• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you have Multiple northern rock peninsulas!?!? Share

Also did u not see one map with 4 of them the whole 12 hours?? @amplsp
I'm not sure I reset for 12 hours. It was several hours though. I didn't see any maps with 4 of the larger extra peninsulas, so I do think it might be more rare to get that many. But again, it's random, so you might get lucky.
Post automatically merged:

I'm just wondering is that all u were looking for when u reset (the northern rock peninsulas) or what else were u looking for in your map besides that?? And is that the most u found was 2 big ones the whole 12 hours?!?!
I reset mainly for the northern rock peninsulas, but I was also looking for a center map RS. That was very important to me as well. Important, but willing to compromise, was getting either Apples or Peaches (in case of perfect fruit in the future). I think it's not too hard to find a map with at least two of the larger peninsulas. I didn't even bother to look at the maps that didn't have the center map RS, even if the northern peninsulas looked good. I definitely didn't see any with four though. I would remember that.
Post automatically merged:

I forgot to add, I was only looking for islands with an east or west river outlet. So that was another limitation for a map I would accept.

Last edited:
i recently reset basically for these same reasons ! i was intensely unhappy with both the lack of rocks on my island and the general layout/overwhelming amt of flowers. when i reset i had a ton of requirements for the new island - 3+ penninsulas on the back, largest left beach rock, large right beach rock, rock in the water, rock on the beach, a rs far from the airport and too many other things, lol.

i ended up resetting for about 20 hours and i went with a map that didnt have absolutely fit my other non-rock requirements because i really loved the feel of this map. in my search tho, i found that a large amount of rock penninsulas and large rocks on the beach is not very common. i only got to loading up individual maps to test for airport, about 5 times. i think overall they are more common for double south river exit maps? something about the space of the beach, maybe.

i do think looking at the default maps that are linked in that reddit sample are nice - that's what i did, to get an idea of what basic construction of maps is possible. what you begin to learn is that there are base layouts - and then individual squares from the map are RNG rolled and come out a set number of different options. ie. for a large left beach rock AND large right beach rock map, there are only a few variations of land penninsulas possible that i have seen, because there are specific squares assigned to certain island formations and those cannot change. if that makes sense? so that is the only thing i would be cautious of - if you are trying to get a formation where it isn't possible to.

i think, in summary, a ton of rocks just isn't a common game feature. you will have to reset a lot for it.

here is the map i decided on !

Actually, yes, I believe I do. I don't have the Nintendo internet thingy yet so I can't post a photo.

But I have one rock peninsula to the lower left of my town, and another in the upper right corner. They aren't too long but there's more rock than beach when you get there.

i recently reset basically for these same reasons ! i was intensely unhappy with both the lack of rocks on my island and the general layout/overwhelming amt of flowers. when i reset i had a ton of requirements for the new island - 3+ penninsulas on the back, largest left beach rock, large right beach rock, rock in the water, rock on the beach, a rs far from the airport and too many other things, lol.

i ended up resetting for about 20 hours and i went with a map that didnt have absolutely fit my other non-rock requirements because i really loved the feel of this map. in my search tho, i found that a large amount of rock penninsulas and large rocks on the beach is not very common. i only got to loading up individual maps to test for airport, about 5 times. i think overall they are more common for double south river exit maps? something about the space of the beach, maybe.

i do think looking at the default maps that are linked in that reddit sample are nice - that's what i did, to get an idea of what basic construction of maps is possible. what you begin to learn is that there are base layouts - and then individual squares from the map are RNG rolled and come out a set number of different options. ie. for a large left beach rock AND large right beach rock map, there are only a few variations of land penninsulas possible that i have seen, because there are specific squares assigned to certain island formations and those cannot change. if that makes sense? so that is the only thing i would be cautious of - if you are trying to get a formation where it isn't possible to.

i think, in summary, a ton of rocks just isn't a common game feature. you will have to reset a lot for it.

here is the map i decided on !

That's a nice one!! I decided I just cant reset after trying to talk myself into it but maybe I'll change my mind again or buy another switch.... I heard u can jump off a double cliff into the water though in a place that doesnt have a rock formation so that's cool to know

Back