• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Crafters unite!

I made a basic scarf for myself. Nothing fancy yet. The yarn was pretty. Still learning. :3

I made my mother an infinity scarf by hand knitting too. Another YouTube video. ^__^

I'm a pretty quick learner when I set my mind to something.

Have you found ravelry? You have to sign up to see the patterns but it's a massive database that's pretty easy to use ^.^ Some of my favorite beginner patterns are the scrunchable scarf and the drop-stitch cowl

Have you found ravelry? You have to sign up to see the patterns but it's a massive database that's pretty easy to use ^.^ Some of my favorite beginner patterns are the scrunchable scarf and the drop-stitch cowl

I just signed up a few minutes ago actually. :3

I'll have to look those up. :3 I'm pretty excited to try something else.

I know so many people that knit I am surprised if took me so long to start.

Better late than never though. ^_^

Your phone cases are adorable!! I've hand painted a bunch of few cases when my other half worked at best buy and got a killer discount on plain phone cases. I love the one with a scoop of ice cream on it! I'm planning on getting a new phone soon and I may have to order one from you if you do any iPhone 6plus cases!

Aw, thank you! I'd love to make something for you in the future. I have tons of supplies to use and I've been itching to get back into making things for people. Business died down and I've just taken to bedazzling my own things. I've gone so far as to rhinestone my birth control clamshells and wallets. It's so time-consuming and careful that it can keep me happy and busy for hours. It's also the best thing to do when watching marathons on telly. ;) Just let me know!

- - - Post Merge - - -

@ Freckles: Your clay figures are so adorable, the Marshal has the perfect enormous tail ^.^ What kind of jewellery do you make? I've always been interested in it

I think art swapping would be awesome! I made this thread to try and find other crafters because there's a lot of really talented artists here, but I didn't know where to find other people whose creative skills were outside of drawing

--

@littlemissmarzipanmermaid: Your cases are so adorable :3 I especially love the music themed one! I've seen some decoden cases before, and I am always super fascinated by decoden nail art from Korea. I know what you mean about sculpting. I can knit/DIY for days because it's very concrete steps, but when it comes to more freeform arts I'm less confident and really harsh on myself.

Thank you! And nail art looks so beautiful! I wanna get into that too, but I can't even paint my own nails correctly half the time and I'm not familiar with the materials used at all. But it is really pretty.

I think we should do like an art swap/pen pal kind of dealio! That would be fun. Making friends and craftingggg. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hand dye/tie dye all varieties of clothing and have sold them at various local craft/street fairs (examples here). I've also been known to make Perler Bead sprites on occasion, which oddly enough is great for stress relief. Examples of my Perler sprites can be seen here.

Another rather recent crafting endeavor of mine: I've been making and distilling my own perfumes and essential oils. I've made scents for a few friends and family members thus far and everyone's been pretty pleased... or so they claim. ;)

If anyone's interested in learning more about any of the aforementioned crafts, feel free to send me a PM and I'd be glad to offer any assistance or guidance. It's awesome to see so many fellow crafters here on TBT. :)
I think I might have to message you! I've always been curious about making perfumes.
My aunt and cousin dabble in Perler as well; they set up a little shop and it's kind of neat.
I have the patience to lay down teeny tiny rhinestones but I don't think I could be patient with Perler at all, lol.

I used to knit, but right now I'm really big on scrapbooking.

Ooooh! I got super into scrapbooking for a little bit, but it's so expensive. I made a little book for my boyfriend once and it cost me an arm and a leg. But I just get so happy to see all the pretty paper and stickers. I've seen such impressive pages done and I have two scrapbooking kits that I'm too scared to ruin.

I am the room decor addict. i can't stop drawing or making my room more useful and pretty C:

This is me ^.^ even my knitting tends to be for my house xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

I used to knit, but right now I'm really big on scrapbooking.

I used to scrapbook and now I'm really big on knitting xD

scrapbooking is so expensive. I really love it but it hurt my wallet.

ive been knitting for 5 years now and i have a lot of unused yarn. i've been trying to get back into making scalemates again.

this thread needs to liiiive

I love crafts! Particularly woodburning. I posted some stuff here and was told about this thread. c: I tried to do some more realistic stuff yesterday though and it.. was not great, aha. I find the tips I have very difficult to control except for my straight line one, which doesn't really work for shading and such.

I'd love to invest in a nice machine like a Colwood, but I've never used wire tips before and I don't really want to splurge like $200+ on something I may not even like. ;c

also I'm jealous of you knitters/crocheters - I tried to pick up crochet and just couldn't get the hang of it.

Ooh ive just gotten into arts and crafts. I made a recipe book using card and the Japanese book binding method :D

Also Freckles random coincidence my other half used to work at best buy and lives in indiana too :p

this thread needs to liiiive

I love crafts! Particularly woodburning. I posted some stuff here and was told about this thread. c: I tried to do some more realistic stuff yesterday though and it.. was not great, aha. I find the tips I have very difficult to control except for my straight line one, which doesn't really work for shading and such.

I'd love to invest in a nice machine like a Colwood, but I've never used wire tips before and I don't really want to splurge like $200+ on something I may not even like. ;c

also I'm jealous of you knitters/crocheters - I tried to pick up crochet and just couldn't get the hang of it.

Yay, glad you made it over! I've never tried wood burning at all (even though I'm incredibly intrigued!) so I have no idea of the challenges. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could really try out those big craft purchases before buying them? I got to try my sewing machine before deciding on it but I wish you could test out all the big ticket stuff like you can for other large purchase (appliances, cars, and whatnot...okay, so crafting supplies aren't usually as expensive as those but they can still be a pretty penny!)

Ooh ive just gotten into arts and crafts. I made a recipe book using card and the Japanese book binding method :D

Also Freckles random coincidence my other half used to work at best buy and lives in indiana too :p

Japanese book binding is so cool! I used to make all my journals that way until I went digital ;) Also, that's really funny! He actually worked at a Best Buy in Ohio before we moved here but still, what are the odds? You should post a photo of your recipe book if you have one!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I'm wondering if we have enough people to set up a swap. :blush: I'd be happy to organize it, unless you want to KBelle since you started this whole thread!

Maybe I should start a new thread so not to clutter this one, but if you were to sign up for the swap, how long do you think is a fair crafting time-1 week? 2 weeks? Longer? Would you want your crafting partner secret or public? Would you be willing to ship internationally, depending on where the TBTers are that sign up (I'm in the US, I'm not sure about everyone else :D)?

~

...I do a lot of really complicated friendship bracelets. It's one of my favorite things to do, ever.

Ooh, that's rad! Do you have any pictures of them? I just saw a watch for sale where the band was a friendship bracelet and I thought it was really cool! Definitely original which I liked.

My friend used to make really intricate friendship bracelets, love those. I still have a bunch she gave me years ago~

And yes I totally wish I could try it out first. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has one (or anybody who really woodburns for that matter) and I'd have to buy it online. ;c I'm sure it would be fine, I would get used to it, the wire tips just have more give to them and I'm not used to that - I use solid metal ones and you need to apply pressure, whereas wire tips basically require no pressure.

I just wish they weren't so expensive, aha I really shouldn't make a big purchase right now anyways but I'm keeping my eye on it for the future. Maybe if I do start selling pieces some day I'll use the money to buy one. Might make it feel like less of an expense, aha.

Back