• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia Dethy in July- Mafioso win!

Here's thought process: when we pick someone, and let's say this person we pick is X, and X is mafia. We will get: X is town (from inverse), X is town (from naive), X is maf (from normal), X is maf (from paranoid) as a result. But what if X is town? Doesn't mafia just need to pick yes or no and point fingers? I don't know, writing the thought process down made me think more about the advantage of this though

no. Even in standard games, detectives can’t investigate themselves
****, hmm. I'm not sure what we should do then. If we can't target ourselves then there's no way we can use the setup to our benefit until a detective dies.

What we should do for day 0 is actually coordinate all our inspections on a single individual to determine which individual is which detective. We would also have to realize that one out of those 5 inspection is a lie.

I feel like this is a sound way to go, but who do we target and how do we determine that?
I feel like it doesn't rly matter who because we need to first know who is who, or at least clear someone out that should be impossible to be lying
Post automatically merged:

****, hmm. I'm not sure what we should do then. If we can't target ourselves then there's no way we can use the setup to our benefit until a detective dies.
whoever investigate themselves will proclaim to be town anyway. Maybe we can target two people, 3 goes for one and 2 for the other?

I feel like it doesn't rly matter who because we need to first know who is who, or at least clear someone out that should be impossible to be lying
Yeah, exactly. We can't use the setup to our advantage until we can use a process of elimination. Plus, naive and paranoid detective don't provide accurate results, they always provide the same result regardless of the person they search.

whoever investigate themselves will proclaim to be town anyway. Maybe we can target two people, 3 goes for one and 2 for the other?
That's a sound theory, however I only see it working if the groups of 3 and 2 are constantly consisting of the same people.

@Miss Misty
@guav@
@Catharina266

I'm going to ping the other three to let them know night 0 started

Last edited:
Yeah, exactly. We can't use the setup to our advantage until we can use a process of elimination. Plus, naive and paranoid detective don't provide accurate results, they always provide the same result regardless of the person they search.

That's a sound theory, however I only see it working if the groups of 3 and 2 are constantly consisting of the same people.
yeah d2 should make it more obvious who is who.

and yes one group would after 1 person, and the other group after another person. Being group 1 targeting someone from group 2 and vice-versa

yeah d2 should make it more obvious who is who.

and yes one group would after 1 person, and the other group after another person. Being group 1 targeting someone from group 2 and vice-versa
Yeah because you can't target someone in the same group because you can't target yourselves, makes sense. How would we determine the groups?

Howdy everyone!

I agree with splitting everyone into groups since that'll make it more difficult for the mafioso to hide, I think. Eventually, things will stop adding up. I don't have any strong opinion (or strategy; strategy isn't my strong suit) on how to split the groups, so unless someone has a solid plan, I'd be okay with volt's idea of just randing the groups. Would we also rand the Night 0 targets? At least until we have a frame of reference for what our results will actually mean? (idk I've never played the dethy variant, I just know it's more logical deduction than social ._.)

Yes, we should rand the groups starting this night phase and maintain said grouo throughout the entire game.

I also recommend we vote "no vote" during day phases, this would grant us more night reads and less losses.

hi!!!!!!!!

it makes sense to no vote i suppose. especially given how small the game is, so that's a tentative yes on no voting from me.

not got much new to add other than where's everyone sleeping tonight?? i forgot to book a place

I'm (also tentatively) okay with no voting, provided something super sus doesn't end up happening before the logic works itself out. It'll buy us time to solve for sure. In normal mafia, there are normally enough vanilla townies to spare (so to speak) and multiple mafiosos, but since we need all the clues we can get to logic this out, then it makes sense to not be as cutthroat during day phases looking for someone to eliminate.

No sleep, only investigate.
(can u guys just imagine a dethy town where everyone spends all night creeping around in like a conga line trying to figure out why the person ahead of them is also out so late)

yeah since there are no flips i agree with no vote. also agree with misty on no vote unless something rly sus happens

Good morning everyone (Or I guess goodnight). I just woke up and also agree with the no vote (big surprises here).

without any disagreements so far i decided to go ahead and separate the two groups:
Screenshot_20210730-115120_Opera Touch.png

group 1 is catharina (sorry abt misspelling ur name there), misty and antonio
group 2 is me and guava.
I suggest group 1 inspect me and group 2 inspect antonio.

by the way i randomize three times bc I wanted me and antonio separated

I guess that's fine (don't really know a better way lol.) Also, how do we want to reveal tomorrow? Do we randomize for a sequence or? It maybe doesn't really matter but going last can give the mafia an advantage?,(and because of my timezone I probably can't be there at start of d1, so we can decide rn.)

I guess that's fine (don't really know a better way lol.) Also, how do we want to reveal tomorrow? Do we randomize for a sequence or? It maybe doesn't really matter but going last can give the mafia an advantage?,(and because of my timezone I probably can't be there at start of d1, so we can decide rn.)
yeah you are right. we could randomize a sequence at the start of the day

WDYM by randomizing a sequence

Anyways, I agree with volt on the matter.

Yeah true but I thought maybe the mafia will try to go last (just a small benefit)

Back