• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Cisphobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never encountered this at all. Not once have I felt discriminated against due to this. Now for being a femal in general...that's a different story

thanks. I mean, Kermit is kinda mischievous, right?? :rolleyes:

Um I have no idea who that is, lol.

Regarding cisphobia, I don't really have much to say I guess. Any kind of discrimination towards any group is wrong, whether it's cisphobia or transphobia or anything really, it doesn't even matter.

Last edited:
In my opinion, cisphobics are just as bad as transphobics. It doesn't seem acceptable to me to rag on someone or be disgusted by someone who is being themselves whether that be trans or cis. Regardless they are both forms of discrimination no matter how you look at it and that is why I put trans/cisphobics under the same light..

I'm just gonna point out that only 50% of trans people make it to see their 20th birthday because they either kill themselves or are murdered due to transphobia, and that the overall suicide rate of trans people is about 40%

But no one even hates themselves slightly because of "cisphobia"

Anyways I'm outta this thread for good now I wish Tina just closed it.

I think it exists, but isn't as big an issue as transphobia and homophobia.
I feel like sometimes minority groups generalise the entirety of cis people as ignorant instead of just the specific people who are.

This basically sums it up. Yes, I agree that cisphobia is a thing, but it's not used as a tool of discrimination like transphobia or homophobia. It's basically just a word to describe someone's dislike of something.

I thought "Cis" was derogatory.

Nope!

"Cisphobia" is usually just trans people venting (like when you stub your toe on a table and scream I HATE TABLES) so it pretty much isn't real sorry guys

Also like 99% of blogs dedicated to that are just troll blogs trying to get you mad so

Wait, so which is it? Venting or trolling?

isnt it just a derogatory term for non-trans people?

i wasn't sure how to word that sorry o.o

Nope, not at all.

meh. I guess how dramatic this turns out can only depend on the participants who make it that way.

Aye.

lmao it's kind of funny to see lots of cis ppl get upset over "cisphobia" and "down with the cis"-memes

Not really. People don't like being put down.

I've never encountered this at all. Not once have I felt discriminated against due to this. Now for being a femal in general...that's a different story

It's not so much discrimination, it's just a word used to describe the dislike people feel towards others for being cis.

Lol, yes. They don't really have reason for that either lmao unless they are those tumblr fakers idk.

Moko what are you even on about

I'm just gonna point out that only 50% of trans people make it to see their 20th birthday because they either kill themselves or are murdered due to transphobia, and that the overall suicide rate of trans people is about 40%

But no one even hates themselves slightly because of "cisphobia"

Anyways I'm outta this thread for good now I wish Tina just closed it.

I'd honestly like to see stats on the 50% thing. The 40% bit I do believe because yes, suicide is common with trans people.

This isn't nearly as bad as other threads, no need to close.

Cisphobia doesn't exist, in my opinion. If someone said to me "I hate cis people", it would not greatly affect, alter, or endanger my life. However, if I said to someone "I hate trans people", that can come across as being very threatening and, unfortunately, a large majority of trans people have had to deal with abuse because of their gender identity... So of course saying something like that has a much harsher meaning to it. My life is not endangered because I am cisgender, not at all. There are more transphobic people than 'cisphobic' anyway. And anyway, whilst I do generally think we should all be kind to one another and be more empathetic and understanding from both sides of the argument, this would never happen because human beings are *******s tbh. xD So I mean, yeah, cisphobia doesn't exist. In my opinion.

Ok so I'm a huge liar regarding that I wasn't coming back whoops
Wait, so which is it? Venting or trolling?

----

I'd honestly like to see stats on the 50% thing. The 40% bit I do believe because yes, suicide is common with trans people.

This isn't nearly as bad as other threads, no need to close.

When a trans person says "i hate cis people" or something it's usually just a vent. But there are "troll blogs" or whatever you wanna call 'em that basically pretend to be the worst of the worst, they're really easy to point out.

As for the 50% thing it's actually suicide attempts not completed suicide, I remembered wrong. But: one two three

The thread isn't that bad now but I always expect the worst when it comes to this stuff so I'm kinda wary on coming back to it :)

Idk I mean I completely understand that trans people have it pretty bad (first hand experience yo) but that doesn't give anyone the right to be hateful. What does that accomplish? Even if it's just "venting," I still see it as foolish. You can just as easily say "I hate transphobes." You don't need to generalize.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back