• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Did you name your islander after yourself?

I sometimes name game characters after myself but my ACNL mayor and ACNH rep are named "Roxie" which is a name I randomly thought up when entering fake names into the scoring system at a blowing alley.

I did name my islander after myself. I've tried to give myself different names in the past but it always felt weird to me for some reason.

I did name my character after myself. Living out my home owner fantasy lol

I don't really have any go-to names to use for games so I use my name most everywhere and AC is no exception.

Yes and no.

I've legally changed my name since ACNH came out. That means that my name wasn't Chris when I made my island rep in March 2020, but it is now. I officially changed my name to Christian in June 2021. I used video games to trial the name before using it in real life and ACNH and TBT was what helped me decide, "yep, this is my name."

In every Animal Crossing game I name my character after myself! I love my name and making my character look chic and trendy JUST LIKE ME :D SUPER HAPPINESS!

Nope. I choose the name Fia when I started NL because I knew I would be using online play and my real name is too unique to use. Plus in the older games I used my middle name which is also unique so I used a random generator until I come across the name Fia.

It doesn't feel right to me when I don't use my real name or nickname in games, so I used my real nickname.

No I just named them after the characters from Kingdom Hearts. I never use my real name because personal reasons.

Nah, I never use my real name in games, even in games without online functionality. I just went with names I really like for NL and NH—although since I'd already been on TBT a while as Merielle when I got New Horizons, that definitely factored into giving my island rep the same name.

i'm not a huge fan of my irl name (kaitlyn) but i went with it anyway because i treat animal crossing as an escape and it feels more "right" to use my real name. i like to pretend my villagers are actually talking to me tbh

Nope! I used a name I've used in every single AC I've played to date - Leiona.
I love trying to recreate her in every game, and I pretend she's moving each time. :>

Yeah. I named my character Madison before I came out to my family, saying it's just a random name I chose. Though now I'm out, so everybody I play AC with knows I'm Madison. I'm not really creative enough to name them something else.

Back