• The closing ceremony for our Lunar New Year event has been posted! View the winning entries in the thread here. Thanks for joining us for this new TBT event. Be on the lookout for our next brand-new event, which will bid farewell to Animal Crossing: New Leaf online, coming soon!

Concept videos [Newest: 07/13]

Fabioisonfire

total a-hole
Joined
Jun 19, 2005
Posts
3,947
Bells
844
Dragon Tokens
0
Just realized that these belong better here. Here's my second attempt with a concept video in Final Cut Pro. Tomorrow, I'm going on location (some old fort) to shoot another, but yeah. Let me know what you think. I felt like I was kind of running low on subject material, as well. Again, nothing crazy special.

http://www.youtube.com/v/1L9Bka-uKyc
 
On the subject of video editing... I know you use Final Cut Pro, but have you ever used Final Cut Express, and do you know how to use it well? 'Cause I'm trying to find a way to be able to edit a video in widescreen (not export a video in widescreen, I know how to do that), but I can't figure it out, and I don't know if it's even possible. Google didn't help me, either. Yes, I'm asking you for help, Fabio. Here's your chance to prove that you're not a total douche and that you can be kind and helpful when you want to. I'm sure we can put our differences aside for a moment to discuss a common interest, can't we?
 
Tyeforce said:
On the subject of video editing... I know you use Final Cut Pro, but have you ever used Final Cut Express, and do you know how to use it well? 'Cause I'm trying to find a way to be able to edit a video in widescreen (not export a video in widescreen, I know how to do that), but I can't figure it out, and I don't know if it's even possible. Google didn't help me, either. Yes, I'm asking you for help, Fabio. Here's your chance to prove that you're not a total douche and that you can be kind and helpful when you want to. I'm sure we can put our differences aside for a moment to discuss a common interest, can't we?
Dude, I suck with the program right now. But I think I know how to do it. Go to Sequence > Settings > then check the box that says 'Anamorphic 16:9'. That's what I did.
 
Fabioisonfire said:
Tyeforce said:
On the subject of video editing... I know you use Final Cut Pro, but have you ever used Final Cut Express, and do you know how to use it well? 'Cause I'm trying to find a way to be able to edit a video in widescreen (not export a video in widescreen, I know how to do that), but I can't figure it out, and I don't know if it's even possible. Google didn't help me, either. Yes, I'm asking you for help, Fabio. Here's your chance to prove that you're not a total douche and that you can be kind and helpful when you want to. I'm sure we can put our differences aside for a moment to discuss a common interest, can't we?
Dude, I suck with the program right now. But I think I know how to do it. Go to Sequence > Settings > then check the box that says 'Anamorphic 16:9'. That's what I did.
I'm not seeing that option for me in Express... Ugh, I really need to get Final Cut Pro. It's just so damn expensive. >_>

Thanks, though.
 
Tyeforce said:
Fabioisonfire said:
Tyeforce said:
On the subject of video editing... I know you use Final Cut Pro, but have you ever used Final Cut Express, and do you know how to use it well? 'Cause I'm trying to find a way to be able to edit a video in widescreen (not export a video in widescreen, I know how to do that), but I can't figure it out, and I don't know if it's even possible. Google didn't help me, either. Yes, I'm asking you for help, Fabio. Here's your chance to prove that you're not a total douche and that you can be kind and helpful when you want to. I'm sure we can put our differences aside for a moment to discuss a common interest, can't we?
Dude, I suck with the program right now. But I think I know how to do it. Go to Sequence > Settings > then check the box that says 'Anamorphic 16:9'. That's what I did.
I'm not seeing that option for me in Express... Ugh, I really need to get Final Cut Pro. It's just so damn expensive. >_>

Thanks, though.
Damn, weird. It could also be with how you're exporting the video, or your camera. (For example, some cameras natively shoot in 16:9 format.) I'm still getting used to it as well.
 
Fabioisonfire said:
Tyeforce said:
Fabioisonfire said:
Tyeforce said:
On the subject of video editing... I know you use Final Cut Pro, but have you ever used Final Cut Express, and do you know how to use it well? 'Cause I'm trying to find a way to be able to edit a video in widescreen (not export a video in widescreen, I know how to do that), but I can't figure it out, and I don't know if it's even possible. Google didn't help me, either. Yes, I'm asking you for help, Fabio. Here's your chance to prove that you're not a total douche and that you can be kind and helpful when you want to. I'm sure we can put our differences aside for a moment to discuss a common interest, can't we?
Dude, I suck with the program right now. But I think I know how to do it. Go to Sequence > Settings > then check the box that says 'Anamorphic 16:9'. That's what I did.
I'm not seeing that option for me in Express... Ugh, I really need to get Final Cut Pro. It's just so damn expensive. >_>

Thanks, though.
Damn, weird. It could also be with how you're exporting the video, or your camera. (For example, some cameras natively shoot in 16:9 format.) I'm still getting used to it as well.
It's not an exporting issue. I'm not exporting anything yet. And I didn't even record the video myself, so it's not a camera issue. I'm working with a video I downloaded from YouTube at the moment, and it's definitely in 16:9 widescreen. The problem is that the preview screen and canvas in the editor only displays in 4:3 standard, so it's a bit frustrating, especially with what I'm trying to do...
 
FarrenTheRobot said:
I like these concept videos, they are pretty neat.

Also, what camera do you use?
Thanks. It's a fairly *censored.2.0*ty Samsung handheld, at the moment. My camera at home dominates this one, but it's all Final Cut Pro, doing the 'this looks like good quality' work.
 
I thought it was alright, needs to be a little bit less stagnant at times, but its practice, right?
 
Fanghorn said:
I thought it was alright, needs to be a little bit less stagnant at times, but its practice, right?
Yeah, I get what you mean about it being stagnant. I need to work on that, making inanimate objects feel more alive.
 
would be better if the grass/nature stuff was more alive, or if it was flowers, etc
maybe some kinda pan-out for a larger scale frame, after you show it up close/with the bugs, moving, etc? just a thought, not sure if it wouldn't just look crappy :p

just my opinion, seems like the grass is just grass.. but since it's about dirt, I guess that's what you're shooting for, and a really nice nature scene isn't readily available for filming, eh?

practice = practice
 
Okay, here's today's attempt. I'm not sure how I felt about this one, but my sister and mother enjoyed it, so I put it up. Tell me what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/v/i3yZqRJ2gEQ
 
Fabioisonfire said:
FarrenTheRobot said:
I like these concept videos, they are pretty neat.

Also, what camera do you use?
Thanks. It's a fairly *censored.2.0*ty Samsung handheld, at the moment. My camera at home dominates this one, but it's all Final Cut Pro, doing the 'this looks like good quality' work.
Specific name?

And the new one was good, just it had music that seemed off for it.
 
Back
Top