the bathroom door when I'm taking a shower or if I'm at my best friend's house. Her little sister likes to barge into the restroom whenever she wants because she wants to know what you are doing. The first time she did this I had instinctively locked the restroom door and she was just rattling the doorknob the whole time I was in there. At my own home I usually don't even close the door all the way, people know I'm in there and nobody wants to come in (except my cats).

i've never figured out the lock at home for the bathroom, but it's possible to lock it

though i lock it for sure if i'm at someone else's house / would find something to shut it with if there was no lock. crack any and all windows open as well lmao-

Back