• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Cisphobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cisphobia doesn't exist, in my opinion. If someone said to me "I hate cis people", it would not greatly affect, alter, or endanger my life. However, if I said to someone "I hate trans people", that can come across as being very threatening and, unfortunately, a large majority of trans people have had to deal with abuse because of their gender identity... So of course saying something like that has a much harsher meaning to it. My life is not endangered because I am cisgender, not at all. There are more transphobic people than 'cisphobic' anyway. And anyway, whilst I do generally think we should all be kind to one another and be more empathetic and understanding from both sides of the argument, this would never happen because human beings are *******s tbh. xD So I mean, yeah, cisphobia doesn't exist. In my opinion.

I agree with this, really, word to word. And like I discussed with her, I guess it really is because Cis people have much bigger of a community and have each others' back, and are really just considered "flawless" and superior. It's a stupid theory, really, but that's just how it has been ever since.

I'm glad a lot of people in the world don't think like that anymore, but there are still people out there who do, and well.. it's a shame, really.

I agree there ain't phobia, but there are as much hate. Also of course these (tumblr) communities helps with creating things that doesn't really exist and makes people believe them.

Also you shouldn't discriminate either group(s)... and yeah no one is flawless. Peace love and respect.

Ok so I'm a huge liar regarding that I wasn't coming back whoops

When a trans person says "i hate cis people" or something it's usually just a vent. But there are "troll blogs" or whatever you wanna call 'em that basically pretend to be the worst of the worst, they're really easy to point out.

As for the 50% thing it's actually suicide attempts not completed suicide, I remembered wrong. But: one two three

The thread isn't that bad now but I always expect the worst when it comes to this stuff so I'm kinda wary on coming back to it :)

Ah, thank you.

wat even is a "ciss"

Defined in first post.

Cisphobia doesn't exist.

A phobia is an irrational fear.

Someone who is trans has plenty to fear from cisgendered people.

idk, as a gay guy, I don't fear all Christians or all straight people

I think it has more to do with individual feels and how they would take that one's telling them they are not cis (or whatever related) rather than being generalizing...

Cisphobia doesn't exist.

A phobia is an irrational fear.

Someone who is trans has plenty to fear from cisgendered people.

When Zephyr drops that mic

Like if there are legitimate cis-hating people there's a very small fraction, and it's even more minuscule when you remember only 1% of the world's population is trans.

idk, as a gay guy, I don't fear all Christians or all straight people

I mean I don't either but I'd imagine if someone was directly hassled by Christians (or in this case cis people) most of their life they'd start side-eyeing em a bit. It all depends on peoples experiences and their mentality really.

I mean I don't either but I'd imagine if someone was directly hassled by Christians (or in this case cis people) most of their life they'd start side-eyeing em a bit. It all depends on peoples experiences and their mentality really.

No, I do agree with that. And that's why I think that cisphobia is real. Your negative experiences will cause you to have a fear of cis people

Yeah, practically this. Then how much you want to generalize and how strong your feels are differs of course.

- - - Post Merge - - -

No, I do agree with that. And that's why I think that cisphobia is real. Your negative experiences will cause you to have a fear of cis people

I'd say it's more somewhat hate and/or annoyance rather than pure fear, but if you've been harassed enough it can probably evolve into some kind of fear if you take it really bad.

Yeah that's true.
I guess cisphobia exists in the literal sense of "fearing cis people", though usually when people talk about cisphobia they refer to it as this super horrible mass-cis-hate that's "as bad as transphobia" and that's why I'm like um no stop talking.

Yeah that's true.
I guess cisphobia exists in the literal sense of "fearing cis people", though usually when people talk about cisphobia they refer to it as this super horrible mass-cis-hate that's "as bad as transphobia" and that's why I'm like um no stop talking.
why are you stalking this thread

also tries to keep it civil but chooses controversial topic rip

See, I can get behind this 100%. It's just the blatant bullying-type hypocritical attitude (generally found on tumblr tbh) that bugs the sht out of me.

why are you stalking this thread

also tries to keep it civil but chooses controversial topic rip

"why are you stalking this thread" she claims, as she's stalking this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back