• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you have Multiple northern rock peninsulas!?!? Share

Lotusblossom

Prankster Crossing
Bells
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Kaleidoclover
Famous Mushroom
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Cake
Cake
Just watched a video on youtube.. idk if you've seen it.. it's the one with the Versace and the Egypt theme going on... it was the first time I saw someone with what the third person called a "second island" ...basically looked like a extra?!?!? peninsula made of rock on the southern side of the island!! I had no idea this was a thing.. the video was over 40 minutes long so I wasnt able to watch the whole thing yet but even his south eastern rocks made what looked like another peninsula off of them on the southern side as well, and then the map looked like there was atleast 2 more too!! If resetting wasnt tempting before this really put the icing on the cake..

Last edited:
I might have an idea what you're talking about! Was it something like this? (complete with map)

EdPKiNKUcAAyAO4

I've been trying to come up with a good purpose for this part of the island but I don't have one yet. I wanted to put a villager house on it but the game went "We can't let you do that! These rocks are too unstable!" because apparently building on the beach sand itself is okay but building on these rocks is not.

It does stick into the sea quite a bit. I can probably figure something out for this eventually, for now I will use it as a diving board haha

I don't have any super large ones like that on my island, but I've seen them and they're really cool! One person had turned it into a beachside club complete with a gnome DJ and lights, music, etc. It eased really cool! Another person had made theirs an area for their Godzilla looking monster thingy with little cars and "houses" like it was attacking a city complete with custom designs of trashed items and squished people. They had it set up so you were up high and looked down on it so it looked even more realistic. I may even have a pic of these on my Switch someplace, I'll take a quick look!

I have one like that. i also have an island within my island(i didn't make it it came that way). It's just a section of land in my river and the river goes around it on all sides, i put my museum on it.

I have at least 3 rock peninsulas on my island and always just assumed that everyone else did to! This is very interesting. They are really good for decorating and making special areas.

I have four kinda small ones but nothing like I've seen on other people's islands in terms of size. It never ceases to amaze me with how many options there are for starter islands. I think that given a second chance at it, I would not have chosen the map I have again now that I know what I know and have seen the combinations I prefer. Not just for the rocky peninsulas but also where Resident Services is located and color of airport. It's amazing to me what I'm still learning about testing this game. I know others have plenty of gripes (and some of them are very valid) but I still feel like I got my sixty bucks worth out of this game.

I thought everybody had these?! I have two, not as big as that but one houses my lighthouse, the other my Tiki/ Karaoke bar

I might have an idea what you're talking about! Was it something like this? (complete with map)

EdPKiNKUcAAyAO4

I've been trying to come up with a good purpose for this part of the island but I don't have one yet. I wanted to put a villager house on it but the game went "We can't let you do that! These rocks are too unstable!" because apparently building on the beach sand itself is okay but building on these rocks is not.

It does stick into the sea quite a bit. I can probably figure something out for this eventually, for now I will use it as a diving board haha
Wtf? I'm so jealous! Lol I want a big rock platform like that. All of mine seem so small.

Oh yeah, I have one like that! Its pretty fun, didn't realize it was so rare. I turned mine into part of my nature center/science camp area near my campsite.

Sorry I only have an artsy picture of it and not something to show you a better view of the area itself:
Ec598PAU8AYgfjL.jpeg

Here is a pic of my map too if you are curious:
Ec6CRkhUcAAx5Xx.jpeg

I have two more large rock areas in the back of my beaches on either side, but I assume everyone has something like this.

I have that rock peninsula right next to the large land peninsula. I currently have it set up as a musical performance stage. Villagers sometimes sing on it or play instruments. Here's a shot of me, Megan and Phoebe waiting to the show to begin. :D
new Horizons.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Here's my map. I reset after the first week or two specifically looking for as many of the large rock peninsulas as possible.
acnh Map.jpg

Last edited:
I have small-ish ones but I decorated them as they look great :)! One I used as a fossil display area while the other I might decorate using pirate items

Don't you have two rock ledges on either side on the north side of your island? I thought all islands had those, tho some are larger than others.
Post automatically merged:
I have those on the corners.. but I dont have any extra peninsulas off the actual back side..... like the one in the pic I posted it's not connected to the one on the corner on Ethier side its actually off of it

Back