Do You Know How to Write in Cursive?

Do You Know How to Write in Cursive?

• Yes! I know how to write everything in cursive.

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • I got most of it down!

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Kinda.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 16 12.2%

• Total voters
i picked it up pretty quickly in elementary school and it was fun to use. but i just don't understand why it was never required or used again for the rest of my student days. but its easy writing, i think its a lot easier than print because its all like in one line, rather than lifting the pen up for breaks which takes a lot of time...

I always write in cursive because I can write a lot quicker (especially in exams) when it's all connected rather than if everything has to be individually printed c:

It's also just out of habit though, because in primary school I was always to write in cursive only for some reason!

Oh yeah man, we got drilled pretty good in that during school. I don't use it a whole lot unless I maybe write birthday cards or stuff but yeah man.

Kinda? Not really. I guess I do sometimes, but not very well.

I wish I did, but I never got taught how in elementary; I might try to learn it on my own time someday.

Kinda. There's some letters I don't know in uppercase and lowercase and I don't know how to connect some letters.

Last edited:
I remember spending the last few years of primary school being made learn how to write in cursive. I just about got it down by the time I started secondary school only to be told not to write like that because it's more difficult to read. Cool.

I do. I actually had an English teacher in middle school that required us to write all assignments in cursive and for it to be legible, so I had to improve my bad cursive quickly. Now it's not a problem, though most of the time I write half in cursive, half in print.

Yes, we learned it in elementary school and it was required. Had a class recently just to refresh it as well.

Mostly, I mean there's a few letters I have to look up if I'm writing in cursive, but the only time I really use cursive is to sign, and I obviously know the letters of my name. It's think like "Z" and stuff I forget, so I have to look them up.

I learned how to write in cursive in 2nd grade and while I usually write in print, any time I want to write quickly or I don't want someone else to be able to read what I'm writing I'll use cursive (my handwriting is only neat if I write very carefully lmao). I also collect fountain pens and it's just a lot easier to write in cursive than print in my experience.

I write in cursive when taking notes in class because its a lot faster

but i think it looks prettier when it's not cursive, or semi cursive so that's what i do when im studying at home making flashcards and all

Back