• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Corrupted data

Milady

Bells
Tasty Cake
Father's Day Carnation
Pink Hybrid Rose
Father's Day Carnation
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
I was trading with someone and got a communication error, but then nowhere it asked me to check for corrupted data. So I pressed yes and it checked. Luckily it said “no corrupted data was found”

But now I’m scared to online trade again. I don’t want to lose 400+ hours of my save file. Should I be worried?

I was trading with someone and got a communication error, but then nowhere it asked me to check for corrupted data. So I pressed yes and it checked. Luckily it said “no corrupted data was found”

But now I’m scared to online trade again. I don’t want to lose 400+ hours of my save file. Should I be worried?
Wow! That is scary.
I remember getting a communication error too a few times but never remember the game prompting me to check for corrupt data.

Wow! That is scary.
I remember getting a communication error too a few times but never remember the game prompting me to check for corrupt data.
I knoow I think I lost 20 years of my life there :(

I think whenever something interrupts your game saving, it automatically reccommends you check for corrupted data. But I don't think it can ever end up being an issue past maybe losing items you got while trading, as the game saves before you visit/have visitors. Through normal gameplay if you somehow interrupted saving, then I think you'd be more likely to corrupt your save.

That is scary! I experienced this before with people who have weak internet connections and / or a lot of stuff in their island (so it takes ages to load...) I don't think you should be worried though, the game will most likely just bring you back to the save before you went online.

That sounds scary! I've haven't gotten prompt for that before and I hope I never will. I think my heart wouldn't be able to handle it if there is a chance that it can be corrupted ><

oh my god i think i'd pass out that's so scary! i haven't experienced that, but i'm sure, as others have mentioned, it's probably okay- just a little safety precaution

Ah man, that’s my phobia. I remember losing 500-600 hours of gameplay in New Leaf and just staring at Isabelle with the message below saying the save data had been corrupted and bam, gotta start over again. To this day, I’m still not sure what I had done to corrupt my data but, well, it was farewell to Mac Anu and hello to New L.A.... It was still fun but it still stings just thinking about it :(

Back