• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Disfunctional Families

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. I hate those kind of illnesses. God forbid anyone in my family gets that. I'm trying to be a better person so I don't get that kind of karma.

That sucks major crap. I come from a place where my kind don't take kindly to people with those kind od illnesses. But I'm not gonna bad mouth your mother because I made myself pretty clear in another thread a while ago.

That sucks major crap. I come from a place where my kind don't take kindly to people with those kind od illnesses. But I'm not gonna bad mouth your mother because I made myself pretty clear in another thread a while ago.

[size=-2]You make it sound like these diseases are something people bring upon themselves or are something not to take kindly to because they "deserve" it. Unless you just didn't word it properly...What do you mean by "your kind" exactly? You're human, are you not? You mentioned earlier you have Asperger's. Did you bring that on yourself?

Not trying to be mean, but a lot of the things you say are pretty offensive to others, although I understand why you might not see it that way.[/size]

Last edited:
My family is definitely what you'd describe as dysfunctional. We've been through hell and back with each other but we get by nowadays

I don't really want to share this kinda stuff on the internet but I can empathize with you guys
*hugs*

Look, I think you have a bit of an attitude problem. First of all, calling her "the old lady" is extremely rude. Secondly, if she has dementia, she can't help it. You say she knows what she's doing. How do you know that? Everything you've said on this thread has been very offensive. So you need to chill.

Oh, and it's spelled "dysfunctional". ;)

I've come here to show my support to all these people, because it makes me sad to know and accept that there are bad people in this world, hurting people that dont deserve it.
But no offense, you get on my nerves.
Everything you say is offensive, and you could word your posts a bit better.
People don't get cancer because of karma.
People don't get Parkinson's or Huntington's because of karma.
This is NOT something you can bring upon yourself.
It's something that happens because it's genetic and your mother/grandmother or any other close family member had it, or you got very sick or were exposed to some kind of virus.
It's not karma.
It is also VERY rude to call the lady with dementia 'the old lady'.
You also say VERY rude things about her. ITS NOT HER FAULT SHE HAS DEMENTIA.
Its not ANYBODIES fault. Thats just how life is.
You have to be PATIENT with her.
Most people with dementia dont know what they're saying half the time, so you have to constantly treat them with kindness and patience.
Soon, they'll treat you the same, even if you say it wont happen or if it takes days, months, YEARS even.
What exactly do you mean by 'your kind'? Your pod?
Are you human or not?
In reality, you're not supporting these people.
You're making them feel WORSE.
Anyways, Im so sorry your mother has Huntington's.
I knew someone (my third grade PE teacher) that had Parkinson's, and she would just sit there in front of us, shaking, and then she would go limp and her body would fall on the floor.
Everybody laughed at her, and I felt awful because I couldn't help her.
One day, she never came back.
One of my very close friends died of cancer, and I got very sad. I wanted to cry, but I couldnt.
I was like a stone, and I beat myself up about it afterwards.

Last edited:
I've come here to show my support to all these people, because it makes me sad to know and accept that there are bad people in this world, hurting people that dont deserve it.
But no offense, you get on my nerves.
Everything you say is offensive, and you could word your posts a bit better.
People don't get cancer because of karma.
People don't get Parkinson's or Huntington's because of karma.
This is NOT something you can bring upon yourself.
It's something that happens because it's genetic and your mother/grandmother or any other close family member had it, or you got very sick or were exposed to some kind of virus.
It's not karma.
It is also VERY rude to call the lady with dementia 'the old lady'.
You also say VERY rude things about her. ITS NOT HER FAULT SHE HAS DEMENTIA.
Its not ANYBODIES fault. Thats just how life is.
You have to be PATIENT with her.
Most people with dementia dont know what they're saying half the time, so you have to constantly treat them with kindness and patience.
Soon, they'll treat you the same, even if you say it wont happen or if it takes days, months, YEARS even.
What exactly do you mean by 'your kind'? Your pod?
Are you human or not?
In reality, you're not supporting these people.
You're making them feel WORSE.
Anyways, Im so sorry your mother has Huntington's.
I knew someone (my third grade PE teacher) that had Parkinson's, and she would just sit there in front of us, shaking, and then she would go limp and her body would fall on the floor.
Everybody laughed at her, and I felt awful because I couldn't help her.
One day, she never came back.
One of my very close friends died of cancer, and I got very sad. I wanted to cry, but I couldnt.
I was like a stone, and I beat myself up about it afterwards.
agree with this post, and i'm so sorry about your friend. My grandmother died of cancer when I was twelve. we were extremely close and I still haven't forgiven myself for not doing everything I could with her. I am genuinely so sorry for your loss. and about the teacher with parkinsons that's a really sad story. I hope they found somewhere a little more accepting

Last edited:
accidental double post like

- - - Post Merge - - -

My family is definitely what you'd describe as dysfunctional. We've been through hell and back with each other but we get by nowadays

I don't really want to share this kinda stuff on the internet but I can empathize with you guys
*hugs*

Hugs for you my friend. I hope life goes your way :3

Last edited:
agree with this post, and i'm so sorry about your friend. My grandmother died of cancer when I was twelve. we were extremely close and I still haven't forgiven myself for not doing everything I could with her. I am genuinely so sorry for your loss. and about the teacher with parkinsons that's a really sad story. I hope they found somewhere a little more accepting

Thank you!
They're in a better place now :')

eh my fam deals it pretty clean we sell they get the stuff we get the money quick and easy.

eh my fam deals it pretty clean we sell they get the stuff we get the money quick and easy.

yh yh fam that's great how bout you like get off this thread man take ur chav trolls elsewhere
g

- - - Post Merge - - -

?
What?
Sorry but I dont understand.

it's okay. most people don't speak troll or chav. just let the hardman post his posts and we can swiftly move on

I brought this up myself awhile ago when the thread first started, but a few people jumped on me for being displeased with her.

i cant cope with my stepdads abuse and my fathers abuse so now i just have breakdowns randomly and its pretty great love my life

Well, you said this thread was to share stories 'bout your life, sooo here I go...
Um... What is there to say?
Thankfully, no one in my [close] family is sick or has an injury, (except for my mom who has had three hernia operations in a year. that was a few years ago tho.)
I have two little brothers who are the light of my life, even though the littlest one cracked his chin and the oldest had to get stitches two times in the same place on his forehead. (Both are younger than me though- Im the oldest.)
My dad is SUPER immature (more so than my brothers) and he plays with us a lot and makes me and my family laugh a lot.
When we play Just Dance, he makes the dance look pointless and silly and we all double over in laughter.
My grandma also lives with me.
She is mean and loud at times, but I know she loves me and its all verbal, thank gosh.
She's been through hard times in her life, as well as my mom, since they were both abused when they were young.
So yeah!

i cant cope with my stepdads abuse and my fathers abuse so now i just have breakdowns randomly and its pretty great love my life

that really sucks. my dad was periodically abusive, mainly to my older brother when I was about 4-6 and my brother 7-9. I remember this one time when my brother was nine, my dad picked him up by the ankle and slammed him into a wall after they got into a fight. my mum finally said that enough was enough and my dad moved out for a year, I saw him one for that year on my birthday (which is coincidentally also my parents wedding anniversary) it was hard for me at the time as my dad is a great one and he really loves all three of us- but temper and alcohol were his weaknesses. When he came back after a year though he had ditched the alcohol and had anger management therapy and when he came through the door on my birthday to tell us he was back forever and he would never hurt us again I just cried and cried because I really love him. I can understand the hurt when you go through abuse inflicted by one of the people who is meant to love you the most. however I can't possibly imagine what you've been through. constant abuse by one person and then the person meant to act in their stead. All I can say is that my thoughts go out to you and even though you may feel unloved there are so many people who genuinely care for you. You are irreplaceable, just remember that and honestly, if I ever heard something happened to you I would cry. I may not know you but still, just wait until you can move out and surround yourself with people who will love and respect you. Stay strong <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back