• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Cold or hot showers?

Which type of shower do you prefer?

• Total voters
I only take hot showers regardless of the weather and they are typically long showers to relax at the end of the day. I start with the hot water turned all the way on and just enough cold water to make it bearable (aka not scalding). Then, I gradually decrease the cold water at intervals until only the hot water is left.

When the water starts to cool down even a little bit, that's my cue to get out. I hate feeling cold and I just don't feel clean after a cold shower. Baths also leave me feeling dirty so I never take them.

My showers are usually luke warm to warm most of the time. Usually when it’s like 90° in the summer I do cold showers because it feels nicer and I don’t want to overheat, but most of the time I just do warm/hot showers.

I love hot showers but ever since I started working out on a daily basis I started to take cold showers so my muscles wouldn't be as sore the next day

I always take hot showers no matter what time of the year it is. It helps to relax my muscles and clear my mind a bit. Unfortunately, when I try to take a hot shower during winter, the water only gets lukewarm and not steaming hot. It fails when I needed it most in the winter. Sometimes it gets a little cool even on max output!

i used to take ice cold showers when i was little lol, i was a weird kid. but nowadays its hot shower or bust

Hot showers unless its summer. I live in Phoenix, AZ and its always >90 degrees Farenheit without fail. You're crazy if you don't at least start your showers cold in that kind of weather.

Hot showers unless its summer. I live in Phoenix, AZ and its always >90 degrees Farenheit without fail. You're crazy if you don't at least start your showers cold in that kind of weather.
I know I live in California (inland) and the summers here are relentless. If I take a hot shower I'm going to be sweating for the whole night.

I know I live in California (inland) and the summers here are relentless. If I take a hot shower I'm going to be sweating for the whole night.
Yup. I was born and raised in southern California and I thought I knew what heat was until I moved to AZ. What sucks is my family likes to save money on air conditioning so we turn it off after 6pm regardless. Sometimes I can't even sleep cause its 85 degrees in the house and the fan just doesn't cut it. Yikes!!

Yup. I was born and raised in southern California and I thought I knew what heat was until I moved to AZ. What sucks is my family likes to save money on air conditioning so we turn it off after 6pm regardless. Sometimes I can't even sleep cause its 85 degrees in the house and the fan just doesn't cut it. Yikes!!
That sucks, except i live in northern california. So usually by 7pm the temperatures should be below 80F, unless it was triple digits that day. That is when i open my windows and luckily for me the ac is always on whether it be day or night.

I cannot stand cold showers even in the summer, so I usually take warm showers and if it's hot outside I finish off with a minute of cold water!

Like Buster Poindexter said, "Hot, hot, hot!"

On the shampoo topic, I know that I avoid sulfates because I color my hair and they will pull the color out faster. I also wash my hair under the coldest I can stand, so it doesn't open the shaft as much.

Like Buster Poindexter said, "Hot, hot, hot!"

On the shampoo topic, I know that I avoid sulfates because I color my hair and they will pull the color out faster. I also wash my hair under the coldest I can stand, so it doesn't open the shaft as much.
I usually have to wash my hair under hot water since it loosens up my hair. Cold water just clumps it together, maybe because of my hairtype?

Varies. My office is essentially an ice box so I'm usually shaking with my teeth chattering by mid-afternoon. I look forward to a hot shower when I get home!

Have cold showers during the summer or after cardio. They feel a lot more refreshing. ❤

Back